Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer chair

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

settings wrote: »
    looks a real nice seat actually, pity there wasn't a few more reviews about the chair and not the packaging.
    I was gonna go and order this but i'll wait for your review miss Eliza Tinsley Caesar!:D

arrived today after shipping on the 26th, took about 30 minutes to put together on my own.
    it's pretty awesome. really really comfortable. it's also ****ing *huge*. if I stand away from my desk and look at it my desk looks kinda tiny in comparison. i'm around 5foot10 and the headrest is kinda perfect for me, it'd work well ifyou were a little smaller or a little taller

it can lock the back straight, but can't lock into a leaning position. the leaning is a tiny bit stiff, but im sure that'll work itself out over time.

it looks really cool. only time will tell if it stands up to extended periods of use, but i'd imagine it will. I already find myself sitting up in a better position to type at the computer and if I sit back and rest my head on the rest I could see myself napping or enjoying a movie.
    all in all great chair. it's up to you whether or not it's worth 200 euro (think it came to 212 all in all) but I'm happy with my purchase.

my one concern is that the arm rests are in such a position that having a quick **** might be kind of awkward

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kirby wrote: »
    I've been using one of these for about 5 years.

It's not a computer chair per se and its big so takes up alot of room.......but my theory is that If I'm going to be spending 4 or 5 hours a day sitting on something, I want to be comfortable.

Plus the massage function is godlike. Don't get that from your Ikea chairs! :p

Expensive I assume? Available in Ireland? I'm with you on wanting more than your usual office chair job.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Good stuff Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, that chair you got sounds good. I actually got a new table and chair last week. I went for the topstar in the end although I was close to getting the one you mentioned (this was before you had the review up). The main reason I went topstar was so I could actually get some work done on it and not just sit there basking in the luxury of it!;)
    The topstar is actually a brilliant chair, really delighted I got it. It looks ugly in the pictures especially the mesh but when I opened it actually looks real good. The chair cushion looks fat on amazon too but it looks normal in person. It is very well made and very heavy if you try to lift it -but lucky enough the wheels work perfectly :D
    The mesh is the perfect shape to keep you sitting upright and everything can be adjusted as normal.
    All in all delighted I got it, very solid and comfortable and its still got the respect that I get up off it when I need to fart

Advertisement