Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #26 - Einheisserschre

Options
  • 12-11-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Einheisserschre.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

If you would like to take part in this and you're not already on the list, please post here and I'll add you to the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from and how the blazes do you pronounce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Research shows you post a lot on motoring, so what song is most likely to get you done for speeding (and isn't 'Ace of Spades)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2010 or 2011?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Malice wrote: »
    What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from and how the blazes do you pronounce it?

Seeing Lost Highway when I was 11 started it for me. 2 Rammstein songs on the soundtrack and they've been my number 1 band ever since. I found it by going to the drop down menu thing. News and new bands keeps me coming back. When not rocking out, I'm either working on my car or at my job or driving while rocking out. The album with the greatest impact for me would have to be Rammstein's Mutter. My username came from a line in Rammstein's song "Feuer Frei". It's supposed to be EinHeisserSchrei but for some strange reason, there was a limit on the characters and I didn't notice it when registering. Ein Heisser Schrei = a hot cry and for pronunciation, listen to the song :P At the end of each verse he says ein heisser schrei, feuer frei!

viadah wrote: »
    Research shows you post a lot on motoring, so what song is most likely to get you done for speeding (and isn't 'Ace of Spades)?

Slayer - Angel of Death
    Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out in 2010 or 2011?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

Fave album - Rammstein - Liebe ist Fur alle Da or Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist. I cannot stand Cradle of Filth even though I used like them. I frequent Motors/AH/TGC and R&M. 5 people to go drinking with - Till Lindemann, Ian Kilmeister, Noel Pix, Alexander Wesselsky and James Hetfield (lol)

Dream gig - Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Fashion Bomb

Fave of the big four would certainly be Metallica. The recent letdown was Lou Reed & Tallica's Lulu, what a heap of ****e apart from the music on The View.

Thread stickied. Now where's einheisserschre to answer the outstanding questions?

• Advertisement

Thread stickied. Now where's einheisserschre to answer the outstanding questions?

Outstanding questions?! I answered everything!

EDIT: No I didn't! Sorry Denny ;)

Denny M wrote: »
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite

I prefer metal. My favourite sub-genre is Neue Deutsche Haerte (New German Hardness) - Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Oomph!, Stahlmann, Ewigheim, Stahlhammer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

A lot of these questions are staples of the thread so I'll try to go for a new one.

What kind of sounds and patterns appeal to you most in music? As in, what are certain things that just click for you, like a certain guitar tone or a certain combination of tempo and melody, y'know, the nuances. What are the things that just reel you in no matter how many bands do it?

Numina wrote: »
    A lot of these questions are staples of the thread so I'll try to go for a new one.

What kind of sounds and patterns appeal to you most in music? As in, what are certain things that just click for you, like a certain guitar tone or a certain combination of tempo and melody, y'know, the nuances. What are the things that just reel you in no matter how many bands do it?

Electronics mixed with very heavy industrial guitars. Hardwire do this very well as do a lot of NDH bands.

The most recent example of guitar riff for me would be Fashion Bomb's "Christ Puncher". I also really like when guitars are played along with double bass kicks i.e. Fear Factory and Dimmu Borgir's "Puritania".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What song do you want played at your funeral? Also what is your favourite type of jam?

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What song do you want played at your funeral? Also what is your favourite type of jam?

Played at my funeral - a tracklist of songs that (while I was alive) reminded me of all the good and bad times in my life.

Raspberry jam is delish man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

What's the ringtone on your phone?

What's the ringtone on your phone?

Rammstein - Keine Lust (thanks to AnySong app!)

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?
    What's your favourite Rock/Metal album artwork?

Who's the most famous musician you've met?

All members of Breed77 and One Minute Silence

Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?

Kirk Windstein from Crowbar. I saw them support Hatebreed in Cork in 2005.

He came out the door, I said "Hi Kirk, how're things?" to which he replied "Not bad dude! I then asked him for his autograph. He said just one minute, I need a piss.

He went to a corner, took a piss, walked straight passed me into the venue. I called him and he kept walking. Idiot!

Who would be your favourite metal babe?

Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation.

Do you dress like a metalhead?

When I'm not working, yes. I ALWAYS have some article of Rammstein clothing on me at all times and New Rocks when I'm not driving.

What was the last album that you bought?

CD - Eisbrecher - Eiszeit MP3 (iTunes) - Machine Head - Unto the Locust

Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?

Guitar - Fear Factory's Dino Cazares. Vocals - Rammstein's Till Lindemann.

What's your favourite Rock/Metal album artwork?

Kataklysm - In the Arms of Devastation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

What's the oldest metal t-shirt you have and why do you still hold onto it ?
    Who's your favourite metal drummer ?
    Worst gig you were ever at ?
    What other genres of music do you like apart from metal / rock ?

What's the oldest metal t-shirt you have and why do you still hold onto it ?

It's (surprise, surprise) a Rammstein Sonne t-shirt. I hold onto it because it was my first ever article of Rammstein merchandise.

Who's your favourite metal drummer ?

Dave Lombardo

Worst gig you were ever at ?

Roadrunner Roadrage Tour in Temple Bar Music Centre. I was in a bad mood, with people I didn't really like and I remember there was puke everwhere!

What other genres of music do you like apart from metal / rock ?

Electronica i.e. The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers

Neil Young, and a bit of Eurodance :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Why Rammstein?
    What music existed for you before Rammstein?

Why Rammstein?

From the very first time I heard them, their music just clicked with me. I studied German in secondary school and college because of them. I have devoted a lot of time and energy to understanding the meaning of all their songs.

Also, it's long been a dream of mine to get a tribute band going.

What music existed for you before Rammstein?

I mainly listened to The Prodigy, chemical brothers etc. before that but only got into them when I was around 10 :)

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch out for?
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?

• Advertisement

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?

All black metal except Dimmu Borgir and a few others.

What was your favourite gig this year?

Thurles Metal Mayhem (organised by me haha)

Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?

Rammstein - 27th February @ the O2. I've been waiting for this my whole life!

Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch out for?

I have to (and enjoy to) due to my duties of band manager for TMM. You all should watch out:

Dark Matter, Shattered Skies, iBurn, Anger Fuels Motion, Spittin' Bones, McGalligog, Army Rising, Borderline Prime, Castero, Censura and in the future, SteinUmStein - The Irish Rammstein tribute band :p

Could you name your all-time favourite band?

Have you not guessed already?? :D If not, see my sig.

What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?

I love how when you go to a gig, there's no one acting the ape looking for a fight. Nearly all metalheads are friendly from the word go even though they have never met before.

I don't like the fact that Irish metal bands aren't given the recognition they deserve. They are so good yet a lot of them get nowhere and it's such a shame.

Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?

Yes. Iron Maiden never clicked with me. I gave them a number of chances, each time approaching their music with an open mind. Nah!

Avenged Sevenfold - Again, approached with an open mind but I only like 1 or 2 songs if even that.

What's TMM?

What's TMM?

Thurles Metal Mayhem

I said it in full in an answer before the one in which I abbreviated it. Apologies!

A few more questions shamelessly nicked from earlier threads (thanks to the original posters):
    If you could make a super-group of 4/5/6 dead Rock & Metal musicians, who would be in it and what would you call it?
    What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time
    If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?
    If you could be a famous musician for a day who would you be?

If you could make a super-group of 4/5/6 dead Rock & Metal musicians, who would be in it and what would you call it?

Dimebag - Guitar, Layne Staley - Vocals, Cliff Burton - Bass, The Rev - Drums

It would be called Panalicafold :D

What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time?

Seth.Ect - Godspeak

If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?

Limp Bizkit

If you could be a famous musician for a day who would you be?

Till Lindemann

Any more questions there folks?

Thanks to everyone that posted questions and to Sennheiser Chris einheisserschre for answering them. The next installment of In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement