Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy coconut oil?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Ok I know I can buy it in Holland & Barrett, I've bought it there previously when it was on a half price offer. I checked in the shop on Grafton Street yesterday and it's back to it's full price - €22. I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for it. They also have a cheaper brand, for €16/17. Again, too dear.

I'm almost sure I bought a jar of it for €5 in a Dunnes somewhere, but any Dunnes I've searched since I haven't been able to find it.

Can anyone suggest shops that sell it for a reasonable price? Do Asian shops stock it? Which ones? Or if Dunnes do sell it, which Dunnes? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

MyProtein do it but, again, it's pretty expensive at €11.99 plut €4.95 delivery. It may be an option if you're planning to order other products from myProtein anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭totoal

Got some in Superquinn (Lucan) yesterday. €5.99.
    Think they have it in dunnes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Frogdog wrote: »
    Ok I know I can buy it in Holland & Barrett, I've bought it there previously when it was on a half price offer. I checked in the shop on Grafton Street yesterday and it's back to it's full price - €22. I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for it. They also have a cheaper brand, for €16/17. Again, too dear.

I'm almost sure I bought a jar of it for €5 in a Dunnes somewhere, but any Dunnes I've searched since I haven't been able to find it.

Can anyone suggest shops that sell it for a reasonable price? Do Asian shops stock it? Which ones? Or if Dunnes do sell it, which Dunnes? Thanks.

Asian shop in Rathmines across from the Rathmines Inn stock it.
    About 6 or 7 blips if IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I got mine in superquinn, extra virgin stuff aswell IIRC and I think someone else said you can get it in Dunnes. The Organic Supermarket I would bet would have some, as would Nourish in town just off grafton st.

yep..

http://www.organicsupermarket.ie/shop/product/biona-raw-virgin-coconut-oil

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Thanks everyone.

For those that said Dunnes, which one? I've tried a few and they don't stock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I know my local supermarket back home has it. I am going home this weekend and intend to stock up if you would like me to pick up a tub for you OP. Think they are about a fiver per tub.

Been using it the last few months and love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

frag420 wrote: »
    I know my local supermarket back home has it. I am going home this weekend and intend to stock up if you would like me to pick up a tub for you OP. Think they are about a fiver per tub.

Been using it the last few months and love it!!

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Bloody hell but €20 for coconut oil is downright obscene.
    Any of the Asian stores in Dublin CC have tubs of it , for in around a fiver.

The Asian stores are brilliant value all round , great place to stock up on rice and other staples.

Dunnes in cornellscourt Dublin always have it, 5.99 I think. Or superquinn blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mack_1111

I saw some in the Fresh store on Camden street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement