Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #27 - dcr22B

Options
  • 27-11-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is dcr22B.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

If you would like to take part in this and you're not already on the list, please post here and I'll add you to the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    My cousin in Cork copied Appetite for Destruction for me onto cassette as a 10 year old and I couldn't stop listening to it when i got back to Dublin. One of the funniest moments was my mother walking into the room just as Axl uttered "F**k off" in "It's So Easy". Needless to say she wasn't impressed!
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    When I first joined Boards, I went looking for the forums that had things that I was interested in, this was naturally one
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    Looking for upcoming gigs and news about the bands that I'm into
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    I am an avid Dublin GAA supporter and follow the Boys in Blue the length and breadth of the country. I'm also big into my motorsport especially touring car racing and rallying
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    "Master of Puppets", I know most people say that but I really do think there is not one dud song on that album and it is probably the album I have listened to most in the my 23 years as a rock/metal fan
    Where did your username come from?
    dcr = abbreviation for "Dummycrusher", a Kerbdog song that I loved at the time that I needed to create my first e-mail address; 22B = my favourite Subaru Impreza out at the same time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2010 or 2011?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

What has been your favourite album out in 2010 or 2011?
    Mechanize by Fear Factory
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    My Chemical Romance are the band I hate most of all the emo bands
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    GAA, motorsport, motoring, infrastructure, commuting and transport, Dublin County North
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    Metal for me, thrash metal would probably be my favourite
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    James Hetfield, Jeff Hannemann, Dave Mustaine, Geezer Butler & Bruce Dickinson
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    The Big Four supported by System of a Down, deftones, Machine Head and Fear Factory
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    I like all of them equally to be honest. Metallica were my first fav of the Big 4 then Slayer then Megadeth then Anthrax. Cop out I know!
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?
    The Final Frontier by Maiden, still can't get into it after a good few listens

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

dcr22B wrote: »
    My Chemical Romance are the band I hate most of all the emo bands

I bet there is at least one of these pop punk bands masquerading as emo that has at least one song that you'd confess to liking (even if you have to be boozed up for your head to nod). A riff or an idea even. What would that song be?

And if your hate is too hardcore for that, name the naffest tune you'll admit to liking!

• Advertisement

Cannot get my head around that pop punk stuff that's posing as emo (I switch off Kerrang and Scuzz quite a lot) although I do have to admit I quite like "Sugar, We're goin Down" by Fall Out Boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Best & Worst gig you were ever at ?
    Band / Artist no longer around that you would to have liked to have seen ?
    feck can't think of anything else..

Best & Worst gig you were ever at ?

I'll start with the worst gig. Tool at Ozzfest in Punchestown 2002. Introspective w*nkers, quite possibly the worst headline band I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing especially after the full on energy pulsated by Slayer and SOAD earlier in the day. Unfortunate as I quite like some of their stuff of Aenima.

Best gig would have to be Metallica in the Odyssey, Belfast last year. I much prefer seeing them in indoor arenas where the sound quality is so much better and you can be that much closer to the band. The Death Magnetic songs were excellent live and the crowd were absolutely buzzing for the entire gig.

Band / Artist no longer around that you would to have liked to have seen ?

Pantera. I was absolutely gutted when they cancelled out of playing "Tattoo the Planet" following 9/11 but the upside to that was seeing Biohazard again after the disaster that was the Tivoli in 1994!

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?
    What's your favourite Rock/Metal album artwork?

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Graham Hopkins, the ex-drummer from Therapy? and all the lads from Kerbdog at their first last gig in The Mean Fiddler back in 1998. They were all dead sound
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Can I class Axl Rose as metal? No need to explain why he's an idiot
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    When I was a teen, it was definitely Shauna Yseult from White Zombie. Nowadays, it's Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    Not any more, pretty much stopped dressing like a metal head when I went to college
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Final Frontier by Iron Maiden
    Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?
    Don't play any instrument although tried my hand at bass as a teen and Cliff Burton would have been my inspiration
    What's your favourite Rock/Metal album artwork?
    Nothing for me will ever touch the front cover of Rage Against the Machine's debut album, that image is iconic

• Advertisement

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch out for?
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    Can't stand emo and a lot of nu metal (if that's what they still call it)
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Haven't gone to any, last gig was Iron Maiden in the O2 last July
    Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Hopefully going to see Therapy? in March
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch out for?
    Not really. Used to be in school with a couple of lads from Bereaved/Abbadon Incarnate
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    Metallica
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    The fact that you're not following trends and it's nice to be a bit "underground". Least favourite aspect is that it's annoying that a lot of bands don't play in Ireland
    Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?
    KISS, they're sh1te!

Any more questions there folks?

Thanks to everyone that posted questions and to dcr22B for answering them. The next installment of In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement