Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2012, 22:06   #31
watty

CI+ means MHEG5
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-07-2012, 22:36   #32
STB
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by watty View Post
CI+ means MHEG5
...packaged as standard, but only if a CI+ module is onboard. Some of the chipsets (like the ALI m3606 on the fergusons/amikos etc) would have to have included a CI+ module rather than a CI one for the software to be included in the stb. AFAIK they have only installed CI slots.

The NXP8735 Combo STBs (OEM is Sowell) will start appearing and they come with CI+ modules as standard.

CI+ is mainly about keeping sky happy though....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NXP Sowell (640x320).jpg (127.4 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by STB; 31-07-2012 at 22:42.
01-08-2012, 09:37   #33
Johnboy1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB View Post
Just to add to the confusion.... I had posted this before.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...r-3126809.html

The Cush had picked up on the word "evolve". It is highly likely that the EBU Text currently carried on the Mux might be discontinued, but I did wonder given how small an amount of space it takes up in addition to the MHEG5 data carousel, how committed RTE would be to dropping it, given they know that not everyone is using Saorview approved equipment, especially those with working IDTVs that arent fully compliant on the MHEG side.

What Gerry has posted does seem to be fairly clear in my view given what hasn't been said in the past. Its just a pity they are referring to it using the word Analogue.
That would appear to say that the "Analogue" will evolve into "Digital" for teletext services ..... which to me means that the EBU text we currently receive will be dropped in time, but maybe not immediately on ASO.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion