Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Megank94 wrote: »
    What poets came up on english hl paper 2 deb??

This has been answered so many times, just go back a few pages and you'll find it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

French DEB Aural:

well on DEB for french aural
    section 1 had three friends talking to each other, 2 had a french chief of drugs alcahol ect. talking, they ask how long they ban has been in for and why it has helped people

Use spoilers please, read the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Darina123

It seems from reading replies that both Examcraft and DEBs English paper 2 consist of the
    theme of kingship for Macbeth

Could anybody clarify this please??

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

English DEB:

The English spoilers are so confusing. These are the ones that are relevant to me (DEB Papers). Could anyone verify these claims?
    < these are direct copy and pastes >

for english paper 2 DEBS (I'm sure it was)
    the poets are Bishop(about her vivid imagery, peoples and places) plath, mahon and wordsworth if I can remember correctly
    macbeth question was about Lady Macbeth, asking if you thought she was a ruthless character, and the other was about kingship I'm sure.
    in the cultural context one of the questions was asking does the social interaction between men and women help us understand the cultural context. there was another I can only remember the questions I did, sorry.

On our Deb English paper 1 there was

Spoiler: Section 1:TEXT 1 a passage on Jim stynes Question B was write an inspirational speech to 6th years to make the most of their lives
    Text 2: a passage about Orla tinsley and Cystic Fibrosis Question B write a proposal to editor of your news paper on why you want to interview Orla Tinsley
    Text 3:An article by Joseph o connor about his father Question B write two Diary entries by his father about one when he was young and the other when he was a parent with young children

Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    4 write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in todays world
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Do schools only chose one company to use? :)
    Not necessarily, and in some school some papers will be bought in, some will be produced by local teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

I dont do OL Maths but our teacher basically told us everything written wise coming up on french. our school always gets debs Spoiler:
    journal intime is about travel and taking a year out to travel there's a picture of a beach that's polluted and whats your reaction to it essay on obesity unemployment television-do young people watch too much- essay on trying and succeding not really sure what that's all about and one on your dreams/aspirations and future

French DEB HL:

what do you mean essay in
    obesity unemployment television?
    are they all integrated into one essay or are they 3 seperate ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

tommybc wrote: »
    I dont do OL Maths but our teacher basically told us everything written wise coming up on french. our school always gets debs Spoiler:
    journal intime is about travel and taking a year out to travel there's a picture of a beach that's polluted and whats your reaction to it essay on obesity unemployment television-do young people watch too much- essay on trying and succeding not really sure what that's all about and one on your dreams/aspirations and future

French DEB HL:

what do you mean essay in
    obesity unemployment television?
    are they all integrated into one essay or are they 3 seperate ones?

French DEB HL:

They are three seperate ones

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

hey hey geography higher level:

physical region:
    Q1 Feature of coastal erosion and human interaction with the rock cycle
    q2
    manufacturing in Ireland- contrast BMW and GDA. Population distribution in the mezzogiorno
    Elective economic
    Mnc J+J development of tourism in a developed economy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosie95

hey hey wrote: »
    hey hey geography higher level
    physical region:
    q2
    manufacturing in Ireland- contrast BMW and GDA. Population distribution in the mezzogiorno
    Elective economic
    Mnc J+J development of tourism in a developed economy

is this deb or examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

@person asking about DEB home ec:
    lipids-talk about structure(and i'm guessing drawing them too),trans and cis fatty acids, biological functions of fats(I think)..
    elective- I only remember doing my choice of questions, and I did q3 of the elective, on 3a there was something about how conditions of a working environment can affect an individual or something like that and how has worked changed in modern times, and then you either did 3b or 3c- 3b was about voluntary work, and give an example of one, and 3c was about poverty- the causes and distribution, basically know your poverty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cmc291294

hey hey wrote: »
    hey hey geography higher level
    physical region:

Geography HL:

Did the
    Landform have to be coastal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

engLC123 wrote: »
    DEB english paper 2

what was the question on
    plath?
    what was the other
    cultural context option?

English DEB Paper 2:

I think its
    THEME/ISSUE

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

0mega wrote: »
    When do people have their Irish P1? I really need the titles. No one seems to know them.

Irish Examcraft HL:

We were told
    the education system and racism

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Motel_face

irish hl debs aiste??

Irish DEB HL:
    challenges in our society today, the olympic games, music and not too sure what else

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Motel_face

Irish DEB HL:

I did irish HL P.2 (deb) today just giving yous a heads up that the listening is absolutely atrocious! Could hardly translate one question. As for the essay titles
    music, the olympic games and the biggest challenge in our societs today came up and not too sure what else

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bittamockshelp

Which Maths mock paper is the one where they have 9 questions on paper 1 instead of 8?

Maths:

i think examcraft is the 8 q one im fairly sure but wouldnt put my life on it sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BEANBAG5

Jamie c wrote: »
    Can someone PLEASE say if the education system came up on the hl Irish DEB mocks?

Irish DEB HL:
    probss is..its the only essay we've done in class before the mocks so I can't see how its anything else but an coras oideachas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackJoeJill

Rebel7 wrote: »
    Anybody know what is coming up in HL accounting!?

Hey this is the Deb's accounting hl paper:
    Q1 sole trader
    Q2 creditor control ac
    Q3 depreciation of fixed asset
    Q4 tabular
    Q5 interpretation (ratios)
    Q6 published ac
    Q7 incomplete records
    Q8 marginal and absorption costing
    Q9 budgeting

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

Just a heads up

Did my IRISH EXAMCRAFT AURAL :
    cuid b was a nightmare, something about bogs and carbon emissions. poctach means bog i think im not sure. cuid c had kids "ar meisce" which i think means drunk

Also completed FRENCH EXAMCRAFT AURAL :
    an entire section on a woman breaking up with her boyfriend and him sending bikini pictures of her to all her contacts, an amputated swimmer without arms, something that killed 400~ people, an entire section on two politicians talking about other politicians

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

Hey this is the Deb's accounting hl paper:
    Q1 sole trader
    Q2 creditor control ac
    Q3 depreciation of fixed asset
    Q4 tabular
    Q5 interpretation (ratios)
    Q6 published ac
    Q7 incomplete records
    Q8 marginal and absorption costing
    Q9 budgeting

Accounting DEB HL:

Is the
    Type one or type two incomplete ? Like is it prepare the balance sheet the trading profit and loss or do you have to do the profit and loss followed by the balance sheet ?
    and was there much theory , if so what kind of questions ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

BEANBAG5 wrote: »
    probss is..its the only essay we've done in class before the mocks so I can't see how its anything else but an coras oideachas!
    If the papers are coming from one of the Debs companies, it's unlikely they know what any one school has or has not done in class. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

Is the
    Type one or type two incomplete ? Like is it prepare the balance sheet the trading profit and loss or do you have to do the profit and loss followed by the balance sheet ?
    and was there much theory , if so what kind of questions ? Thanks

Accounting DEB HL:
    Type 1 - Forwards/Normal way

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Biology HL Deb:
    Short Qs: Food, Ecology, Cytology(DNA and plant cells), Transport in plants(root) and Nervous system
    Experiments:Light intensity and effects on photosynthesis and Immobilised enzymes
    Long Qs in some form!: Ecology(Quantitative survey), Plant reproduction, Blood, Female reproductive organs(to draw), Homoeostasis, Yeast, Immunity, Respiration, Transport in plants :(
    Thought it was horrible :( I probably left something out! sorry :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please thank this post if you feel there is merit in moderators ONLY allowing posts in this thread which clearly state which company they are from, what level paper and which contain spoilers.

Pages and pages of 'Anyone got....?' and 'What company?' are getting tedious.

If there appears to be sufficient support for that, I'll lock the thread for a few hours and tidy it up this evening.

Thinly veiled thanks whore post

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lisamocks2013

Elceeney wrote: »
    The English spoilers people posted are so confusing. These are the ones that are relevant to me (DEB Papers). Could anyone verify these claims?

the poets are Bishop(about her vivid imagery, peoples and places) plath, mahon and wordsworth if I can remember correctly
    macbeth question was about Lady Macbeth, asking if you thought she was a ruthless character, and the other was about kingship I'm sure.
    in the cultural context one of the questions was asking does the social interaction between men and women help us understand the cultural context. there was another I can only remember the questions I did, sorry.

Spoiler: Section 1:TEXT 1 a passage on Jim stynes Question B was write an inspirational speech to 6th years to make the most of their lives
    Text 2: a passage about Orla tinsley and Cystic Fibrosis Question B write a proposal to editor of your news paper on why you want to interview Orla Tinsley
    Text 3:An article by Joseph o connor about his father Question B write two Diary entries by his father about one when he was young and the other when he was a parent with young children

Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    Yea thats all right:)

Lisa can you please please please tell me what questions came up on
    Macbeth, Plath/Mahon/Bishop and the Comparative?! :(

English DEB:
    Macbeth,: kingship clashs with brutal tyranny Plath/Mahon/Bishop mahon was dark vision of life is conveyed in poems that are both interesting andatmospheric bishop writes about people and place in poems full of vivid imagery plaths poetry reflects a wide range of poerful emotions communicated through thought provoking imagery. and the Comparative is them draws the reader deeper into the narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bittamockshelp

The English spoilers people posted are so confusing. These are the ones that are relevant to me (DEB Papers). Could anyone verify these claims?

Essays:
    yeah thats it

haha no bother thanks so much that would be great:)

English DEB:
    Sorry to keep bugging you but for kingship clashing with brutal tyranny.. is it just you write about how Macbeth becoming the king turns him into a tyrant (sort of like Macbeth's tranformation) or is it a general question on how like Macbeth was a tyrant of a king and King Edward/Duncan were not? P.s I'm starting my mocks tomorrow so I can send you stuff thats on ours soon I have Irish and my Irish aural on Monday!

English DEB:

@RML

I asked her the same thing, here was the response:
    No its the theme the questions is" the study of a theme or issue can draw a reader deeper into the narrative"

the cultural context one is
    "The main characters are often restricted or liberated by the cultural context of a narrative." Good luck

• Advertisement

English DEB:
    Sorry to keep bugging you but for kingship clashing with brutal tyranny.. is it just you write about how Macbeth becoming the king turns him into a tyrant (sort of like Macbeth's tranformation) or is it a general question on how like Macbeth was a tyrant of a king and King Edward/Duncan were not? P.s I'm starting my mocks tomorrow so I can send you stuff thats on ours soon I have Irish and my Irish aural on Monday!

English DEB:

Its more like how
    macbeth was a tyrant and the others werent
    :) i have my irish that day too:L

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement