Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"How much will my bill be?"

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ESB,

Sometimes we get threads like this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056261670 over on Accommodation & Property.

Now, I know and you know that there are many variables like type of heating, number of occupants, BER rating and so on, but does the ESB have any rules of thumb in advising people on how much a bill would be without going into a detailed analysis, e.g. 25% of people in house type A use X units per month, 25% of people in house type A use Y units per month and so on for different factors. I realise there is a modest amount of commerical sensativity.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Victor wrote: »
    Hi ESB,

Sometimes we get threads like this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056261670 over on Accommodation & Property.

Now, I know and you know that there are many variables like type of heating, number of occupants, BER rating and so on, but does the ESB have any rules of thumb in advising people on how much a bill would be without going into a detailed analysis, e.g. 25% of people in house type A use X units per month, 25% of people in house type A use Y units per month and so on for different factors. I realise there is a modest amount of commerical sensativity.

Thanks

Wouldn't the variable be a problem?
    Do they have an electric oven, do they have and electric hob, do the have electric heating, do the have energy saving light bulbs? Etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Victor wrote:
    ...does the ESB have any rules of thumb in advising people on how much a bill would be without going into a detailed analysis, e.g. 25% of people in house type A use X units per month, 25% of people in house type A use Y units per month and so on for different factors.

Hi Victor,

It's a good question. Unfortunately though (as you have already guessed) there are just too many variables involved. For example, I have come across bills for households which, based on the number of occupants/range of appliances/designated tariffs etc, you would imagine might display comparable levels of electricity demand. But it can be surprising to find just how often this isn't the case!

On the upside, this goes to show how much scope there exists for increasing energy efficiency and making savings. We encourage customers to avail of our online tools, such as our Energy Saving Wizard and Appliance Calculator, for precisely these reasons.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement