Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good weather in this country making our children extra stupid...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

looks like a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Is jealousy a bitter pill to swallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,126 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Thick feckers love heights

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bumper234 wrote: »

I'd rather not maim myself today thanks.

I would rather be jumpin in there than sittin in this feckin office:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

I'd say the person recording the tomfoolery is equally stupid. Did he not realise that most cameras these days do have a zoom function?

calanus wrote: »
    I'd say the person recording the tomfoolery is equally stupid. Did he not realise that most cameras these days do have a zoom function?

He was afraid they would see him if he got too close:rolleyes:

It was recorded on a phone with the only zoom available being a digital zoom. Would you rather have seen a highly pixelated mess on the screen instead of being able to make out what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

When that Dublin thing said 'He's toiny' (48 sec), it reminded me of this:

Achilles wrote: »
    It was recorded on a phone with the only zoom available being a digital zoom. Would you rather have seen a highly pixelated mess on the screen instead of being able to make out what was going on?

Oh my put your handbag away love we are only having a joke with you:rolleyes: Jeez maybe you seriously do need to join them in the water cos you need to cool down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks like good fun to me.

Oh my put your handbag away love we are only having a joke with you:rolleyes: Jeez maybe you seriously do need to join them in the water cos you need to cool down a bit.

Nah I've been waiting all day to get my handbag out and bash somebody with it. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

What exactly are they doing wrong? Looks like good fun to me.

Nah I've been waiting all day to get my handbag out and bash somebody with it. ;-)

Beer first i ain't cheap you know :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This was during the last time we got warm weather

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

This was during the last time we got warm weather

Jaysus one lad there barely clears the barrier into the Liffey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There was something happening? All I saw was a shakey video.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The height isn't as dangerous as the water they're jumping into. Swimming races are no longer held in Liffey waters because they've been deemed too toxic.

seamus wrote: »
    The height isn't as dangerous as the water they're jumping into. Swimming races are no longer held in Liffey waters because they've been deemed too toxic.

Would this be the same for the water in the Canal do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

The problem was that I couldn't see what was going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

This is quite a stretch!

Darkens the photo/image though. :-/

jay1988 wrote: »
    What exactly are they doing wrong? Looks like good fun to me.

There might not be enough depth for them not to hit the bottom when they enter the water.

Guess it was deep enough or we would have heard, but that's not the point. Some of the responses on this thread show how dismayingly little some know about water safety. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Swimming races are no longer held in Liffey waters because they've been deemed too toxic.

The toxicity level has since declined with the prohibition raised against TD's Clare Daly and Lucinda Cretin urinating into the river.

My BF was splashed by some manky water from that exact area twice at weekend (by kids intentionally splashing us), and both times, he got some kind of allergic reaction. Eyes streaming, and sneezing for hours after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Lots of work being done in your office anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

The main problem with the liffey is sewage contamination leading to high levels of bacteria and associated risk of disease from rats etc. Its worst in the city of course. The liffey upstream of island bridge is actually very clean for the most part.

There are rats too in the canal but much less inflow from sewage pipes so the risk there is less on that front. However around the docks area the water quality of the canals is not great again due to inflow.

tmc86 wrote: »
    Lots of work being done in your office anyway!

During lunch time?

No not really...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Certainly the grand canal dock and probably the canal waters as far as Rathmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Needs more crocodiles.

;)

Advertisement