Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next boat run Drumshambo on Lough Allen.

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:34am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have secured the use of the Lough Allen Sailing Centre In Drumshambo Co Leitrim, for the Weekend starting Friday 16th September until Sunday 18th
    Web Site http://www.allen.ie/

We have the use of the complete centre:
    8 Rooms with 6 beds in each room and en suite (48 beds)
    Fully equiped kitchen on site
    Camping facilties
    Slipway,
    Mooring ,
    BBQ Area
    Accomodation will cost €10 for one night and €15 for 2 nights (sharing unless you want to take the whole room)
    Camping will be €5 for the weekend

The event will consist of the usual Powerboat Branch Activities
    Friday
    Arrival and Launch
    Drinks by the Lake etc etc.

Saturday:
    Arrival and Launch
    Registration
    Skipper Meeting @ 10.30 with Tea and Coffee ( Bring your own Mug)
    Safety Of Small Craft Talk by ISA instructure (TBC)
    On the water 11.30
    Pub Grub lunch (Location TBC)
    Return to Base
    Wine and Cheese Reception 7pm
    Dinner in the Center
    Drinks by the Lake etc etc.

Sunday:
    Skipper Meeting @ 11.00 with Tea and Coffee ( Bring your own Mug)
    Spin to Spencer dock for a Picnic
    Return to base and Head for Home
    Approx distance covered for the weekend wil be 45km

We are unable to confirm the cost of entry fee until we have numbers so please let us know ASAP if you are attending . The entry will cover the cost of food, wine cheese , for the Sat night and tea & coffee, Soft drinks for the coffee mornings. We will confirm this as soon as we have a good idea of who is coming .
    Drumshambo:
    Most if not all shops and facilities are avaiable in Drumshambo and the closest hotel is The Ramada which serves good pub grub at a fair price . (5 min away)

Link http://www.ramadahotelleitrim.com/

If you are interested in coming along please send an e mail to powerboat@iwai.ie or call Paul Garland on 086 8217712 or Cormac Smith 087 8376614

Once again thanks for the support and look forward to seeing you all in September

Kind Regards
    Cormac Smith
    Chairman Powerboat Branch IWAI

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Just a few photos from yesterday as it was a bit lumpy and wet out on the water to take my hands off the wheel, I think Lough Allen has a weather system all it's own:D

We started off with a chemical wash down for any boats that had come from another lakes or rivers in the past 3 weeks.

2011-09-17084816.jpg

The sailing club was great it had every thing we needed so I'm sure we will be back.

2011-09-17120058.jpg

A gentle scenic run up a river at the top of the lake "end of navigation" for some as it was a bit shallow in places.

2011-09-17131655.jpg
    Heading back out for another roller coaster ride "yee haw"

2011-09-17131702.jpg

Back at base after soup and sammies and maybe a few hot whiskeys, I like to park up with the other classic boats. :D

2011-09-17102826.jpg
    2011-09-17105100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

fergal.b wrote: »
    Heading back out for another roller coaster ride "yee haw"

2011-09-17131702.jpg

That's a stunning sky you captured there Fergal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Here is a little video of the trip.

Lovely music, I got out at the 20th floor:D. Great video Fergal. A few quids worth there. No ramming then? Perhaps it's frowned upon.:D

There's no class distinction in the powerboat club from the biggest cruiser to the smallest rib, if you love boats and a bit of fun then your in our class :D

• Advertisement

dnme wrote: »
    Lovely music, I got out at the 20th floor:D.

How about this one then :D

fergal.b wrote: »

Great videos Fergal. Are you the editor? What software do you use?

dnme wrote: »
    Great videos Fergal. Are you the editor? What software do you use?

No not me, this was done by the big guy you met :D

Advertisement