Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

defending against 'skilled MMA assailants'

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An Rí Rua, please don't report posts without good reason.

Also, admitting to giving false evidence to the guards and then committing pre-meditated assault probably isn't the smartest thing.

Go on outta that, ya big lunatic :)

Thanks for the advice regarding pre-meditated assault. At least you seem to believe me. Which is decent because I don't lie. Being a vigilante, I don't wait for people to attack me before I act (that's selfish IMO but also the remit of self-defence which is fair enough), I stop thugs intimidating others when I can. Being called a liar twice by another Boardsie is my FIRST on Boards and then having a Mod tell me that reporting it was without good reason.

If that's how things are conducted here, I'll leave you to it. But I find it unsavoury to say the least. Just because I'm new to this forum does not mean I have less knowledge than any of you. Just because my methods and past events are unorthodox does not make me a liar. Shame on some of your responses. You are not entitled to insult other Boardsies. Your world view is not reality. You think MMA will save you in a street fight? Not against an armed vigilante mind.

Over and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Go on outta that, ya big lunatic :)
    I am telling you not to abuse the reporting system. You described a highly unlikely situation and another poster called you on it. That does not constitute abuse, grow a thicker skin.

If you do it again, then you will get an infraction or possibly a banning.

I am telling you not to abuse the reporting system. You described a highly unlikely situation and another poster called you on it. That does not constitute abuse, grow a thicker skin.

If you do it again, then you will get an infraction or possibly a banning.

I will develop a thicker skin. But nobody called me out on anything and I would appreciate it if you immediately stopped alluding that I'm a liar. What need do I have to invent stories? Although a large number here are suffering Bruce Lee delusions. Winning is winning. I am clear on that; some of you are so dependent on the crutch of MMA that you are not.

By the way, I'm a long-time reader of this forum and admire many of your posts. I am an honest and deadly ideological person. Everything I have said here happened. Do me that courtesy grasshoppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Being a vigilante, I don't wait for people to attack me before I act (that's selfish IMO but also the remit of self-defence which is fair enough), I stop thugs intimidating others when I can.
    Your world view is not reality. You think MMA will save you in a street fight? Not against an armed vigilante mind.

Over and out.

Your confessing to being an armed vigilante who goes around saving the world, and we're the people around here not living in the real world?... How does that play out Mr.Bronson?.

Your confessing to being an armed vigilante who goes around saving the world, and we're the people around here not living in the real world?... How does that play out Mr.Bronson?.

I don't think you're being balanced at all. Nowhere did I say that I go around saving the world. I did say and I do stand over the fact that I step in on occasion to help others where they are in trouble. I am born & bred Republican, I do not carry illegal weapons on the street. However I do have one or two items which are not weapons but if trained properly are lethal in effect. I'm not going to defend myself here among some people who seem more obsessed with muscle-flexing like gay Marys in the gym, obsessed with form, not result. I have a strong interest in self-defence. MMA has a part to play: but here it might as well be World of Warcraft as it is YOU who is living in fantasy-land, talking about MAs as separate from the human condition. Either you simply defend yourselves here or are some of you are saying that you ignore the plight of weaker citizens? I'm confused and embarrassed to be in your company if that's the case.

Bronson? No. I'm an upright citizen with no criminal record who believes AND ACTS on right and wrong. How does that play out? Very well in my 20's and 30's. Probably decreasing LUCK as I age. I prefer to take my chances than recall afterwards that I was too chicken to help strangers like you and others are clearly opting for here. I sleep well at night knowing I did what I could. You probably do too, after all that training ...

Flex your muscles in the mirror, thicken your skin, but that's not the mark of strong men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

do you have a cape and wear your underpants outside your trousers?

An Rí Rua, please don't report posts without good reason.

Also, admitting to giving false evidence to the guards and then committing pre-meditated assault probably isn't the smartest thing.

According to your world view. If its gets a result, and I win, then I have manipulated the environment to my advantage. Is it unethical? yes. Is it illegal? yes. Was it immoral? NO. That guy in question had intimidated 2 female staff and customers (me included) in a chippers for 20 minutes. I assessed him and dealt with him. You can call me out all you want; if even one reader here takes the lesson that the thinking brain is the ultimate weapon, they will have learnt the lesson of true street-fighting and WINNING. A tenet lost on some of you for some sad reason.

There is right & wrong. That is all there is. There is only law if you are caught under its gaze. Seeing as I controlled it (it could have backfired badly), I won.

do you have a cape and wear your underpants outside your trousers?

Commando of course ;) Without the cape. Like the Spartans. Believe me, you'd run too. Worse than the drag story earlier

An Rí Rua, so far you have endorsed illegal activities, and have also made what I consider to be homophobic comment. This is against boards policy and the MA forum charter. You are on very thin ice.

If you want to discuss this further with me, do so via PM only.

An Rí Rua, so far you have endorsed illegal activities, and have also made what I consider to be homophobic comment. This is against boards policy and the MA forum charter. You are on very thin ice.

If you want to discuss this further with me, do so via PM only.

thank you Mod, I will PM you of course. i would like to get to the bottom of this. Jokes about mental health are to be entertained but jokes about over-zealous gym freaks using a common term are not? Interesting charter. I will investigate further. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss frankly with you privately.

• Advertisement

thank you Mod, I will PM you of course. i would like to get to the bottom of this. Jokes about mental health are to be entertained but jokes about over-zealous gym freaks using a common term are not? Interesting charter. I will investigate further. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss frankly with you privately.
    This is not a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

An Ri rua wrote:
    Vigilante nonsense

Internet-Don_t_worry_Tron.jpg

I think we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement