Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing Problem

Options
  • 21-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

Just off the phone after being on a 58 minute call to Eircom.
    The phone customer service is a disgrace, put through to 5 different people and constantly on hold and nobody had a clue what was going on, when the last guy had no idea who I was I just hung up.

I have been an Eircom customer receiving bills about the 6th of each month.
    Last week I upgraded to fibre broadband.
    On 6th June I received my old bill for 45 euros.
    This morning I received a bill dated 18 June for 50 euros.
    The new bill has a new account number and a different phone number.

I will obviously not be paying both of these bills.

I would appreciate some help in this matter because the call centre haven't a clue transferring me to broadband, to billing, to fibre and back to billing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mdwexford wrote: »
    The phone customer service is a disgrace, put through to 5 different people and constantly on hold and nobody had a clue what was going on, when the last guy had no idea who I was I just hung up.

I would appreciate some help in this matter because the call centre haven't a clue transferring me to broadband, to billing, to fibre and back to billing.

Hi mdwexford,

We have your old account number, can you PM me the new account number you received on the bill and I will get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mdwexford,

I found your new account 7636XXXX

When providing the fibre broadband was issued as a separate account rather than assigned to your existing account. Did you request a Voice (VOIP) and broadband plan when you requested the fibre broadband?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hi Mark,

Yeah that's the one.

I just got a letter in the post saying fibre is available in my area now and call to upgrade.

I rang and said I was interested, the guy asked me did I need a phone package as well.
    I said I don't have a phone in my house and only used Eircom for broadband.
    He said then that the fibre would cost me 40 a month.
    I said perfect go ahead and sort out an installation for me.

Hi Mark,

Yeah that's the one.

I just got a letter in the post saying fibre is available in my area now and call to upgrade.

I rang and said I was interested, the guy asked me did I need a phone package as well.
    I said I don't have a phone in my house and only used Eircom for broadband.
    He said then that the fibre would cost me 40 a month.
    I said perfect go ahead and sort out an installation for me.

Hi mdwexford,

Ok, well usually what would happen is the fibre order would be issued on the existing account and once the broadband is installed and up and running the standard land line will be ceased and a broadband voice plan will be added and assigned to the existing number.

See packages: http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

If you call fibre sales on 1800 40 40 30

They can arrange that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hi im having the exact same issue atm, no idea what is happening, seem to be being billed twice with 2 account numbers and nobody on customer billing has a clue whats going on

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hi im having the exact same issue atm, no idea what is happening, seem to be being billed twice with 2 account numbers and nobody on customer billing has a clue whats going on
    Hi if you can PM me either of your account numbers I will have a look at this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

actually seeme to have gotten a customer rep who understands whats happening, like above the old account was never canceled so looks like its being sorted now

VinLieger wrote: »
    actually seeme to have gotten a customer rep who understands whats happening, like above the old account was never canceled so looks like its being sorted now

Hi VinLieger,

If you need me to check anything or if you have any follow up queries. Please PM me with your tel no: or eircom account number.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mdwexford,

Ok, well usually what would happen is the fibre order would be issued on the existing account and once the broadband is installed and up and running the standard land line will be ceased and a broadband voice plan will be added and assigned to the existing number.

See packages: http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

If you call fibre sales on 1800 40 40 30

They can arrange that for you.

Thanks, Mark

No no no.

I've already gotten my fibre and now I've been charged my normal bill dated June 6th and now a fibre bill dated June 18th.

No no no.

I've already gotten my fibre and now I've been charged my normal bill dated June 6th and now a fibre bill dated June 18th.

Hi mdwexford,

Yes I know, but obviously if you only want the one account. You can add broadband voice (call package) as a bundle with the fibre broadband. Transfer your telephone number onto the fibre line.

Then delete the old standard phone / broadband line if you like?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi mdwexford,

Yes I know, but obviously if you only want the one account. You can add broadband voice (call package) as a bundle with the fibre broadband. Transfer your telephone number onto the fibre line.

Then delete the old standard phone / broadband line if you like?

Thanks, Mark

I don't want any call package.

I just want my billing issue sorted out.

I of course don't want my old line now I have fibre and the guy who upgraded me should have cancelled that line when I upgraded.

I don't want any call package.

I just want my billing issue sorted out.

I of course don't want my old line now I have fibre and the guy who upgraded me should have cancelled that line when I upgraded.

Hi mdwexford,

Do you specifically want to keep your old number or do you mind either way?

Thanks, Mark

Hi mdwexford,

Do you specifically want to keep your old number or do you mind either way?

Thanks, Mark

Makes no difference to me Mark.

I just use it solely for Internet, I don't even have a house phone.

Makes no difference to me Mark.

I just use it solely for Internet, I don't even have a house phone.

Hi mdwexford,

I am looking to arrange to cease your standard land line account - 7541xxxx so you will just have the fibre broadband account active with eircom. I should get back to you with an update by tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Cool, thanks for your help Mark.

If you could also find out how much I owe or what my billing situation is please.

Cool, thanks for your help Mark.

If you could also find out how much I owe or what my billing situation is please.

Hi mdwexford,

I have sent on the request to cancel the standard account to a manager in cancellations to insure no contract or cancellation charges are applied. As the separate fibre account has been set up.

Thanks, Mark

Ok that's grand Mark and what's the story with my billing issue then?

Ok that's grand Mark and what's the story with my billing issue then?

Hi mdwexford,

I have got confirmation that your old account has been cancelled REF: 3163258C 27/06/12.

Eircom will send a final bill to your address only charging up until the date of cancellation. Going forward the fibre account will be the only account you have with eircom.

Thanks, Mark

Ok so I'll wait until I get that bill before paying anything then?

I have two bills here at the moment.

Just want to make sure I don't get disconnected or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mdxfordwe wrote: »
    Ok so I'll wait until I get that bill before paying anything then?

I have two bills here at the moment.

Just want to make sure I don't get disconnected or anything.

Hi mdxfordwe,
    I can confirm that your old account has been disconnected in full and you should receive a final statement in the post shortly. I would recommend that you not pay the latest bill but wait instead for final statement for this account.

In relation to your new account you will not be disconnected and the service will go ahead as agreed. If there is any problems with this do get back to me immediately
    Tony

• Advertisement

11 days later and still no final statement and today I get an overdue account letter for the fibre bill I have gotten. I will not be paying any money until the original issue I had that I posted here about 18 days ago is resolved.

Are your company really that bad at letting each other know what the hell is going on because the five idiots I talked to on the 21st of June certainly hadnt got a clue what was happening.

Sort out my billing issue this week or I will be moving to a different service provider.

11 days later and still no final statement and today I get an overdue account letter for the fibre bill I have gotten. I will not be paying any money until the original issue I had that I posted here about 18 days ago is resolved.

Are your company really that bad at letting each other know what the hell is going on because the five idiots I talked to on the 21st of June certainly hadnt got a clue what was happening.

Sort out my billing issue this week or I will be moving to a different service provider.

Hi,

I can confirm the final bill was issued on the 28/06/12

The bill was in credit:

28/06/12 BILL -26.22 CR -2.13 CR

I can print a hard copy and post it directly to uou if you like?

Thanks, Mark

Very strange I didnt receive it then.

Yeah you can post it or email it to me please Mark.

So is that credit amount coming off my first fibre bill then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi mdwexford,

Mark is out of office at the moment. Will check with him in the morning. You are correct in saying that any credits on the old account will be transferred into the new one though. Will get back to you tomorrow and let you know what's happening.

Regards

James

Hi mdwexford,

My apologies, I checked with the billing department and the end final bill still needs to be issued as the account was only ceased on the 28/06/12

They confirmed it will be sent out within the next week. so I will let you know of the correct final amount on the account when the bill has been issued.

Thanks, Mark

So almost two weeks after the account was ceased and the final bill still has not been issued.

Is that normal practice with Eircom?

God this has been a shocking debacle, if id known it was going to be this much hassle I wouldnt have bothered swithching to fibre.

Thanks for your help anyway because if I had to discuss it with the mongoloids on the phone id be lucky to have it sorted by Christmas.

So almost two weeks after the account was ceased and the final bill still has not been issued.

Is that normal practice with Eircom?

God this has been a shocking debacle, if id known it was going to be this much hassle I wouldnt have bothered swithching to fibre.

Thanks for your help anyway because if I had to discuss it with the mongoloids on the phone id be lucky to have it sorted by Christmas.

Hi,

I am sorry the fibre broadband should have been added to the existing account.

The two week time-frame is standard practice for final bills I'm afraid.

I can assure you when the final bill has been issued. You will only have the one fibre account with eircom.

I will keep checking it our end and keep you posted.

Thanks, Mark

Got another urgent payment required letter this morning.

It is threatening immediate restriction of service, if this happens I will be looking for alternative service providers.

I do not appreciate these letters when it is Eircom in the wrong re their bill issuing.

Can a simple note not be put on my account explaining the situation so the "credit manager" as the note is signed by can see what is going on.

Got another urgent payment required letter this morning.

It is threatening immediate restriction of service, if this happens I will be looking for alternative service providers.

I do not appreciate these letters when it is Eircom in the wrong re their bill issuing.

Can a simple note not be put on my account explaining the situation so the "credit manager" as the note is signed by can see what is going on.

Hi mdwexford,

Apologies the reminder / overdue amount letters are issued automatically. I apologise for that. The final bill was issued on Friday the 13/07/12. That bill will show an early cease charge of €106.45 exc Vat or €130.93 Inc Vat.

** Again please ignore that. That is not relevant to you as you set up the fibre broadband account. I am going to credit that charge off the account and get back to you soon to confirm.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Ok so now I have a bill from the original account for 138.08 and now I have received my fibre bill for 50.62 for my first bill and 60.29 for my second for a total of 110.91 even though I was told my fibre was going to be 50 a month.

Looking at the details of the bill I have just seen I have been charged for broadband excess usage, are you people kidding me. I was told on the phone it was unlimited usage or I never would have changed when I am a heavy downloader.

I have lost patience with this now and these bills are piling up due to Eircoms complete non communication within their departments and just general awful customer service.

Advertisement