Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitors parking in member's car park spaces

Options
  • 30-04-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

May I ask visitors to private golf clubs to park in the designated visitors area and NOT in the member's car park.
    This situation has got out of hand in my own golf club. Indeed, we now have to pay a car park attendant to ensure visitors do not park in our spaces.
    I refer particularly to people who may not be aware of the golf etiquette.
    Secondly, visitors should realise that they are not supposed to change into their shoes in the car park, rather they should use the visitors' changing rooms.
    After their game of golf they should retire to the public bar of the club and NOT the member's bar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

kevin99 wrote: »
    May I ask visitors to private golf clubs to park in the designated visitors area and NOT in the member's car park.
    This situation has got out of hand in my own golf club. Indeed, we now have to pay a car park attendant to ensure visitors do not park in our spaces.
    Secondly, visitors should realise that they are not supposed to change into their shoes in the car park, rather they should use the visitors' changing rooms.
    After their game of golf they should retire to the public bar of the club and NOT the member's bar.

Such crimes are punishable by death :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

First world problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Ahhh haaaa hahahahaha very good , not quiet to connos standard yet, but keep it up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

OP is spot on. Its the biggest problem in golf today, and the reason I quit the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

sweetswing wrote: »
    Ahhh haaaa hahahahaha very good , not quiet to connos standard yet, but keep it up .

+1. First thing I thought too. Even the username is a tip of the hat to the great man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Great post man well spotted and thanks for trying to sort this problem out.

Maybe visitors to clubs should wear some sort sign on their person to indicate to everyone who they are? In this way they can be segregated on the course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Russman

Finally this problem is being addressed ! Great to see someone taking a stand in these times of anarchy on our courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Does the 99 in your username stand for your year of birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

the lawman wrote: »
    Great post man well spotted and thanks for trying to sort this problem out.

Maybe visitors to clubs should wear some sort sign on their person to indicate to everyone who they are? In this way they can be segregated on the course too.

They could do like lepers did years ago and carry a bell so they could ring it and warn members that they're approaching. Now obviously the noise of the bells will put some members off their putting strokes or cause them to hook the odd drive, but you can't have it every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I cannot stand that kind of rubbish at all. Its a form of apartheid.
    In my club members and visitors use the same facilities and the only places you cannot park are the club officers spaces. There should be no such thing as members bar and visitors bar. Visitors should be encouraged and made welcome especially tourists. The economic climate demands this.

I thought this kind of segregation thing went out with the dodo and if not it should have !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

what is this "golf " you talk of..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Country has gone to ****. I'm so angry reading the OP it's time to emigrate

Changing shoes in the car park :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

I'll say what everyone is thinking.......wot a complete tosser the opening poster is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

On an interesting side note, Isnt conno on a weeks paid leave from here......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Id go postal on the 4uckers ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Is this a wind up?

If not, then this is what gives golf a bad name.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

I completely agree with the OP, unfortunately OP you're wasting your time as most of the hackers on here can only aspire to be daisycutters at best and have never heard the term "Golf etiquette" let alone know what any of it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

baz2009 wrote: »
    Does the 99 in your username stand for your year of birth?

Says baz2009 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Jimdagym wrote: »
    On an interesting side note, Isnt conno on a weeks paid leave from here......

Well when he comes back he has some serious competition for the troll of the year award this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

OP this really gives new meaning to Local Rules doesnt it...

I think if you feel that way about your club you should arrange to have a huge big brick wall errected around your course so you & your hickory shaft weilders can play in peace & while your at it why not just make your club MEMBERS ONLY then job done, problem solved no outside leppers can infiltrate the stone cutters club. ;)

Ku Klux Clan comes to mind here...get a bloody grip...from a non hacker!!

"Off with his head"....for the crime of Headupyourowna*se offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I used to buy golf magazines, forget which one it was

In some club in England, if the Captain walked into the bar you had to stand for a moment.
    Bit like an army officer entering a room with recruits.
    Shows respect I suppose

Fook that!

The OP will be telling us next you can't wear a shirt without a collar.
    If it's good enough for David Duval (remember him), good enough for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Says baz2009 :rolleyes:

Yep. I'm 2 years old posting on a forum that I became a member before I was even born.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

JOSman wrote: »
    Is this a wind up?

Was thinking the same thing,especially after reading other posts on a different thread....... is he a bit annoyed at not being invited to a certain wedding yesterday or what...i dont think i'd want to play at a course that treats visitors like 3rd class citizens:mad:
    park your banger down there.....put on your sackclothes in there and eat your gruel in that room down there and dont forget to bow to any members...but dont make eye contact......enjoy your round peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

OP, as in original p&@"; is correct, I mean the unwashed mass parking in our spots, Cop the f on, or is it the Conno in disguise???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Jul3s wrote: »
    I completely agree with the OP, unfortunately OP you're wasting your time as most of the hackers on here can only aspire to be daisycutters at best and have never heard the term "Golf etiquette" let alone know what any of it means.

If you're so precious about protecting golf etiquette then why allow visitors at all?
    Social climbing non-entities.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

May I remind you of the following:

Sarcasm (sar·casm)
    –noun
    1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Some of you should also then note the following:

Gullible (gul·li·ble)

–adjective easily deceived or cheated.

Personally - I think that car park spaces (both members and visitors) should be ranked in order of approximate value of the car in the space at any given time.
    Obviously this will mean that the most expensive cars should be allowed to park closest to the clubhouse with the cheapest ones the most far away (if even allowed into the carpark at all..)

A system like this would soon preserve standards....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Trampas

naas gc?

do visitors wear a star on their arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Ben1010

What a hoot!!

If that situation ever happen to me and somebody told me where i should park my car, where i should put my shoes on and where i should dine....i know where i stick my extra stiff 3 wood....up his bleeding hole!!!:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Down with that sort of thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement