Alien Abduction - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-04-2012, 08:40   #16
Tom Cruise
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 121
I lay on the bed one time and it was 2 o clock in the day.
Then i saw a white light and blinked and looked at the time and it was 5 in the evening.Where the hell did the time go?And my ass hurts also and i had to go to the loo.
Could this be a alien abduction and probing event?
People say ahh you fell asleep but how the hell can you do that at 2 in the afternoon.
Tom Cruise is offline  
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 09:05   #17
Daffodil.d
Registered User
 
Daffodil.d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Waterford
Posts: 298
I think it would be small minded of us to believe that we are all and the most intelligent beings out there. However if aliens exist they haven't come here. Think about it, if they have the technology to get here they're a superior race and wouldn't be sneaking into bedrooms doing tests they'd come in guns blazing, or at least be a bit more obvious.
I have had several experiences of sleep paralysis and after watching a documentary about it I am not scared anymore but it is extremely frightening. I think this is what you experienced it's a very real feeling experience. You're not nuts.Years ago I did night shift and slept during the day. One evening i woke and sitting across from me was my brother as a little boy. My brother is not dead or anything so my conclusion is that nights had my head messed up and my brain projected this image in front of me while I was semiawake.
Daffodil.d is offline  
29-04-2012, 13:03   #18
enno99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mob View Post
Perhaps you should look into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
before looking at some of the more ridiculous, less reasonable explanations.
I totally agree with the first part he should explore sleep paralysis

But aren't you just saying if he cant find his answer in that he is just being unreasonable and ridiculous
enno99 is offline  
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 14:58   #19
mr big boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneemos View Post
What do you mean when you say"we dont know what is happening in this world " and "there is mad stuff going on".
There is really strange things happening to people all over the world , high ranking well respected people coming out and saying we are been visited by aliens and have been since the late 40's early 50's. Here are some good videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwBD4nkmTg

This one is very enjoyable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqyNh0k0dtU
mr big boy is offline  
29-04-2012, 16:03   #20
Lefticus Loonaticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Mack

-'John Edward Mack, M.D. (October 4, 1929–September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, and a leading authority on the spiritual or transformational effects of alleged alien abduction experience.'-


John Mac would be the highest ranking public professional to seriously investigate the abduction phenomenon. Its worth taking a look at his work before coming to any conclusions.

He died in 2004 after being hit by a drunk driver.
Lefticus Loonaticus is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 16:08   #21
Torakx
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefticus Loonaticus View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Mack

-'John Edward Mack, M.D. (October 4, 1929–September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, and a leading authority on the spiritual or transformational effects of alleged alien abduction experience.'-


John Mac would be the highest ranking public professional to seriously investigate the abduction phenomenon. Its worth taking a look at his work before coming to any conclusions.

He died in 2004 after being hit by a drunk driver.
Aha! interesting.
If he was thinking more along the lines of aliens communicatign from another plane or dimension as a metaphysical form or maybe through our minds then i might be more likely to agree its possible.
Torakx is offline  
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 16:37   #22
Lefticus Loonaticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torakx View Post
Aha! interesting.
If he was thinking more along the lines of aliens communicatign from another plane or dimension as a metaphysical form or maybe through our minds then i might be more likely to agree its possible.
Yeah, that could be part of the truth. That the whole 'alien' thing is really just a dimensional thing that we cant explain yet. Perhaps the alien hypothesis is really just an additional cover story over what the baffleing truth may actually be?

I think John Mack did come to the conclusion that these people were actually telling the truth, but he failed to come to any solid hypothesis.
Lefticus Loonaticus is offline  
29-04-2012, 18:19   #23
Ninjamonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52
Interesting.

I dont think you are crazy or a nut job at all. The whole process of first contact with another species is very complex. This is not about "coming in guns blazing" , in fact the whole reason they come at night may not be at all sinister. it may simpy be, that our minds are wired not to accept their existence, during out waking hours. It is quite possible, if they attempted to contact us during our waking hours, we would not even see them, as our minds would not know how to process the information, and this would simply not allow us to become aware of the contact attempt being made.

It comes down to a matter of how we perceive reality, and what exactly reality actually is. When we are sleeping, our minds are open to other possibilities, and the sub consious is available. What we may be experiencing could be first contact, it is ongoing all over the world. Once we become accustomed to the idea of extradimensional/terrestrial visitors, this will become much easier, and a more open form of contact can begin.
Ninjamonkey is offline  
29-04-2012, 18:47   #24
King Mob
Registered User
 
King Mob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by enno99 View Post
I totally agree with the first part he should explore sleep paralysis

But aren't you just saying if he cant find his answer in that he is just being unreasonable and ridiculous
No, I'm saying that explanations that rely on magical creatures or aliens or things to that effect are unreasonable and ridiculous.
Doubly so when there is a much more plausible, supported and mundane explanation that fits the bill.
King Mob is offline  
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 19:25   #25
Ninjamonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mob View Post
No, I'm saying that explanations that rely on magical creatures or aliens or things to that effect are unreasonable and ridiculous.
Doubly so when there is a much more plausible, supported and mundane explanation that fits the bill.
Though in principle I agree with the Occams Razor philosophy, "The simplest explanation is usually the correct one"

I fail to see how the possibility of aliens, is unreasonable and ridiculous. I am sure it was once unreasonable, and ridiculous to believe anything other than the Earth was flat, and you would fall off the edge if you sailed too far.

The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery, and though I uphold your viewpoint, which of course you are entitled to , I would disagree with the basic assertion made.

There are 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone.There are an estimated 125 billion galaxies in the universe. In fact modern science now believes that life should be everywhere in the galaxy. Humanity is such a young race with so much to learn, it simply has not noticed it yet.

So I would propose that to accept anything other than the existence of extraterrestrial or extradimensional beings would infact be unreasonable and ridiculous.

Last edited by Ninjamonkey; 30-04-2012 at 22:37.
Ninjamonkey is offline  
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 19:44   #26
King Mob
Registered User
 
King Mob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamonkey View Post
Though in principle I agree with the Occams Razor philosophy, "The simplest explanation is usually the correct one"

I fail to see how the possibility of aliens, is unreasonable and rediculous. I am sure it was once unreasonable, and rediculous to believe anything other than the Earth was flat, and you would fall off the edge if you sailed too far.
They are ridiculous and unreasonable because there is no evidence to support the existence of them and the explanations require to make random and vast assumptions which amount to magic.

It would be no different to asserting or taking seriously the ideas that it was fairies or a magical banana orbiting Mars. The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery after all.
King Mob is offline  
29-04-2012, 19:54   #27
Ninjamonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mob View Post
They are ridiculous and unreasonable because there is no evidence to support the existence of them and the explanations require to make random and vast assumptions which amount to magic.

It would be no different to asserting or taking seriously the ideas that it was fairies or a magical banana orbiting Mars. The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery after all.

I would also propose there is no evidence to support the non-existence of Extradimensional/Extraterrestrial entities.

It would also be true to say there is no evidence, other than the word of mouth passed down through the centuries to support the existence of God, however most humans recognise a deity of some form.

However the various probes sent to mars, allow us to state with reasonable certainty that there is no magical banana orbiting the planet.
Ninjamonkey is offline  
29-04-2012, 20:41   #28
King Mob
Registered User
 
King Mob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamonkey View Post
I would also propose there is no evidence to support the non-existence of Extradimensional/Extraterrestrial entities.

It would also be true to say there is no evidence, other than the word of mouth passed down through the centuries to support the existence of God, however most humans recognise a deity of some form.

However the various probes sent to mars, allow us to state with reasonable certainty that there is no magical banana orbiting the planet.
But there's no evidence to support the non-existence of fairies or magic bananas either. And there's plenty of people who believe in fairies.

And of course none of the probes sent to mars detected the banana, because first the probes haven't searched each and every square inch of the planet's orbit and second the banana is obviously invisible.

Your arguments are plainly no good at making the proposed position any less unreasonable or ridiculous and all of then are based on very poor logic and reasoning.

The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim, so if you wish to invoke aliens (or whichever fanciful creatures) you are the one who has to provide evidence for their existence.
Also you cannot rely on people's unsupported beliefs as they are indistinguishable from fiction and are most often wrong.
And finally, even if you could back up your statement that the space surrounding Mars has been searched so thoroughly we can exclude the existence of certain things, you would not accept the reverse, that we can say with reasonable certainty that aliens don't exist.
Your argument relies on the fact that can't say this with 100% confidence.

So unless you can explain why aliens and ghosts are any less unreasonable or ridiculous than fairies and magical bananas, I'm going to stick by my statements.
King Mob is offline  
29-04-2012, 21:11   #29
Ninjamonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mob View Post

So unless you can explain why aliens and ghosts are any less unreasonable or ridiculous than fairies and magical bananas, I'm going to stick by my statements.
Your point is well made, and taken. However, I have not read any reports of pilots, police officers, air traffic controllers, and military officers reporting fairies, or magical bananas. I have however read many reports from the same professionals reporting unidentified objects, some of which have been many times larger than a Boeng 747, and exhibiting flight characteristics that are not possible by todays technology.

Many of these reports have been witnessed by multiple witnesses. there are some recorded cases where hundreds, or thousands of people have witnessed unusual aerial phenomenon.

There is healthy skepticism, and then unfortunately, there are debunkers. Who simply refuse to accept any possibility of anything that forces them to go outside of their paradigm, and to think outside of their finely tuned little box in which they fit and categorise everything so comfortably.

For example, for many years, the excuse of, " well, if these objects existed, why has noone ever captured them on camera ?" was given. In these days where hundreds or thousands of hours of video footage is readily available, and where witness testimony is given by very credible witnesses, its ignored, and discounted as being fake, or lies.

If one were to apply Occams Razor to the situation, is it likely that millions of people from all walks of life, including all the credible professionals listed above, from many different countries, and military organisations across the world who have reported incidents with extraterrestrial craft, including many over nuclear missile silo's or bases which housed nuclear missiles, are insane, liars, or hallucinating, and that none their accounts, not one of them is real ..

Or is something quite strange happening, and are these people telling the truth.

The simplest explanation, is usually the right one.
Ninjamonkey is offline  
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 21:35   #30
King Mob
Registered User
 
King Mob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamonkey View Post
Your point is well made, and taken. However, I have not read any reports of pilots, police officers, air traffic controllers, and military officers reporting fairies, or magical bananas. I have however read many reports from the same professionals reporting unidentified objects, some of which have been many times larger than a Boeng 747, and exhibiting flight characteristics that are not possible by todays technology.

Many of these reports have been witnessed by multiple witnesses. there are some recorded cases where hundreds, or thousands of people have witnessed unusual aerial phenomenon.
So assuming this is the case, and ignoring the vast overstatements and over simplifications you're making, how does this connect to the phenomenon described by the OP?
What other than your assumption that they are connected, relates these two topics?

Quote:
If one were to apply Occams Razor to the situation, is it likely that millions of people from all walks of life, including all the credible professionals listed above, from many different countries, and military organisations across the world who have reported incidents with extraterrestrial craft, including many over nuclear missile silo's or bases which housed nuclear missiles, are insane, liars, or hallucinating, and that none their accounts, not one of them is real ..

Or is something quite strange happening, and are these people telling the truth.

The simplest explanation, is usually the right one.
In the context of Occam's Razor, the "simplest" explanation means the explanation with the least amount of unknowns or requires the least amount of logical leaps or new theories.
If we were to use your interpretation of it, then assuming something works by magic would be the "simplest explanation."

However since we know that people from all walks of life are capable not just of lying, but of misidentifying stuff, misremembering details of stories, exaggerating, being misquoted and quoted out of context, hallucinating, taking drugs or being subject to other effects with alter perception and reading faulty equipment among a thousand other explanations that account for every instance.
Your preferred explanation requires us to assume a great deal.

So yea, the mundane explanation is the more likely one.

Last edited by King Mob; 29-04-2012 at 21:44.
King Mob is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet