Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you discuss your infidelity with friends free of guilt?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I had sex with a woman I know who is in a relationship a while back, she recently told me she told a friend in work who I know. Then she went on to say that her friend had just cheated on her husband so they were both promised not to tell their secrets. They had a laugh about it.

I was really surprised as both are really nice people who'd be perceived as morally sound by friends and colleagues. So do you think your infidelity is a source of light hearted conversation if you do part take in such activities?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How many cheating threads is that you've started now? 4? were you cheated on? Or is there something you really want to tell us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Wow... they sound like lovely woman :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Wow... they sound like lovely woman :rolleyes:

They actually are apart from the above obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I'm single so no I don't discuss my infidelity in fact what goes on in my bedroom stays in my bedroom .... unless they escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

bluewolf wrote: »
    How many cheating threads is that you've started now? 4? were you cheated on? Or is there something you really want to tell us?
    Maybe the OP is banned from the PI forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You really have an obsession with cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

I wouldn't discuss my infidelity with anyone! Assuming I was ever in that position which is a bit unlikely.

But I do know people who have cheated on their other half who have absolutely no shame about it whatsoever or even feel the need to hide from anybody but the person they cheated on.

I would go as far to say that despite guilt about cheating being the the central theme of many a novel or movie. In reality most people don't feel any guilt at all. Unless they get caught.

I remember some research somewhere that there may indeed be a sound biological reason why some women cheat. Something to do with the instinct to produce strong children from men who wouldn't make good Fathers and Husbands.

I think it's probably more common than most of us believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Discussing infidelity is the quickest way to get caught. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Discussing infidelity is the quickest way to get caught. :D

With a name like that it's quite obvious what you get up to ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Best thing to do is don't cheat in the 1st place. If your single you don't go after a person who is in a relationship. I'm married and I live 5 hours away from my wife as she is is college. I trust her and she trusts me and I know neither of us would ever cheat on the other for the simple reason we love each other and if your going to cheat you may as well be single. Marriage vows or vows made to each other are not there to be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

With my good lady wife I discuss her infidelity, but she refuses to desist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A few of my friends did before, and I got all mean and judgemental on them.

Don't expect me to support your crappy behaviour just because I'm your friend. One girls got mad at me then for not being supportive!

I've heard it in the locker room too amongst men for a my old football team. Men with wives and kids having a laugh about some one they had on the side. No guilt whatsoever, it was a source of amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Gauss

Adverts | Friends
    First Dance songs

Hi,

I'm getting married next year and just looking for some suggestions for first dance songs, nothing too over played.

I hope the lucky lady your marrying isn't a Boards member :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I can't tell my mates as I'm riding all their wives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Proof positive that marriage is little more than a glorified business arrangement and a weekend long piss up to most people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

mattjack wrote: »
    Gauss

Adverts | Friends
    First Dance songs
    Hi,

I'm getting married next year and just looking for some suggestions for first dance songs, nothing too over played.

I hope the lucky lady your marrying isn't a Boards member :)

Hope she is, so the poor woman can find out what kind of complete dick head she is marrying.

I'm marrying Sindy 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

A guy I work with has a bad history of cheating.

He got into major trouble with the missus recently.
    He bought an iPad an unknowingly had it synced for text messages, so his wife found all of his conversations with his bits on the side.

Serves him right, he isn't getting sympathy off of anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

No, well I'd never cheat anyway, have these women never heard of the saying'' a closed mouth catches no flies '' ?

It really does amaze me how seemingly good people can be so judgmental about various topics including infidelity while casually discussing with your friends your conquests on the side. Cognitive dissonance or something going on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gauss wrote: »
    I'm marrying Sindy 45.

Does she know

bluewolf wrote: »

Does she know

Yea it's in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Gauss wrote: »
    I've heard it in the locker room too amongst men for a my old football team. Men with wives and kids having a laugh about some one they had on the side. No guilt whatsoever, it was a source of amusement.

What dickheads they are to be fvcking around with a wife and kids at home. These lads wouldn't be getting respect from me for getting off on the side, I'd actually think it pathetic on him given the circumstances.

If you want to fvck around then be single, no problem, but don't go about having your cake and eating it too when the stakes are higher and you can mess up your own family's lives. Pure selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

1ZRed wrote: »
    What dickheads they are to be fvcking around with a wife and kids at home. These lads wouldn't be getting respect from me for getting off on the side, I'd actually think it pathetic on him given the circumstances.

If you want to fvck around then be single, no problem, but don't go about having your cake and eating it too when the stakes are higher and you can mess up your own family's lives. Pure selfish.

I am so happy to see someone with sense! Couldnt agree more, stay single if you wanna fcuk anything with a heartbeat imo..

IF I were to cheat I would be totally guilty telling any of my friends, even though they wouldnt berate me for it. But I would never do something like that ever in my life..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

1ZRed wrote: »

Hear, hear.

'When you were so in love with me
    I played around like I was free
    Thought I could have my cake and eat it too
    But how I cried over losin' you'

Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
    'Working My Way Back To You'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I cheated a couple of years ago but was found out. I broke my husband's heart, lost the respect of my family and friends and more importantly I lost respect for myself. How people can talk about it as if it is nothing I cannot understand. Would give anything to turn the clock back on what I had and who I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

BizzyC wrote: »
    A guy I work with has a bad history of cheating.

He got into major trouble with the missus recently.
    He bought an iPad
    Serves him right, he isn't getting sympathy off of anyone.

Serves him right, what kind of idiot would buy an iPad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember I knew this girl through an ex. The girl was getting married but having one stands. I was at party and was talking to her and her boyfriend. I felt really uncomfortable talking to guy as I kept thinking "here mate that yoke beside you is riding everything"

Advertisement