Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€49 service anyone?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭

To celebrate SEAT as new main title sponsors of Shamrock Rovers for 2012/13, we are offering a special Hoop’s service for only €49. To avail of this amazing offer, simply fill in your details below and we will send you out your exclusive voucher.

http://www.autodynamic.ie/news-offers/spec...ly-%E2%82%AC49/

Hurry offer limited to the first 500 customers!!!

Available on all car makes and models.

Terms and conditions apply:
    • One voucher per customer
    • Limited to first 500 entries
    • Limited time offer
    • Only available at AutoDynamic, Ballymount, Dublin 12
    • No cash alternative
    • Service includes: Oil and filter change; Diagnostic check including report; Full vehicle road test; Re-set service internal display; Vehicle Health Check. Vehicle inspection includes: Steering System; Braking System; Suspension System; Tyres; Lights; Bodywork; Glass; Horn; Windscreen wipers and washers; Mirrors; Safety belts; Doors; Locks and Wheels
    • Available on all car makes and models.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

bah Dublin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

bah Dublin :rolleyes:

I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

Basically it's an oil and filter change. I want to know what kind of oil they are using? Genuine filters ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

mondeo wrote: »
    Basically it's an oil and filter change. I want to know what kind of oil they are using? Genuine filters ?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

mondeo wrote: »

I doubt very much they'd be using genuine filters at that price........

Oil wise I'd imagine a brand name but probably 10/40 semi synth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Its an oil and filter change with a lot of standard checks made to sound fancy. But if its with genuine filters and correct spec oil then definatly a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Hmmm to me an oil + filter change isint a service .
    Cheap oil + filter = €20 .
    Then they'll have a poke around to see can they sting yah for anything else !

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

You mean they'll draw your attention to any defects with your car and while you're there you might have a nosey around the seat car range..... Nothing wrong with that, that's how they make money.

only 2 positive replies..!!
    I wonder how many of the doubters took the time to ask what oil/filter they use?
    No point whinging or moaning on here..Nobody can answer you :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

vectra wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the doubters took the time to ask what oil/filter they use?

This stuff?

Robot_Oil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I wouldn't mind knowing myself, might give a call

For me to cover bases, using genuine spec filter and Millers oil to correct spec on say my own ITR (5-30 Semi)I'd need to charge about €70. As Nissan Doctor says that would include all the standard checks that are made to sound fancy by some garages

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind knowing myself, might give a call

For me to cover bases, using genuine spec filter and Millers oil to correct spec on say my own ITR (5-30 Semi)I'd need to charge about €70. As Nissan Doctor says that would include all the standard checks that are made to sound fancy by some garages

I was going to ring and ask them about doing my car.. As far as I am aware the oil would cost way more than that alaone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I was going to ring and ask them about doing my car.. As far as I am aware the oil would cost way more than that alaone

Mobil 1 5w 30 costs 50 euros for 5 litres. 200l costs 1000 euro which works out at 5 euros per litre. A genuine oil filter is about 7 euros.

According to my figures they cannot be using genuine oil or they are doing the work for nothing..

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt though unless we know otherwise, it is a special offer and I doubt all 500 available services will be taken up :)
    There are lots of cars that don't require expensive oil so they won't be taking a hit on each and every service even when sticking to manufacturers specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Of course its doable.

Some of you are quoting 5w-30. 5w30 is the stuff of cars (and people) who don't need 49 quid services ;-)

And someone else has a problem with 10w40. What's wrong with 10w40? I sold lubes for a few years and, like every consumer product, there's price levels for horses and horses for courses etc. Of course you can run synth, but don't poopooh 10w40, that's just silly.

Quality 10w40 comes cheap in the guise of many brands e.g. Bardahl. Bloody excellent stuff. Ask any good mechanic or anyone who works in an oil lab. Similarly for oil and air filters. You can get good brands for small money on ebay (or anywhere else you like) for less than trade prices here. And yes, good brands. Just do the research.

My primary concern, that I share with all of you, is that you don't know what a garage is doing behind the scenes. My local guy always put in the filter and oil I brought him, while I was there. That's comforting. But the BIGGEST problem with garages, in my mind, is 1. a young apprentice being left to do it, as against an old boy in an independent and 2. sucking out the oil via the inlet instead of letting it out through the sump as the great car engineer in the sky intended it to be done.

I reckon its a great offer. And unlike others here, I do consider oil and all filters a complete mini-service. never mind your checks; at that price. Oil should be changed twice as often as the manufacturer intends, to lengthen engine life. Short journeys = arduous working conditions, which most people do but most stick to standard recommended intervals. Get ...up .... that ...garden....

My car is 200k miles and going strong, thanks to carsurvey.org, frenchcarforum, boards and also HonestJohn. Not least of which is this pearl of aguide for maintaining healthy Xantias http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/citroen/xantia-1993/?section=bad

What have you got to lose? Ring the garage and give them a break. They could simply be tapping into sunk resources such as wasted labour and turning it into a way to get more eyeballs into the showroom. Wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Putting 10w 40 in to a modern diesel car with a DPF will not have good consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Putting 10w 40 in to a modern diesel car with a DPF will not have good consequences.

Who in their right mind would put the wrong oil in a car? You're hardly suggesting they're going to do that or maybe evn put 20w50 in all of them? Cheaper again ?

An Ri rua wrote: »
    ............ You're hardly suggesting they're going to do that .............

That's exactly what folk are suggesting on this thread.
    Again, I'd presume they weren't tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

You mean they'll draw your attention to any defects with your car and while you're there you might have a nosey around the seat car range..... Nothing wrong with that, that's how they make money.

Your right ,
    And I wouldent have a problemWith that . Speaking from experience my sister tookUp one of these offers lately
    They did the oil + oil filter no problem
    But on there inspection they thought her wipers needed changing , maybe they did maybe they dident ?
    She let them fit new blades
    2x wiper blades cost 35€
    And another 40€ to fit them ?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Now lads, calm down and don't be getting the auld auxiliary belts in a tangle.

As members of the wider VW Group franchisees, Seat franchised dealers have access to the current deals on properly specced oil and OE filters. These are currently on offer (as reported on Boards) at prices that compete with the motor-factors. This makes an oil change for my yoke just doable at the advertised price (4.3 ltrs. 505.01 and a paper filter insert with two "O" rings).

I've applied and I'll ask in advance what they intend using - can I prove what they used? No. Will I give them a shot? Yes. What if they break my car? They're dead and I'll post the remains here. Simplez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

a special Hoop’s service

ohhh matron

Absurdum wrote: »
    ohhh matron

Lovely

LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

It's a good deal all round for them I reckon: promotes the partnership with Rovers, promotes their brand and gives them access to 500 potential customers for selling cars and future servicing. It's limited to 500 so they still take in minimum €25k. They aren't gonna use crap oil imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd love to pull up in a CL600 bi-turbo V12. "9 litres please, fill her up".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 TheOldSeaDog

What a load of sh!te. All you get is an Oil and filter change, and probably the cheapest of the cheap too. All the rest of that list is just superfuous "filler". Those things cost nothing. I mean if your suspension is bad you'll know.

I'd steer well clear of this I tell ya.

Anyway is the OPs post a shill? It certainly looks like a blatant shilling to me. Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anyway is the OPs post a shill? It certainly looks like a blatant shilling to me. Mods?

LOL

Thanks for the concern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

My yoke is booked in and it seems from the web-site the offer is closed.

The lad who rang me seemed knowledgeable and assured me it'll be done "by the book". He even gave me detailed directions offa that new M50 thing that ye Dubs have invented, me bein' an auld red-neck an' all. :D

I'll let ye know how I get on. Now I must wash the cow-dung offa the car and take the sheep owa the boot.

original.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Page not found now.

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    Page not found now.

Deal is done I suppose so take the page down?

Advertisement