Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

160GB PS3 @ 199 in HMV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Jim236 wrote: »
    I'm only making a suggestion to you, if you can't be bothered to try it then that's your loss.

I've burnt files to DVD (which are on the wikipedia list you mentioned) only for them to be detected by cinavia, and as a result they wouldn't play. I put those same files onto my USB and copied them onto my PS3, only for them to play no bother.

:rolleyes: I tried it many ways in the past - it doesn't work. I sold my ps3 because of it hence why I'm trying to find out the SW version on these ...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Hi i was going to buy one of them off amazon but what's all this talk about software and updating before playing games?I thought all playstations were the same you just insert the game and play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Hi i was going to buy one of them off amazon but what's all this talk about software and updating before playing games?I thought all playstations were the same you just insert the game and play?

It is like any system you play games on (PS3, Xbox, PC) the game developers release patches for the games and you download them. The PS3 just happens to download and install a little slower than the 360.

Also Sony update the firmware more often than Microsoft do for the 360. No big deal. Just a download a few times a year. If you don't play online then you can ignore these updates.

Advertisement