Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-02-2012, 00:33   #1
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
my lent fitness

tomorrow is pancake Tuesday and after that Lent begins!
so im giving up chocolate,sweets, biccies, crisps the whole shebang and taking up proper exercixe at least 3 times a week!

so ill report how im doing here! just to keep myself motivated really!

bluejeans_01 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:18   #2
kryogen
Registered User
 
kryogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waterford
Posts: 22,628
Wrong forum there buddy
kryogen is online now  
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:29   #3
Wild_Dogger
Registered User
 
Wild_Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,029
Yeah , Im going to do the same .

Has been 6 months with little or no activity.....
Handful of pancakes and thats it.... wallop !

How you going to ease yourself in to a routine bluejean ?
Wild_Dogger is offline  
21-02-2012, 08:55   #4
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
no technique really which i know is probably bad but im just going straight in!
well with cutting out the rubbish stuff anyway!

excercise will probably need to be less drastic!

gona try start with a run 3 times a week and see how that goes!

try build it up if i can survive that! add in circuits and whatever!

Last edited by bluejeans_01; 21-02-2012 at 08:57.
bluejeans_01 is offline  
21-02-2012, 08:56   #5
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
Wrong forum there buddy

sorry didnt realise lad! not sure how i even ended up here or how to change that!
bluejeans_01 is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 09:32   #6
Zamboni
Registered User
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans_01 View Post
sorry didnt realise lad! not sure how i even ended up here or how to change that!

You could try this forum...They love all that self penitent stuff.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333
Zamboni is offline  
21-02-2012, 09:47   #7
marathonic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,475
If pancake Tuesday is enough of a reason for you to over-indulge, you'll probably find it very difficult to maintain a high level of motivation for 46 days.

Also, if given a choice between cutting out 50% of the crap for good or cutting out all of it for lent, you'd be much better served going for the first option. Just a few things to ponder!!!

You should look into classes in whatever area you're in. There's a lot of bootcamp classes starting up now that the evenings/mornings are getting brighter. There are also kettlebell/spin bike classes amongst various other things.

As an example, there are kettlebell classes on a Monday night near me as well as Bootcamp classes (mostly on the nearby beaches) held 3 mornings per week and a couple of evenings per week. Each of these cost 6 euro in my area and should make the motivation a little easier.
marathonic is offline  
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 11:09   #8
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!
 
Gummy Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Underneath the Willow tree
Posts: 19,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonic View Post

Also, if given a choice between cutting out 50% of the crap for good or cutting out all of it for lent, you'd be much better served going for the first option. Just a few things to ponder!!!
This is a very good point. Being overly rigid for 46 days is going to lead to falling off the diet and a binge. 80/20 rule is always good. Basically if your diet is correct 80% of the time, the other 20% shouldn't matter too much.
Gummy Panda is offline  
21-02-2012, 11:59   #9
arse..biscuits
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy Panda View Post
This is a very good point. Being overly rigid for 46 days is going to lead to falling off the diet and a binge. 80/20 rule is always good. Basically if your diet is correct 80% of the time, the other 20% shouldn't matter too much.
I'd say 95/5 is better
arse..biscuits is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 12:11   #10
Burkatron
Registered User
 
Burkatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse..biscuits View Post
I'd say 95/5 is better
Is that what you stick to? Well done if it is because most people won't/can't stick to that as they'd go stir crazy!
Burkatron is offline  
21-02-2012, 12:20   #11
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy Panda View Post
This is a very good point. Being overly rigid for 46 days is going to lead to falling off the diet and a binge. 80/20 rule is always good. Basically if your diet is correct 80% of the time, the other 20% shouldn't matter too much.
This is excellent advice! its just i am a huge chocolate fan and right now limiting myself to just a little, simply isn't working! so i figure 'all or nothing' for 46 days will get me started and hopefully after i will have a healthier attitude to chocolate and eat in moderation! the whole cut out 100% is just the starting point so i can see where to go from there! to get fit and healthy for the summer! i am very determined right now! I don't know how long that will last so thats why I'm doing this thread! if i have someone/thing to report to i will feel i have to keep it up! and i shall be honest about how im doing!
bluejeans_01 is offline  
21-02-2012, 12:21   #12
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
You could try this forum...They love all that self penitent stuff.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333
Thanks for the tip! But from my point of view this is more about Fitness and Health then self-penitence.
bluejeans_01 is offline  
21-02-2012, 12:24   #13
bluejeans_01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonic View Post
If pancake Tuesday is enough of a reason for you to over-indulge, you'll probably find it very difficult to maintain a high level of motivation for 46 days.

Also, if given a choice between cutting out 50% of the crap for good or cutting out all of it for lent, you'd be much better served going for the first option. Just a few things to ponder!!!
yeah i know, your right, this is going to be very hard but I'm optimistic that i can al least try do my best!

also; very good idea about the classes! i must look into that!
bluejeans_01 is offline  
21-02-2012, 15:52   #14
AntiVirus
Registered User
 
AntiVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans_01 View Post
yeah i know, your right, this is going to be very hard but I'm optimistic that i can al least try do my best!

also; very good idea about the classes! i must look into that!
It will be very easy if you just don't buy them. you can't eat them if there not there. What will be very hard is not to substitute them for something else.
AntiVirus is offline  
21-02-2012, 16:32   #15
arse..biscuits
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkatron View Post
Is that what you stick to? Well done if it is because most people won't/can't stick to that as they'd go stir crazy!
Well if you say 80/20 and your cheat meal is a take away, and you have five meals a day, then thats a take away every day. ( I do eat 5 meals a day, or more)

I would have one nasty meal a week which is more like 95/5
arse..biscuits is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet