Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle e-books 20p

Options
  • 16-12-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

there are some very good kindle ebooks available on amazon.co.uk for 20p. can change quickly, one of the books i bought on friday has gone back upto £6.83.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

A site I use regularly for free kindle books is One Hundred Free Books. I've had some goodies over the past few months and it's always worth a look as they update frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Mollywolly wrote: »
    A site I use regularly for free kindle books is One Hundred Free Books. I've had some goodies over the past few months and it's always worth a look as they update frequently.

Thanks, I'm starving now for cupcakes and wellington squares. some nice cookery books on there, would take a lot of browsing to find a good book to read I'd say although santa akbar caught my attention:
    http://www.amazon.com/Santa-Akbar-ebook/dp/B00AHPRK1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1355697952&sr=1-1&keywords=santa+akbar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

^^^^ Only free if you are Prime member.

positron wrote: »
    ^^^^ Only free if you are Prime member.

Did you look at the books in the link in my original post? They go back to normal price after a while (I think perhaps 24 hours) but the list is constantly being updated with free ones.

I know that the links do work, because I managed to download 3 books yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are there any decent sites out there for getting "discounted" books for the Kobo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Did you look at the books in the link in my original post? They go back to normal price after a while (I think perhaps 24 hours) but the list is constantly being updated with free ones.

I know that the links do work, because I managed to download 3 books yesterday :)

Yep, that's an amazing link indeed. Thank you! :)

PS: Found this title by going thru that link above. Normally retails for 50 usd, 21 five star reviews, and is now free!!!

Style Guide - Business Communication Book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I check it every day :)

positron wrote: »
    Yep, that's an amazing link indeed. Thank you! :)

PS: Found this title by going thru that link above. Normally retails for 50 usd, 21 five star reviews, and is now free!!!

Style Guide - Business Communication Book
    Thanks for that one! Now downloaded to my cloud reader - it's a bit big for my iPod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

life of pi is down to 20p today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ablelocks wrote: »

FFS! Only bought that yesterday at full price!!:mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

me too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Very new to Kindle. Is there an issue downloading books from the .co.uk site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Oddly enough went to buy it earlier and was pleasently surprised by the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ireland's kindle shop is amazon.com
    You could use a UK vpn to use the UK site but I don't know if that's too much trouble for too little?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Free kindle books from pixelsofink.com everyday just have to register your email to get daily update by email. Delivered via amazon.com site, so you need to be registered but that is no problem.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Just change your country in your address to the UK. That's what I did and have been using Amazon.co.uk for my Kindle purchases for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

silverwood wrote: »
    Just change your country in your address to the UK. That's what I did and have been using Amazon.co.uk for my Kindle purchases for over a year.

Is it cheaper to buy from the UK site or is there any difference?

Would you get more for your money with the dollar or the pound?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

shockwave wrote: »
    Is it cheaper to buy from the UK site or is there any difference?

Would you get more for your money with the dollar or the pound?

If anything it's probably slightly cheaper in the US store. I prefer the UK store because they have the same titles and covers that you see when you browse a bookshop in town. The US frequently have different titles and covers for books which makes it confusing! I usually decide what I want in the retail bookshop and then download from Amazon. Not very fair on the bookshop I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Is that your billing or delivery address? If the former, will the payment still go through when you purchase? Do you need to do anything to the Kindle to find the new account settings? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Set your billing address as your usual credit card address. Have a valid delivery address for Ireland, uk, and USA. Then when searching or buying kindle books switch between your uk and USA address (go to manage my kindle/change country).

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy complete set of 5 books is down to £ 2 something now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its been reported elsewhere that they stop you doing this after a few purchases if your credit card is not a UK one (one way around this may be to set up a 2nd account and send yourself gift vouchers).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

loyatemu wrote: »

its been reported elsewhere that they stop you doing this after a few purchases if your credit card is not a UK one (one way around this may be to set up a 2nd account and send yourself gift vouchers).

I bought a kindle in may & set up a uk address with Irish Visa card. No problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I bought a kindle in may & set up a uk address with Irish Visa card. No problems so far.

Ditto with an Irish credit card and I got my Kindle more than two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nowthen

Ditto with an Irish credit card and I got my Kindle more than two years ago.
    Does this work with the kindle fire hd? Did you just get a valid uk address from someone you know living in the uk?

If you put in an american or english address for delivery address when you put in your visa card details did you put in the proper billing address (the irish one ) or do you put in the the english or american address?
    I tried it with a valid american address, set it up on amazon.com and then put in my visa details. i put in the proper (irish billing address) and then i tried the billing address as the valid american one. Neither worked. any ideas??

nowthen wrote: »
    If you put in an american or english address for delivery address when you put in your visa card details did you put in the proper billing address (the irish one ) or do you put in the the english or american address?
    I tried it with a valid american address, set it up on amazon.com and then put in my visa details. i put in the proper (irish billing address) and then i tried the billing address as the valid american one. Neither worked. any ideas??

I've an Irish billing address with a US delivery address (have used a number of different addresses over the years - friends / relations). I've never had an issue with US Kindle purchases - maybe it's because I've purchased and had stuff delivered to those addresses? I also have a UK delivery address, but never had anything delivered to it and I've no problem purchasing from UK kindle store.

Did you enter an irish delivery address as well? If so you may need to set your default delivery address to the US one before you buy.

I've an Irish billing address with a US delivery address (have used a number of different addresses over the years - friends / relations). I've never had an issue with US Kindle purchases - maybe it's because I've purchased and had stuff delivered to those addresses? I also have a UK delivery address, but never had anything delivered to it and I've no problem purchasing from UK kindle store.

Did you enter an irish delivery address as well? If so you may need to set your default delivery address to the US one before you buy.

thanks for reply. i had the american delivery address set up as my default one. i had my proper irish billing address for my irish visa and it didn't work. I will try set up another amazon account with a uk address and my irish credit card. they are valid addresses.
    How annoying is it? I want to buy stuff from amazon but i cant because im in ireland. doesn't make any sense.

nowthen wrote: »
    thanks for reply. i had the american delivery address set up as my default one. i had my proper irish billing address for my irish visa and it didn't work. I will try set up another amazon account with a uk address and my irish credit card. they are valid addresses.
    How annoying is it? I want to buy stuff from amazon but i cant because im in ireland. doesn't make any sense.

you shouldn't have to set up another account - just add a UK address to your existing account.

is it a kindle or a kindle fire hd you have? Was it originally purchased from amazon uk or us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

1227 QI Facts is down to 20p!

Bargain!

Advertisement