Features I never knew my car has - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-02-2012, 23:42   #76
ShamoBuc

I had a 99 Peugeot 106 for about 3 years. Only in the last few months did I realise it had a CD player! Never knew it was there. You had to press a button and the front of the radio flipped down and voila!
Advertisement
19-02-2012, 00:17   #77
_Kaiser_

Well I discovered today that the 4 holes to the left side of the centre console (where a car kit/phone holder had previously been installed but removed before I bought the car 4 years ago), exactly fits the bracket/screws for the new cradle I bought for my Galaxy S2 that someone linked to on another thread here last week
Thanks from:
19-02-2012, 00:50   #78
-Corkie-
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser2000 View Post
Well I discovered today that the 4 holes to the left side of the centre console (where a car kit/phone holder had previously been installed but removed before I bought the car 4 years ago), exactly fits the bracket/screws for the new cradle I bought for my Galaxy S2 that someone linked to on another thread here last week
Something you can relate to but I found out that my Passat actually has a CR engine and not a PD. I only found out when i priced a timing belt kit. It must have been one of the first ones...
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2012, 00:58   #79
dan hibiki

i found out when i bought my first car, a 98 brava, that fiat make their their car keys out of baco-foil.

4 f:mad:cking keys i went through.
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2012, 00:59   #80
eth0
Banned

Front fog lights, possibly rear ones as well. Only really noticed them today because I was wondering why foglight threads are banned in here. They are low down and not very prominent so I never really took any notice.

Don't know how to switch them on though.. and I'm not too pushed. Maybe they're fake

This fella I used to know told me about someone at his work back in the day driving the new model of his previous car for a few weeks not realising it had another gear

Last edited by eth0; 19-02-2012 at 01:02.
Advertisement
19-02-2012, 02:54   #81
brownacid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI View Post
Yeah, I hear you have to replace the cat in those every so often.

Best pun ever!
19-02-2012, 18:48   #82
lau1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by racso1975 View Post
Yup discovered if you keep the open button pressed on the fob all the windows open and close if u keep the closed button pressed
this is true for some cars with sun roof too.. mercedes in particular is the one i knew of but these days sun roof is becoming a rare sight
19-02-2012, 18:50   #83
colm_mcm
rotaredoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth0 View Post
Front fog lights, possibly rear ones as well. Only really noticed them today because I was wondering why foglight threads are banned in here. They are low down and not very prominent so I never really took any notice.

Don't know how to switch them on though.. and I'm not too pushed. Maybe they're fake

This fella I used to know told me about someone at his work back in the day driving the new model of his previous car for a few weeks not realising it had another gear
What car do you have?
19-02-2012, 19:08   #84
eth0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
What car do you have?
Fabia estate 1.4 MPI
Advertisement
19-02-2012, 19:14   #85
colm_mcm
rotaredoM

Far as I know, to turn on the front fogs, (with the lights on) pull headlight switch back one click. to put on both rear and front foglights, pull the switch back another click.
Thanks from:
19-02-2012, 22:10   #86
eth0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
Far as I know, to turn on the front fogs, (with the lights on) pull headlight switch back one click. to put on both rear and front foglights, pull the switch back another click.
ah I have it now. didn't know it was possible to pull it back. Its also possible to push it in one click and turn on the parking lights and it stays pushed in. you know what that is for or if it does anything?
19-02-2012, 22:14   #87
pippip

If its the same as Audi the push in is for removing it. Push in and turn to the left and it should pull out.
19-02-2012, 22:22   #88
CJhaughey

E11 Corolla, if you unlock the previously locked car with the remote and don't open a door/boot within 30 seconds it relocks itself.
Thanks from:
19-02-2012, 23:06   #89
Senna

Had a Freelander for 2 years, sold it a few months back and as i was cleaning out my stuff for the new owners i looked under the driver seat and found a 6 disk cd changer.

Also found out that the alarm i have on another car can start the car if it reads the battery level dropping to a low level, a nice feature especially on a car that could sit out side my house for weeks on end.
Thanks from:
19-02-2012, 23:12   #90
dmcar02

My own car, only figured out the radio volume goes up as you speed up. Class

Girlfriends car, Mondeo, you use the washer jets, wipers come on twice, then once again after about 5 secs to completely dry the windscreen. Also it has heated washer jets, brilliant in the winter

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion