Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-04-2012, 19:28   #16
Shane_ef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
You don't buy a car like that to drive 30mph to the shops. It's bought for it's drifting/diffing ability and nothing more. That's the buying motive, and unfortunately that's what they're used for - showboating.
That's a generalization, i know of 2 people that own them as Show cars
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 19:33   #17
Owen

Of course it's a generalisation. I'm well aware it is.

Unfortunately, the majority of Twin Cam owners are twats. So while it is a generalisation, and there are a few exceptions - that's it. There's a few. The dogs on the street know most Twin Cam owners act the maggot when they know they can get away with it. Trying to hide it behind political correctness 'oh, not everyone's like that' is retarded.
30-04-2012, 19:44   #18
Shane_ef

I was just pointing it out, not trying to hide it behind anything, the vast majority of ae86 owners are you lads driving the nuts out of them BUT there are people who aren't, this is where trouble might start at the rally with some Stuarts, Joe & Mary Soap, going there's a boy racer, call they guards, they are banned from town this weekend,

it seems to single out the ae86, buy a lot of people know there many different cars used.
Then again, it appears they also used a mustang in the picture.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 19:51   #19
FishHook

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hipster View Post
I’m delighted that Killarney rally of the lakes are actually putting this out there & distancing themselves from the trouble-making antics of these boy-racers.
It is long over-due that the powers that be in Irish Rallying openly and actively did something to prevent the sport being hijacked by boy racers who land at events, burning donuts, breaking the law and generally making a public nuisance of themselves while being associated with rallying which has a difficult enough existence getting event insurance, competitor numbers, road closing orders, garda assistance, residential cooperation, crowd acceptance… etc.

Boy Racers – you are NOT welcome, this has been spelled out for you.

If you want to gather & do donuts (and whatever else floats your particular boats), organise your own events with insurance, closed areas, services areas, garda cooperation, residential approval etc, etc.
Agree 100%!! One good thing about the increase in the price of petrol is that it has forced a lot of these clowns off the road.
01-05-2012, 06:19   #20
Pdfile

Send a message via MSN to Pdfile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Of course it's a generalisation. I'm well aware it is.

Unfortunately, the majority of Twin Cam owners are twats. So while it is a generalisation, and there are a few exceptions - that's it. There's a few. The dogs on the street know most Twin Cam owners act the maggot when they know they can get away with it. Trying to hide it behind political correctness 'oh, not everyone's like that' is retarded.

couldn't agree more.
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 12:14   #21
JimmyCrackCorn

The 86 was picked because it has a long history of doughnutting in car parks going back to the 80s.
If you were going to pick a car for the advert it would be that or something with a wing the size of a 747.

Once again it only takes a handful of muppets to give everyone a bad name.
I genuinely hope they do get reported its the only way things will change.
01-05-2012, 12:34   #22
misterdeeds

hate "boy racers"

yep i'm in that boat, hate them (the idiot ones ) though the majority of the lads girls are sensible and fair play to them they could well be on the town making trouble etc, as for the idiots who go around speeding in their noisy cars there the ones who make it harder for the sensible ones to enjoy their cars after all I'M sure enough money has gone into them as people tent to think all lads/girls are "boy racers" which isin't the case. By no means am I "boy racer" or do I drive a suped up car, just jumping to the defence of a small handful of people I happen to be friends with and are responsible with their cars.
01-05-2012, 13:24   #23
davidsr20

I'm a genuine car lover and have had lots of sports cars(skylines , silvias, etc) over the last ten years,I'm now 31 but still enjoy the bit of crack but never acted the mick in any of my cars as I'm also a mechanic.
I think ye are missing the point of what revenue and money this brings to Killarney for that weekend so if they clamp down hard on every modified car then it will be a to total flop next year.
And it's 80% of the lads with the modified cars that bring the money in to the town each spending prob €500 that weekend.
I do agree they should have some car park rented for messing as it would be safer and keep it off the roads.
Roll on the weekend
01-05-2012, 13:57   #24
De Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsr20 View Post
I'm a genuine car lover and have had lots of sports cars(skylines , silvias, etc) over the last ten years,I'm now 31 but still enjoy the bit of crack but never acted the mick in any of my cars as I'm also a mechanic.
I think ye are missing the point of what revenue and money this brings to Killarney for that weekend so if they clamp down hard on every modified car then it will be a to total flop next year.
And it's 80% of the lads with the modified cars that bring the money in to the town each spending prob €500 that weekend.
I do agree they should have some car park rented for messing as it would be safer and keep it off the roads.
Roll on the weekend

Killarney has long battled with the local community groups to maintain one of the longest standing and best rally events this country has to offer.

Clamping down on muppets who arrive in large groups with modified motors who then set to camping beside the venue, setting camp fire in residential areas, creating havoc on the roads and generally making a nuisance of themselves who also have little or no interest in the sporting event is causing major PR & garda liaison issues locally and threatening the future of the event is a good thing.

Killarney & District Motor Club is not & should not be responsible for arranging venues for diffing etc which is not related to the event itself - believe me organising a rally of the scale of Killarney is plenty of work in itself...should they also arrange taxis to the stages for spectators who drink and consider driving?!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 14:06   #25
homer simpson
Closed Account

David, that's just all wrong. The only place that is likely to benefit is mc Donald or kfc. The messers don't buy a program, don't stay in hotels or a b&b they don't go out and don't even buy their drink they bring it with them most of the time.

All they are interested in is diffing. They stay up to all hours then sleep in their cars, usually during the day.

They would not be missed in the slightest revenue wise . Did anyone else see the poster they done up(its too vulgar to put up here). Sayi ng kdmc are xxxx a mans face with an x through it saying wxxker not welcome. And best of all is "protect our good name, keep her sideways see you all on mols gap".

my fear now is they will block a few stages and get them cancelled.

Last edited by homer simpson; 01-05-2012 at 14:09.
01-05-2012, 14:17   #26
De Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_simpson View Post
David, that's just all wrong. The only place that is likely to benefit is mc Donald or kfc. The messers don't buy a program, don't stay in hotels or a b&b they don't go out and don't even buy their drink they bring it with them most of the time.

All they are interested in is diffing. They stay up to all hours then sleep in their cars, usually during the day.

They would not be missed in the slightest revenue wise . Did anyone else see the poster they done up(its too vulgar to put up here). Sayi ng kdmc are xxxx a mans face with an x through it saying wxxker not welcome. And best of all is "protect our good name, keep her sideways see you all on mols gap".

my fear now is they will block a few stages and get them cancelled.
This is exactly the issue...they have NO interest in Motorsport or the preservation of the sport. They also have no measurable idea of the damage they are causing to the good name of clubs like KDMC and the previous goodwill built up over the years with councils, garda, residents etc.

Rallying will pay the ultimate price here while these little scrotes will eventually grow up, move on and become regular members of society once the appeal of modding & diffing on public roads has worn off.

Last edited by De Hipster; 01-05-2012 at 14:20.
01-05-2012, 14:46   #27
davidsr20

I think ye are picking it up wrong , I know hundreds of lads that have b&b and hotel booked but yes they are not boy racers but are car enthusiasts that's my point.
Yes u will get messers but they are just idiots.
My point is us that are big car enthusiasts should not be painted with the same brush.
Thanks from:
01-05-2012, 14:49   #28
De Hipster

Quote:
I think ye are picking it up wrong , I know hundreds of lads that have b&b and hotel booked but yes they are not boy racers but are car enthusiasts that's my point.
My point is us that are big car enthusiasts should not be painted with the same brush.
David, I think you are picking it up wrong...if you are not the stereotypical boy-racer who diffs & donuts @ all hours of the day & night on public roads then the poster is not aimed at you.

Bring your car to the rally, attend the stages, obey the marshalls request & drive like a civilised human being while enjoying the rally & related entertainment & people will plainly see that you are a rally fan and not a threat to the sport.
01-05-2012, 14:52   #29
homer simpson
Closed Account

Quote:
Thats the point of my OP, lol.

This poster / ad is calling for the boy racers to stay away. I've seen lots of discussions about this where people are "up in arms" about it saying exactly what you say, don't paint everyone with the same brush. But again this ad is aimed at boy racers not car enthusiast's.

Joe soap tar's all people involved with rallying with the one brush, by associating differs and the rally crowd as one. The point of the ad is to show Joe Soap that rallying is distancing itself from the differs!
Thanks from:
01-05-2012, 17:17   #30
Carazy

Ok lets just point out the lack of thought that went into this:

It has a photo of a car at a controlled event (notice tyres in the backround). A controlled event just like a rally, the driver is doing nothing wrong in the photo.

It uses the phrase 'boy racer' which is a lazy cop-out wording for the add.

Personally I think the biggest problem associated with the rally is the drunkeness that decends onto the town over the weekend. Every year 30-40 and upwards are arrested for Public Order offences and you can bet your bottom dollar that half of these arrests rally bridgade 'subaru jacket' and any other jacket that they wear to feel part of a team the sit on a ditch and ogle over.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion