How can I receive Soarsat and 28.2 east with one Dish - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2012, 14:43   #76
Apogee

There's a strong possibility they're all being knocked out by the same factory in Taiwan or China.

The Jonsa looks a lot like the Maximum, which is turn looks a lot like the SatConn.

http://www.eubnet.de/jonsa-maximum-e...ish-p-554.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...8#post67044038
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 15:13   #77
zg3409

Quote:
The ... picture is of a Triax TD78 dish in Cork, Ireland with a standard Universal LNB positioned for Astra 28E (BBC ITV CH4 Etc.) and an Inverto Ka band LNB positioned for RTE/Saorsat reception. Both are mounted on a modified Triax LNB Multiholder. Both LNBs are connected to a 2-way Technomate DiSEqC switch which feeds a FTA HD Satellite Receiver so RTE, BBC etc all on the one box ! NB.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Inverto-White...item2c62cd8bed

Based on my maths, the signal to for Astra 28E will not be strong enough?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DualFeed.jpg (42.1 KB, 1207 views)
17-02-2012, 15:23   #78
zg3409

The same guy has a listing for a TV with a satellite tuner built in:

Quote:
Walker Technology Products Ltd., was founded in July 2005 to supply a range of televisions especially designed for the Irish market. The two directors who set the business up were previously senior executives with Mitsubishi Electric involved in the sales and marketing of the very successful market leading range of Black Diamond televisions. The Walker branded range of LCD televisions are sourced from the same factory that manufactured for Mitsubishi Electric and other major Japanese brands for distribution in Europe.
Therefore insuring that Walker LCD's offer the latest features, excellent quality and terrific value for money.

ALL IRELAND FREE SHIPPING BY COURIER

This is NOT an MPEG4 Saorview compatible TV and requires connection to a dish for satellite function.

WHEN CONNECTED TO A SATELLITE DISH THIS SET CAN RECEIVE FTA SATELLITE CHANNELS IN STANDARD AND HIGH DEFINITION EG BBC HD, ITV HD, CHANNEL 4, FILM4 ETC

It is ALSO ideal for connection to UPC, X-Box, Playstation, Blu-Ray, DVD, HDMI, SKY Receivers and Analogue TV.

WP32SAT-HD
HD READY
2 x HDMI
INTEGRATED SATELLITE RECEIVER

SCART CONNECTION
PIANO BLACK FINISH
VESA WALL MOUNTABLE
1000 PAGE TEXT
PC VGA INPUT
HEADPHONE SOCKET
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=190593256937

I have asked him does it include DiSEqC. If so this might be a good "bedroom" solution for Saorsat/FreeSat ish setup.
17-02-2012, 23:47   #79
zg3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Triax are doing a trade show shortly and one of the items listed for viewing is a TD 78 Dish with KA and KU band on a twin feed
Did the trade show happen? Was the KA LNB mounted in the centre, or half each side? Was the adapter bracket modified or drilled?

Was it the same as the Cork photo?
17-02-2012, 23:59   #80
ISAA

triax show

Follow the KD electronics link : http://www.isaa.tv

Last edited by ISAA; 18-02-2012 at 00:01.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 00:27   #81
zg3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAA View Post
Follow the KD electronics link : http://www.isaa.tv
I knew nagging would work

So 29th of Feb it is.

http://www.isaa.tv/?page_id=1210
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TriaxSaorsat.jpg (100.8 KB, 2083 views)
(6) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 02:36   #82
PressTheButton

First ‘Saorview’ approved HD Combi receiver to be unveiled - Triax TSC114

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg3409 View Post
Looks like it will be unveiled on Wednesday 29th February - first ‘Saorview’ approved HD Combi receiver: Triax TSC114 (bottom right of official flyer).
Thanks from:
18-02-2012, 14:33   #83
liamtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressTheButton View Post
Looks like it will be unveiled on Wednesday 29th February - first ‘Saorview’ approved HD Combi receiver: Triax TSC114 (bottom right of official flyer).
Very Important news at this stage - first confirmed Combi for Satellite and saorview, and first Saorsat system - Obviously we need more information such as a specification flyer -
19-02-2012, 01:23   #84
ISAA

New video of saorsat setup, with dual feed on ISAATV channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/isaatv?o...e=results_main
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 14:26   #85
Digital Satellite TV

Combining Saorsat & Freesat Channels

For anyone who's thinking of it, here's a step by step vid for combining saorsat and freesat channels using a 2x1 diseqc switch

27-02-2012, 19:03   #86
zg3409

Triax have unveiled the new Saorsat (sat only) box.
This is the one with the blue display shown on the front. I didn't play with it. I don't know if it really was even connected to a Saorsat dish or not with DiSEqc. It had a hard drive attached. There was no model number on the unit. They won't be available for 4 week or more.

I saw the TD78 with dual feed. Basically it's a standard 80cm dish with the normal triax multi LNB bracket attached. The unit on show was indoors and had no cables attached.

It appears as if they seem to think a 60cm prime focus dish will work for Saorsat alone, while an 80cm is needed for both with each LNB offset to the same amount each side. Although we should wait until RTENL announce this.

They seem to be using a triax branded KA 20GHz LNB,
More details here:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...7&postcount=42

Last edited by zg3409; 28-02-2012 at 13:06. Reason: typo
28-02-2012, 12:18   #87
Kristopherus

Does this new box have full EPG for DTT & Sat channels?
28-02-2012, 13:13   #88
zg3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
Does this new box have full EPG for DTT & Sat channels?
This thread is about Saorsat not DTT
This is a question about a combi box. The thread for the combi is here:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056557642
Quick answer no.
11-03-2012, 13:20   #89
zg3409

Finally RTENL have released more info. The main discussion is on the Saorsat sticky.

Regarding single dish feed this is the size recommendations:

Dark green 80cm at prime focus, light green 100cm at focus.

Regarding dual feed this is the design recommended by RTENL

Quote:
For a reliable SAORSAT service, because of its frequency and the different locations of satellites, the SAORSAT Ka LNBF must always be directly on the end of the support arm and pointed directly towards the centre of the dish. LNBF’s for other services such and ASTRA / UK Free-To-Air can be offset to the left and slightly elevated, as shown above. With this arrangement services from both satellites can be reliably received.
If the SAORSAT LNBF is offset away from the centre of the dish (to the right and lower down) the services will not be reliable
Based on this info

I can't see how the 28.2 LNB will get enough signal. Something does not add up
In my opinion it would be best to offest the Saorsat LNB a little bit, in order for the 28.2 LNB to see the equivalent of a 60cm dish.

I would recommend using an 80cm dish and mounting the Saorsat LNB off by 5 degrees, and mounting the 28.2 off by 15 degrees.

The dish shown in the photo looks to be the Inverto 80cm dish (as supplied by onwave) with a special offset arm, which is not yet publically available. It seems to use a washing machine hoseclip type holder for the second LNB

I would not recommend Inverto/Onwave dish as it seems as if the 28.2 LNB will not get enough signal, and it does not appear to have the ability to offset both LNB's

The triax TD78 with dual mount seems to be a better solution although for safety an 88/90cm dish would be a safer bet. Alternatively the multifocus dish although it will probably work out more expensive.

For the extreme South West/North Donegal an even larger dish may be needed.

By the way the Triax unique dish is no longer manufactured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RTENL.jpg (15.9 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg DualRTENL.jpg (76.2 KB, 697 views)
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 19:36   #90
Apogee

Quote:
Finally RTENL have released more info. The main discussion is on the Saorsat sticky.

Dark green 80cm at prime focus, light green 100cm at focus.
Hard to know what they are basing their size recommendations on, unless they are planning a further drop in signal power or change to FEC? I was testing well within the 100cm zone, and an 80cm dish provides more than enough rain reserve.

Quote:
In my opinion it would be best to offest the Saorsat LNB a little bit, in order for the 28.2 LNB to see the equivalent of a 60cm dish.

I would recommend using an 80cm dish and mounting the Saorsat LNB off by 5 degrees, and mounting the 28.2 off by 15 degrees.
That would be my feeling too. Putting the Astra LNBF 19 degrees offset doesn't make much sense on an 80cm dish, regardless of whether it's a Ka/Ku or a Ku/Ku setup.

Quote:
I would not recommend Inverto/Onwave dish as it seems as if the 28.2 LNB will not get enough signal, and it does not appear to have the ability to offset both LNB's
The Inverto dish design is quite similar to the Triax. The Triax multibracket may fit the Inverto dish. I will see if I can dig out the Triax bracket at the weekend to see if it will fit the Inverto .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion