How come Atheists are against anti blasphemy laws but are OK with bashing other ..... - Page 9 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 15:06   #121
Sonics2k
Registered User
 
Sonics2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cork.
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Full skellington or something I'm not a archaeologist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Full skellington


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
skellington
Sonics2k is offline  
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 23:29   #122
Bannasidhe
Registered User
 
Bannasidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cork
Posts: 11,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics2k View Post


Bannasidhe is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 01:36   #123
Calibos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bray
Posts: 5,038
Cocksure...to be sure to be sure
Calibos is offline  
05-03-2012, 01:36   #124
Sarky
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 21,971
Hmm, I am pretty certain about my own penis...
Sarky is offline  
06-03-2012, 23:32   #125
Galvasean
Registered User
 
Galvasean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Creek
Posts: 33,213
Send a message via MSN to Galvasean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
I've still a few questions like why cant fish do mathematics
Galvasean is offline  
Advertisement
06-03-2012, 23:36   #126
CiaranMT
Registered User
 
CiaranMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Climbing up the walls
Posts: 3,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Full skellington or something I'm not a archaeologist.
Clearly.
CiaranMT is offline  
07-03-2012, 00:02   #127
RichieC
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,236
RichieC is offline  
07-03-2012, 21:51   #128
Galvasean
Registered User
 
Galvasean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Creek
Posts: 33,213
Send a message via MSN to Galvasean
FWIW, when dealing with fossils it's usually palaeontology, not archaeology.
Galvasean is offline  
08-03-2012, 10:50   #129
Oranage2
Registered User
 
Oranage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: White House
Posts: 7,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
FWIW, when dealing with fossils it's usually palaeontology, not archaeology.
Either way they should get a real job.



Anyway and since I've been goaded into a response.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
We'll make him change!

Can I just get some clarity that this cartoon hammer isnt a threat on my well being?

I get jokes and I take it that Galvasean is using the metaphorical Maslow's 'golden hammer' meaning that he will try a different tactic to change my opinion instead of the one size fits all approach.

But just to be sure as we know you cant take internet threats too lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieC View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
I see Mr. Ritchie that you're still not accepting that you were trolling the other thread. Well I will accept an apology if you're not man enough to admit your wrong doing. Or maybe atleast be more tolerant to the people that dont believe in things on anecdotal evidence.




Alas, the thing about the fish and math, it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?
Oranage2 is offline  
Advertisement
08-03-2012, 11:02   #130
robindch
Moderator
 
robindch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?
If you want to discuss evolution, there are two threads going in A+A:

This one if you're not interested in learning anything, and this one if you are.
robindch is offline  
(3) thanks from:
08-03-2012, 11:03   #131
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator
 
Doctor DooM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mostly AFK.
Posts: 31,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post

Alas, the thing about the fish and math, it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?
I wish I wasn't an atheist so I could go "Dear God" right now and mean it.


Just in case this isn't a Godwin: Human foetus' have vestigial gills: wings are pentadactyl limbs, like our hands. So we do actually have them.
Doctor DooM is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2012, 11:05   #132
Northclare
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 723
You made a good point there Orange about evolution.

I'm sure fish have their own version of mathematics, ffs a plant has more common sense than some people LOL

The human feteus goes through every stage of evolution in the womb but it causes heated discussion when peoples say Atheists develop more of a reptilian brain than spiritual people

Last edited by Northclare; 08-03-2012 at 11:12.
Northclare is offline  
Thanks from:
08-03-2012, 11:06   #133
Galvasean
Registered User
 
Galvasean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Creek
Posts: 33,213
Send a message via MSN to Galvasean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Either way they should get a real job.
Curious. Would you consider a priest as having a real job?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Can I just get some clarity that this cartoon hammer isnt a threat on my well being?

I get jokes and I take it that Galvasean is using the metaphorical Maslow's 'golden hammer' meaning that he will try a different tactic to change my opinion instead of the one size fits all approach.
Not quite as intellectual an approach as the 'golden hammer', but rather more along the lines of, "We must continue to hammer the point home!"
Galvasean is offline  
Thanks from:
08-03-2012, 11:11   #134
Galvasean
Registered User
 
Galvasean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Creek
Posts: 33,213
Send a message via MSN to Galvasean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
Either way they should get a real job.
Actually, I must comment on this statement again.
Just who are you to make snide comments about archaeologists and palaeontologists no having real jobs when you have demonstrated yourself to not have the slightest clue as to what it is they actually do?
Galvasean is offline  
08-03-2012, 11:13   #135
Northclare
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 723
Oh here we go LOL
Northclare is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet