Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW "In the Spotlight" Thread - Pete Campbell

Options
  • 25-11-2012 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Well lads looks like someone has to take the bull by the horns as the man says.

I'll put together a list of people who volunteered to be next in the order they did so in the other thread later.

For now post your questions and I'll answer at regular intervals. I don't really mind what ye ask tbh.

I'lk start with Mitch's questions from the other thread in a sec.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Rules:
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread
    5. Only the poster should be answering the questions.

Default/Sample Questions
    What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?
    Everyone else in school was watching it. Myself and the brother loved Earthquake/Typhoon and the Bushwhackers. Big into the workrate obv.

What keeps you interested in it?
    Its light relief and a harmless fun if you allow yourself enjoy it and not take it too seriously. That and Funkasauras' bitch tits.

How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?
    Cant remember. Think it might have been recommended by someone on another board.

What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    1. Nice atmosphere.
    2. Diabhal Beag's musk.
    3. I dont need to read any othrr news sites its all here.

What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?
    GAA, any other sport really, music (esp Rory Gall), badger racing, goat shearing, fishing with maggots as bait.

What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?
    Shawn superkicking Marty through the barbershop window.

Where did your username come from?
    That rat b*stard on Madison Avenue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Stone Cold or Hogan?

Bret or Shawn?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Stone Cold or Hogan?

Bret or Shawn?

Austin but only because he wouldn't answer the phone during sex.

Shawn for putting the sexy back into receding hairlines and arseless leather chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wrestler you dislike the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Not trying to be too personal here, but are you from Donegal, or Cork, hence the love f'Rory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What match/moment would you show to people to give them an example of why you watch wrestling?

Not trying to be too personal here, but are you from Donegal, or Cork, hence the love f'Rory?
    Neither, just a fan of good music. Greatest guitarist of all time. Sad how underappreciated he is in his own country.

kksaints wrote: »
    Wrestler you dislike the most?

Probably someone like Jeff Hardy. Inspired a generation of young indy workers to believe doing stupid sh*t to their bodies would get them a job in the big leagues. Along with the likes of Angle killed the art of selling and in ring storytelling in North American wrestling.

What match/moment would you show to people to give them an example of why you watch wrestling?
    Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Kroffat/Furnas All Asia Tag Titles, Sendai 1992. All action, but also manages to get the crowd involved to the point of meltdown. A masterpiece.

In terms if American wrestling I'd go for the 1992 Rumble match. Amazing array of talent, absolutely hilarious commentary, a masterclass from Flair. Wrestling as it should be, fun but easily accessible to all and doesnt take itself too seriously. You could show it to anyone and they'd have fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If you were starting out internet message-board posting again would you post in MMA or Pro-Wrestling?
    -Ms. Bryan Alvarez, Kilimor-Daly News

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fight club: If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Neither, just a fan of good music. Greatest guitarist of all time. Sad how underappreciated he is in his own country.
    Are you from Parts Unknown?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Favourite memory from any PPV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

McDonalds or Burger King?

If you were starting out internet message-board posting again would you post in MMA or Pro-Wrestling?
    -Ms. Bryan Alvarez, Kilimor-Daly News
    Major Psychological Issues.

And Hogan Stand.

Fight club: If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

Luis Suarez. I'd go all Johnny Maher on him.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/loughreas-johnny-maher-went-on-the-rampage-in-the-galway-hurling-final/#sthash.3WIMyqOS.dpbs

Are you from Parts Unknown?
    Worse. Waterford.

Favourite memory from any PPV?
    Probably Eddie beating Lesnar for the title. I roared in every sense of the word.

glenjamin wrote: »
    McDonalds or Burger King?
    Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

1st of all make sure to include my name for this, think i mentioned it in the other thread, cant remember now and cant be bothered checking.

2nd my questions?

Which wrestler do you think would do good in another sport (not NFL or MMA) and your reasons why?

Sexiest diva of all time?

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    1st of all make sure to include my name for this, think i mentioned it in the other thread, cant remember now and cant be bothered checking.

2nd my questions?

Which wrestler do you think would do good in another sport (not NFL or MMA) and your reasons why?

Sexiest diva of all time?
    Evan Bourne in gymnastics maybe.

I'd imagine Big Show would do well in a scrum or towering over everyone in basketball. Or a junior club hurling fullback. :pac:

Stacy Keibler for me.

Worst match you've seen?

If you could push anyone to become WWE Champion atm, who would it be?

Ryder or Riot?

Worst match you've seen?

If you could push anyone to become WWE Champion atm, who would it be?

Ryder or Riot?
    Worst match: probably something involving Conor Hurley on the IWW undercard. Will also mention Bret/Vince from Mania a few years ago. Obviously their hands were tied by Brets physical condition, but it still felt like they planned it a few mins before belltime.

Id push Santino legit. He gets how to work a crowd which is something most wrestlers fail badly at.

Riot!

I dont mind non PW questions either lads. Be a bit meh if theyre all on the one subject tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Favourite Movie/TV Show?

I you can't pick one, let's just go with lately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fave TV show as a kid (and don't say the Sunday Game).

Favourite Movie/TV Show?

I you can't pick one, let's just go with lately.
    Currently my favourite TV show is Mad Men. Incredible storytelling. Enjoying Breaking Bad and In Treatment atm as well.

Couldnt pick an all time film. Argo is the best film Ive seen this year though. Edge of the seat tension.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Fave TV show as a kid (and don't say the Sunday Game).
    Rainbow and He Man when I was very small.

Saved by the Bell when I was a bit older.:pac:

Favourite animated show?

Best place you've been to?

• Advertisement

Favourite animated show?

Best place you've been to?
    Wouldnt be big into the aul cartoons so probably the Simpsons back before it got sh*te.

Best place undoubtedly New York. Capital of the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement