Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Options
  • 11-03-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Came across this website called Flubit.com.

Used it to buy a hard drive last week. It was able to beat the Amazon price by £8. Was pretty impressed it could beat the Amazon market place for prices.

Doesn't work in Ireland though so you need to use it with Parcel Motel.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Interesting idea and website design.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Interesting idea and website design.

+1

I've requested a quote for a Creative Labs already well priced on Amazon for £49.95 incl shipping. I'll update here when I get an offer from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

I requested a quote for this hard drive which is at its lowest amazon price to date - £55. Flubit came back with £50.

Interesting idea.

What's the story with delivery, anyone know? Do they price gouge you with delivery charges, or is it free( not incl. Parcel Motel)?.

For delivery think you have to use UK address - so only parcel motel. In the case I quoted above, the delivery was free to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looks like it's a division of Reynholm Industries. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

I requested an offer for this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Toast-TT550015-Toaster-Slice/dp/B0013KEDKY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_1

They came back with an offer of £26/€31

So i bought it, dont know why but i did. Could have just bought a toaster for a 5er in tesco/argos!

I requested an offer for this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Toast-TT550015-Toaster-Slice/dp/B0013KEDKY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_1

They came back with an offer of £26/€31

So i bought it, dont know why but i did. Could have just bought a toaster for a 5er in tesco/argos!

So do you know who will actually ship to you? Assume they're some kind of intermediate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

Well its paid anyways through paypal for €31 euro. this is the email i got.

Hi there,

This is an order confirmation for:
    ORDER NUMBER:65XETF
    ORDER TIME AND DATE:12th March 2013 10:29
    PRODUCT NAME: Tefal Toast n' Egg TT5500 2 Slice Toaster
    QUANTITY: 1
    PRICE:26.27
    ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE:19th March 2013 00:00 - 22nd March 2013 00:00
    RETAILER:Fireworks Merchant Limited

Thank you very much for purchasing your offer through Flubit.

Once this item is dispatched you will receive a new email with an updated estimated delivery date.

Important Note: For items of high value, along with certain electrical items, your item may be delayed by 24 - 48 hours if our supplier needs to contact you prior to dispatch.

We hope that you will be happy with your purchase, but in case you have questions or if there is a problem with the delivery or the product itself, please don’t hesitate to contact the retailer through the support tab on your order page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Asked for something obscure,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiwifotos-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Olympus/dp/B003V00C72/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363093079&sr=8-3

Wonder if they'll look for the exact same brand, or find the same model from a different manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

TomCo wrote: »
    Asked for something obscure,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BestDealUK-FOTGA-Adapter-Panasonic-DMC-G1/dp/B008DQWALK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363091479&sr=8-1

Wonder if they'll look for the exact same brand, or find the same model from a different manufacturer.

At that price, I doubt they'll bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

See my above post for the sound card

Amazon: £49.95 incl shipping
    Flubit: £44.61 incl shipping

Pretty good quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I've asked about a 290£ lens so I wonder how much they can knock off! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-N56U-Wireless-Hardware-streaming/dp/B004TPWRSK/ref=pd_cp_computers_2

Asked them to give me an offer on that. They came back with an offer of £63.07. Wish I could afford to buy it now.
    I must try it with the Nexus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Pretty good site and idea, will definitely be using in the future.

Tried a quote for a Nokia Lumia 820 and 920, £370 and £489 respectively.

I'll update here when I get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is amazon shipping directly to the customer?
    Flubit says UK only.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is amazon shipping directly to the customer?
    Flubit says UK only.

You'll have to use Parcel Motel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

CarefulNow wrote: »
    You'll have to use Parcel Motel
    Do we know this for a fact?
    Is not a case of Flubit getting a better price and then the customer buys it, if the retailer ships to Ireland for free, then great?

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Do we know this for a fact?
    Is not a case of Flubit getting a better price and then the customer buys it, if the retailer ships to Ireland for free, then great?

Hmm, they do add a delivery price onto the offer they send you.
    And this is what they say on their site.
    Fireworks Merchant Limited is a Flubit company and offers great deals to Flubit's users. The items you purchase from Fireworks are fulfilled by a selection of over 800 reputable (and carefully selected) UK online retailers.

Fireworks purchases products on your behalf and ensures they are sent directly to you from that retailer. We have a friendly customer service team who are always happy to answer any of your questions relating to returns, refunds, warranties or any other customer service issue.

Hopefully one of the lads that bought something above can clarify what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

I used this site last week.

My Item was shipped from BT shop.

Delivery was only 3 days to Parcel Motel. No delivery charge

Only query I would have is returns, but I assume you return via the BT shop as they were the ones who shipped it to me.

CarefulNow wrote: »
    Hmm, they do add a delivery price onto the offer they send you.
    And this is what they say on their site.

Hopefully one of the lads that bought something above can clarify what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Great idea for a site

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Just used it for the 1st time, was looking for the Smartcam HD 2, been searching for a good few days, cheapest I could get was £85 they found it for £75 including shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

I was searching for Samsung 840 SSD, currently £75 on Amazon, Flubit offered it to me for £67.64.
    But I was not sure about the returns from Ireland either so I ordered from Amazon at the end. I assume I would have to pay the postage to UK (if bought via Flubit) if something goes wrong with the drive so I just decided that the 10% discount is not worth the trouble (although tempting).
    Still have 9 hours to buy the drive from Flubit (and cancel the one from Amazon) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

nava wrote: »
    Just used it for the 1st time, was looking for the Smartcam HD 2, been searching for a good few days, cheapest I could get was £85 they found it for £75 including shipping :)

How long did it take them to come back with the quote ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

eamonnq wrote: »
    How long did it take them to come back with the quote ?

I took them about 24h I created it on Monday 3:30 and yesterday when I check on the evening there was an offer ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-F660EXR-Digital-Camera/dp/B006Q8VAOA

93gbp + 2.99gbp shipping from Amazon

88.79gbp including delivery quoted froM flubit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Roughly 24 hours into my first "demand" (a pair of headphones) and no offer yet, but we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement

Nokia Lumia 820 price on Amazon.co.uk: £370
    Price Flubit quoted me: £357+free delivery.

A whopping saving of 4%. I'd probably just go with Amazon for peace of mind.

Advertisement