Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

12-12-2011, 17:46   #46
johnr1
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelNo5 View Post
Hi there. Apologies if this has been asked before but what sort of age are most of you guys here using online dating sites?

I'm early forties and feel like there is a very small pool to choose from on most of the sites. I've pretty much tried them all and its been a bit of a disaster really.

I'm also pretty unique on these sites, or so it seems to me, in that i have never been married (Was in very long term relationship) and don't have kids so i don't feel i generally have much in common with most of the guys my age and older.

I did get a fair few young lads wanting to show me their lads though!!
Difficult for guys to answer, I don't look at other guys profiles, so I'd have no idea, but the gals seem to be predominately 25-40 ish, with plenty under and over those ages.
I'd say what you're experiencing is possibly the reluctance of many guys over 40 to put up a profile on a site, - different era etc, and women seem to have adapted to webdating better than us.
I'm 37, and none of my mates have EVER mentioned having a profile up on a dating site. Bit of a 'so you can't score anymore- haha' thing about it even still in 2011. I'm personally not bothered, I can and regularly do meet women in real life, just sometimes use this as an add-on. I'd be unusual among my group of friends though.

edit: Welcome to boards btw.
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 22:15   #47
Lost Accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo88 View Post
Just had a guy tell me I was so ugly, I must be great in bed!

Great lil ego boost so twas
I think that might be the straw that broke the camels back

He is a horrible little person who obviously only signed up to make nasty comments to random people. I would have no doubt that you are the only one to recieve such a remark.

Please do not let a sad a**hole like him make you feel insecure or want to give up.

A friend of mine has a saying that I am starting to tell myself and you should too - "I'm a fox and anyone who doesn't think so is a d***head". Seriously - start saying it and believing it and ignore that idiot and his stupid little remarks.
12-12-2011, 23:19   #48
booboo88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSkipper View Post
send him a pic of a microscope first coz that what ya'd need to find such an insecure a-hole's mickey

booboo get back on that camel and dont let some randomer with tiny weener syndrome put you off
thank you, that made me laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Accent View Post
He is a horrible little person who obviously only signed up to make nasty comments to random people. I would have no doubt that you are the only one to recieve such a remark.

Please do not let a sad a**hole like him make you feel insecure or want to give up.

A friend of mine has a saying that I am starting to tell myself and you should too - "I'm a fox and anyone who doesn't think so is a d***head". Seriously - start saying it and believing it and ignore that idiot and his stupid little remarks.
I think its gonna be my new mantra

thanks everyone, that put me on a downer last night but im back up again

As a great man once said (me daddy)
g.l.a.f.y..good luck and f*ck ya(to him of course)
(4) thanks from:
12-12-2011, 23:33   #49
Lost Accent

Quote:
thank you, that made me laugh
I think its gonna be my new mantra

thanks everyone, that put me on a downer last night but im back up again

As a great man once said (me daddy)
g.l.a.f.y..good luck and f*ck ya(to him of course)
Love it! Your Dad is a wise man! However I do believe in Karma and it's going to bite that guy in the a**.
Thanks from:
12-12-2011, 23:40   #50
booboo88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Accent View Post
Love it! Your Dad is a wise man! However I do believe in Karma and it's going to bite that guy in the a**.
yes he is.....oh im counting on karma
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 23:46   #51
Lost Accent

Quote:
yes he is.....oh im counting on karma
No one happy and content with their lot sends such vile comments to strangers. He's unhappy and just trying (and failing) to make others unhappy.

I'm adopting your Dad's saying btw.
Thanks from:
12-12-2011, 23:59   #52
managerman

girl i am chatting to was told she was wasted goods cause she had a kid...
13-12-2011, 07:38   #53
cyrusdvirus
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by managerman View Post
girl i am chatting to was told she was wasted goods cause she had a kid...
probably by someone who is about 2 years old mentally.

I've dated women with kids before.

My girlfriend doesn't have kids, but it wouldn't be a show stopper for me at all.
(2) thanks from:
13-12-2011, 09:15   #54
Dovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelNo5 View Post
I'm early forties and feel like there is a very small pool to choose from on most of the sites. I've pretty much tried them all and its been a bit of a disaster really.

I did get a fair few young lads wanting to show me their lads though!!
Im early 40's as well. Seems most of the men our age have come out of long relationships and want to sow their wild oats again!! Yeah I have a few lads with lads too! Maybe we need to go on the pull together lol
Advertisement
13-12-2011, 09:16   #55
ChannelNo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1 View Post
Difficult for guys to answer, I don't look at other guys profiles, so I'd have no idea, but the gals seem to be predominately 25-40 ish, with plenty under and over those ages.
I'd say what you're experiencing is possibly the reluctance of many guys over 40 to put up a profile on a site, - different era etc, and women seem to have adapted to webdating better than us.
I'm 37, and none of my mates have EVER mentioned having a profile up on a dating site. Bit of a 'so you can't score anymore- haha' thing about it even still in 2011. I'm personally not bothered, I can and regularly do meet women in real life, just sometimes use this as an add-on. I'd be unusual among my group of friends though.

edit: Welcome to boards btw.

Thanks Johnr1 Any suggestions on which site would be the best for a smokin hot fox in her early forties?..
BooBoo88 Don't mind that c*ck. What all the lads on here said basically. Small man syndrome!!
You're all so positive here i might just give it another go. Eleventy seventh time lucky!!
13-12-2011, 09:35   #56
ChannelNo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovies View Post
Im early 40's as well. Seems most of the men our age have come out of long relationships and want to sow their wild oats again!! Yeah I have a few lads with lads too! Maybe we need to go on the pull together lol
Ha yeah maybe you're right! I have no objection to them wanting to sow their wild oats it's just that none of them seem to want to sow them anywhere near me!!

We're obviously smokin hot cougars, mabye we should go on the pull!?
13-12-2011, 10:42   #57
zuroph
mo-duh-rator

Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!
13-12-2011, 10:51   #58
C.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuroph View Post
Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!
I'm just a wee bit jealous! Was on Facebook checking out an old acquaintance (who I seriously have the hots for, but she is taken) at 1AM and lo and behold I get an unsolicited PoF message (a rare enough occurrence indeed) from a girl with the exact same first name. I of course wonder it is some sign or form of cosmic intervention, but alas she sent me picture and I didn't feel the chemistry. What an odd occurrence though.
Thanks from:
13-12-2011, 14:08   #59
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Hm.

grumble grumble grumble grumble @ zuroph's success

Just as I was about to give up on the whole online dating scene, I start talking to a really attractive and great girl. Unfortunately she's likely to be busy over Christmas (holy ****, it's just under 2 weeks away) but hopefully we'll get to meet afterwards.

Something I've noticed that in the rarity of girls making first contact, usually when they do it's just "hey, how are you?" messages.
Thanks from:
13-12-2011, 14:30   #60
ChannelNo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyarsebogman View Post
Hm.

Something I've noticed that in the rarity of girls making first contact, usually when they do it's just "hey, how are you?" messages.

We're just shy and afraid of rejection!
Thread Closed