Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for leaving Eircom

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Djawl wrote: »
    I have shown Eircom's cancellation process to be flawed for the consumer and advantageous for the provider - BUT on top of that my account with Eircom is in credit and I have not yet received what is owed to me. I am waiting 60 days now. Looks like Eircom is flawed in more ways than one.

Unfair in retaining charges and arrogant in their ignorance ... will I ever receive what is owed to me? In my 33 years with this company I always paid on time, Pity Eircom cannot display the same courtesy.

Thank you for your post Djawl,

Please PM your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Djawl

Please PM your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Thank you Ant, I accept that you would genuinely try to help, but I have been in contact with Comreg and would prefer to wait to see if Eircom can show some respect to a customer of 33 years. Sorry, but Eircom leaves a sour taste in my mouth, however, I thank you personally.

Djawl wrote: »
    Thank you Ant, I accept that you would genuinely try to help, but I have been in contact with Comreg and would prefer to wait to see if Eircom can show some respect to a customer of 33 years. Sorry, but Eircom leaves a sour taste in my mouth, however, I thank you personally.

Hi Djawl,

Appreciated. Let me know if I can assist you with this again or with anything in the future.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bird2012

My parents recently switched from Eircom to UTV Internet & Phone because they could not afford the bill from eircom. just the other day they received a final bill from Eircom for Broadband early cease charge & Line rental early cease charge totalling €323.63 (excluding VAT & call charges. Obviously very shocked, my mother contacted eircom questioning this bill to be told that a recent "FREE UPGRADE" to 8MB NGB 8 months ago constitutes an extension of a contract. Surely an upgrade of this kind (welcomed as it was I'm sure) should not change the current connection agreement? Do companies not contact customers who have initiated a "switch" in the hope of retaining their business by working together to maybe change the package so something that they would be able to afford?? Or at least to advise people who have been customers for 30 years of what the consequences & penalties of switching out would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

i think Eircom acting up here..

would definately put one off doing business with them if thats the way they carry on..

I am currently out of contract, and not once in the last 2 years did i receive anything about a change in cancellation process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bird2012 wrote: »
    My parents recently switched from Eircom to UTV Internet & Phone because they could not afford the bill from eircom. just the other day they received a final bill from Eircom for Broadband early cease charge & Line rental early cease charge totalling €323.63 (excluding VAT & call charges. Obviously very shocked, my mother contacted eircom questioning this bill to be told that a recent "FREE UPGRADE" to 8MB NGB 8 months ago constitutes an extension of a contract. Surely an upgrade of this kind (welcomed as it was I'm sure) should not change the current connection agreement? Do companies not contact customers who have initiated a "switch" in the hope of retaining their business by working together to maybe change the package so something that they would be able to afford?? Or at least to advise people who have been customers for 30 years of what the consequences & penalties of switching out would be?
    Don't accept this nonsense from Eircon! If the upgrade was free which they all are they are not entitled to charge for it or to extend any contract or create one where before there was none!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Djawl

I would be VERY VERY careful with Eircom.

I should not have payed my "last bill" but waited a few days for the "FINAL bill" and then I could have seen what Eircom was charging in an underhanded way, then, I could have payed what was correct and let Eircom feel caught instead of me being actually caught.

Also please remember when you give account number to an Eircom representative, you are giving your full name, address, telephone number. I just do not trust Eircom after their treatment of me.

Bird2012 wrote: »

Hi Bird2012,

Can you please private message your eircom Account number, so I can investigate what you have stated in your query, above.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement