Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart - Android - €40 (+ €22.50 cashback till June 27th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

This post has been deleted.

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

From Fatcheese help pages...

"How long does a Claim take to resolve?

Claims can take several weeks before we're able to get a resolution due to the manual process this entails.

The average resolution time for a claim is eight weeks which is the same time it would take to get paid commission if the transaction were to have tracked automatically."

Also if you click the Vodafone link on Fatcheese it gives further details regarding payment times. The last payment they (Fatcheese) received from Vodafone was 26th June for transactions completed before 15th May

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I purchased the day i put up the op and its still not showing up in my account either, I've logged a claim with them today

Do you have any adblocks or have an edited hosts file? Fatcheese can't track your purchase if you block anything.

• Advertisement

Phone delivered this morning by the Postman, thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Hi all.

If you log into your fatcheese account and click on the 'my clicks' tab
    It will show you the last 50 sites & dates you visited while logged in.

this will help your claim ticket as proof that you were logged in and followed the right links through fatcheese.
    You should also include a screen shot of your invoice from vodafones 'order confirmation' that you would have received by email.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Do you have any adblocks or have an edited hosts file? Fatcheese can't track your purchase if you block anything.

The edited Host file would block access to Vodafone through the Fatcheese link completely. I had to temporarily rename mine in order to purchase my phones. :)

BTW. The first phone I ordered through Fatcheese hasn't been included on my account, but the second (purchased the following day) has. I've submitted a claim and am awaiting a response from Fatcheese.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah I had a few months wait with a fatcheese payment from a big company. Got there in the end tho.

A bit of advice, hold onto receipts & order numbers you got from Vodafone. During my claim with Fatcheese the company tried to deny I purchased from them. It was a subscription service so I had an account number, which I supplied to fatcheese and they confirmed it with company and then I got paid about 3 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

spongbob wrote: »
    Hi all.

If you log into your fatcheese account and click on the 'my clicks' tab
    It will show you the last 50 sites & dates you visited while logged in.

this will help your claim ticket as proof that you were logged in and followed the right links through fatcheese.
    You should also include a screen shot of your invoice from vodafones 'order confirmation' that you would have received by email.

hope this helps

Thanks for the info. At least its showing in 'My Clicks' tab the time when I made the purchase. I have the order confirmation mail and paper invoice as well.

Hope all this will help in making the claim but for the moment I have to wait 7 days.... bit of a stupid rule :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Anyone managed to unlock one of these. Also where can i get a protective case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

unlocked it via instructions on here yesterday and popped my emobile sim in, works a treat.

Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be work properly on mine. The phone attempts to connect but keeps dropping the signal and saying "disabled"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone managed to unlock one of these. Also where can i get a protective case.

Yep..using DC Unlocker. I've also flashed the unbranded rom to remove the vodafone bloat.

Intructions here

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

Have any of you who've received bought this changed your mind yet?
    I'm looking for a cheap backup phone that's 3G enabled, so could take it off your hands for a fair price.

Orly wrote: »
    Have any of you who've received bought this changed your mind yet?
    I'm looking for a cheap backup phone that's 3G enabled, so could take it off your hands for a fair price.

Like €39.99? :p

http://vodafone.ie/df/prepay/index.jsp?handset=SMRTB

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Can you unlock this phone by getting the NAC unlock code from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

Whatever it actually cost them, more like.

Orly wrote: »
    Whatever it actually cost them, more like.

...actually they're only €27.49 with the rebate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

ralphie wrote: »
    Can you unlock this phone by getting the NAC unlock code from Vodafone.

I tried to get a NAC code for a pre-pay phone from Vodafone last week and you are required to have topped-up by €127 in the previous six months.

So I'm guessing the answer to your question is yes, but it will cost you €127.

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    I tried to get a NAC code for a pre-pay phone from Vodafone last week and you are required to have topped-up by €127 in the previous six months.

So I'm guessing the answer to your question is yes, but it will cost you €127.

I am entitled to an NAC code on my bill pay account but I dont want to waste it if it doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if you can get the nac code for free then do it, if not its only 10 euros or 10 dollars to get the credits for dc-unlocker

Will try it later.Need to get IMEI from phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

enviro wrote: »
    Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be work properly on mine. The phone attempts to connect but keeps dropping the signal and saying "disabled"

Mine did that, Resetting it to manufacturers original fixed it not that I messed with it. Google reset android to see how.

I am entitled to an NAC code on my bill pay account but I dont want to waste it if it doesnt work.

I tried get the NAC code from vodafone and it asked me to put in IMEI no. and they would text me the code.They then told me the phone wasn't in their data base yet and to submit my email adress and phone model and they would send me the code at another time,but the system wouldn't allow me to submit the phone model no.
    Will wait for a couple of weeks and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Anyone manage to install Flash on it? Market doesn't have it (it's prolly not showing up due to incompatibility), and going directly to the market website, this Huawei phone is not supported.

Also, is rooting only to get rid of VF crap, or are there other advantages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

rocky wrote: »
    Anyone manage to install Flash on it? Market doesn't have it (it's prolly not showing up due to incompatibility), and going directly to the market website, this Huawei phone is not supported.

Also, is rooting only to get rid of VF crap, or are there other advantages?

The phone is not powerful enough to run flash. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I tried get the NAC code from vodafone and it asked me to put in IMEI no. and they would text me the code.They then told me the phone wasn't in their data base yet and to submit my email adress and phone model and they would send me the code at another time,but the system wouldn't allow me to submit the phone model no.
    Will wait for a couple of weeks and try again.

there is a website that says they can unlock the phone as well by giving them the imei number or description. I did this and they didnt have it on their database either.

its only a tenner to get it unlocked yourself. though if ya want to wait till you get your cashback from fatcheese then you can ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Got the phone this morning and it does seem quite good for the money. It's my first android, so it should be interesting at least. I just want to have my emails on the go and make calls and texts. Nothing fancy.My question is this, how does one pay for dc-unlocker, I don't have a credit card, so does that leave me waiting for a free fix to become available?THanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

No sign of the free one yet, seems to be problems porting tesco numbers.

Advertisement