Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TG4/TV3 Sound?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

STB wrote: »
    Okay I just didnt want to see you kill your TV. Is the Freesat tuner also working ? This will confirm that you are back in g10b mode.

The sound problem is caused by an option in one of the menus called audio description - make sure it set to off by default.

That should sort it for them all.

There is also a manual option which would be painful if you had to do it all the time on the opt button on the remote which is to change it from nar to eng.

the audio description was off by default,
    here's no manual option on my tv
    and no sound on tv3, tg4 and 3e :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

rai555 wrote: »
    the audio description was off by default,
    here's no manual option on my tv
    and no sound on tv3, tg4 and 3e :(

The option button to the left of the ok button (and directly above text button). Change from Nar to Eng. Unfortunately you will have to do that everytime you tune to one of those stations.

remote.jpg

nice to know, thank you again

just confirmed that hotel file update is idiot-proof in panasonic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

@ STB
    I have been trawling through boards.ie and avforums and digitalspy etc to see if I can get any joy with my newly purchased TX-L42D25L (got it 4 days ago). I am more than happy with the great picture etc but I am a bit peeved that I can’t get 7 day EPG on Freesat and MHEG5 and interactive teletext etc. I haven't tried Saorview yet as I dont have an aerial at the moment but I am going to try a rabbits ears tonight.
    I see you have posted a lot in this realm
    STB wrote: »
    Well if it is an Irish model can we have the mandatory MHEG5 please. The cost of MHEG5 is €4 per TV probably. They can easily take that out of the extra €300.

What makes it an Irish model ? Ask Panasonic that !

Infact I will do a letter up for you, because I am a little more than cheesed off with what people are putting up with, especially with the D25s which are in the same boat. MPEg4 yes MHEg5 no, MHP is free with it though even though its an Irish model in 2010.

And I dont have a Panasonic!

Did you ever get that letter drafted or do you know of a fix for the D25 or how I should approach either Panasonic or my retailer to get this sorted? Any info greatly appreciated. Am I within my rights to return the TV if it’s not suitable for Irish market? Its playing on my mind so much now that I fear I will grow to dislike the TV in a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bring it back to the shop , Panasonic will never get text/mheg working on these 2010 models and don't even answer emails on the subject according to a neighbour of mine who is bringing his back this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Or else just get yourself a UK model.

championc wrote: »
    Or else just get yourself a UK model.

Few quick questions on the UK model you have if you dont mind
    1. Is it fully working with Saorview i.e. are you getting RTE 2 in HD etc
    2. Do you get 7 day EPG on Freesat listing?
    3. Do you get BBC/ITV Interactive text
    4. Do you get RTE Interactive text and 7 day EPG?
    5. Is it resonable to think that a retailer should be charging more than €300 extra for the UK version compared to the Irish version even though I believe its only firmware that is the real difference in these TVs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No

Firstly, you need to stick to FreeviewHD equipped sets (NOT Freeview) and it is my belief that everything works OK. I believe that NI are separate from the UK so UK deals don't work for NI. Late last year, they were doing a deal for the G20B for about £550 - £600 which included a 5 year warranty but they had to be bought In Store in the UK. You could have got a Ryanair €10 e/w to any UK city and bought one and get it shipped back (for about £50). For anyone considering this for the future, just negotiate your carriage costs first.

And if any retailler has any stocks left of the G20B, I'd nab one if I was you since it has the onboard FreesatHD satellite tuner in addition to the FreeviewHD tuner. I believe the G30B only has the FreeviewHD tuner onboard.

Try http://www.watterselectrical.co.uk/ in Armagh, not far from Dundalk

My TX-L42D25L has Freesat HD and Freeview HD but the only thing missing is MHEG5 which I believe is just a firmware patch and it would then be identical to yours in allowing it to get the interactive text etc.

I wish Pana would sort it but I dont think they will to be honest

Will keep trying and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure that you can presource a "HOTEL" file on boards for your particular local transmitter before you buy the G20B. This should not be a problem if the telly is to be used in Dublin for example but on the Belmullet Transmitter you could be waiting a while for any support ...leaving you with an expensive but elegant brick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 G10B

Audio on 3e working without needing to change from nar to eng at moment. The options now are eng or eng but g10b defaults to the non silent eng audio stream. I doubt this is a permanent modification but would be nice for g10b owners if it was & if TV3 & TG4 could make similar modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 G10B

3e back to eng/nar. Sound working was nice while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djah

Can anyone help me get my saorview channels back in my tx-l37v10b.I am living in Cork and have a number of transmitters that I can receive from,Spur Hill or Mullaghanish.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

damienirel wrote: »
    Back up your current tuning to an SD card just incase.

To do this:

1. Format an SD card on a PC.

Insert SD card into PC. Right-click on SD card in MyComputer, then select FORMAT and press OK.

2. Set up hotel.pwd file on SD card.

Open MyComputer and double click on SD card (Removeable Disk). Go to Tools, Folder Options and select the VIEW tab. Then unclick the "Hide extensions for known file types" option and apply the change. Right click and select New and Text Document to create an empty text file. Name it "hotel.pwd" ( Note that there is no .txt file extension added because of option selected above). Remove SD card.

3. Copy all channels from TV1 to SD card.

Turn on TV. Insert SD card. The process starts automatically. Enter the code 4850 when requested. The copy is made to the SD card. Remove the SD card.

4. Copy channels from SD card to TV2.

Turn on TV. Insert SD card. The process starts automatically. Enter the code 4851 when requested. The copy is made to the TV.
    Turn off the TV and then turn it on again. The channels are copied! There's no EPG info for the TV channels.

Thanks DamienIrl- you're a gem!!

I've two Panasonic TX-37LZD81s, one that I let rescan after they changed the Saorview trial tx bit so that this TV lost all its channels. I left the other on the original channel settings.

I've just done the hotel.pwd copy between the two. It worked a treat, so now I have fully saorview and epg etc on both sets. So really my only limit is being able to scan or rescan for new or additional channels. I think I may be missing out on 1 additional channel added since the initial saorview release.

The only slight issue is that I have to reset audio on some of the channels manually each time using the option button when i flick to them as for some odd reason it defaults to audio type 'nar', instead of english!?

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone with info on a way of setting permanent or semi permanent preselected settings for this audio on this option I'd greatly appreciate it.

daithi7 wrote: »
    Thanks DamienIrl- you're a gem!!

I've two Panasonic TX-37LZD81s, one that I let rescan after they changed the Saorview trial tx bit so that this TV lost all its channels. I left the other on the original channel settings.

I've just done the hotel.pwd copy between the two. It worked a treat, so now I have fully saorview and epg etc on both sets. So really my only limit is being able to scan or rescan for new or additional channels. I think I may be missing out on 1 additional channel added since the initial saorview release.

The only slight issue is that I have to reset audio on some of the channels manually each time using the option button when i flick to them as for some odd reason it defaults to audio type 'nar', instead of english!?

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone with info on a way of setting permanent or semi permanent preselected settings for this audio on this option I'd greatly appreciate it.

HI Folks,

As a follow up to this, I'm looking at g getting another screen. This time I want to get a screen that is saorview & free Sat compatible, i.e. with both tuners built in & full codec s & epgs etc compatible. It would be great if I could purchase a Panasonic screen that would create the a tuning settings file (i.e. the hotel.pwd file) as the two Panasonic TX-37LZD81s that I already have, so that I could transfer any settings for any new saorview rescans from the new set to the Tx-37LZD81s, to keep them all up to date with latest available channels, etc.

Anyone know if one of the current Panasonic sets can write a hotel.pwd file that's readable & useable by the old LZD81s??

Thanks for any advice on same.

HI Folks,

As a follow up to this, I'm looking at g getting another screen. This time I want to get a screen that is saorview & free Sat compatible, i.e. with both tuners built in & full codec s & epgs etc compatible. It would be great if I could purchase a Panasonic screen that would create the a tuning settings file (i.e. the hotel.pwd file) as the two Panasonic TX-37LZD81s that I already have, so that I could transfer any settings for any new saorview rescans from the new set to the Tx-37LZD81s, to keep them all up to date with latest available channels, etc.

Anyone know if one of the current Panasonic sets can write a hotel.pwd file that's readable & useable by the old LZD81s??

Thanks for any advice on same.

I contacted Panasonic re this and their response stated that none of the saorview approved sets would create a tuning settings file ( i.e. hotel.pwd file), that would be readable by the older LZD81s. Unfortunately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I contacted Panasonic re this and their response stated that none of the saorview approved sets would create a tuning settings file ( i.e. hotel.pwd file), that would be readable by the older LZD81s. Unfortunately!!

Ask wolfgang from setedit to have a look at it for you.

You will need to mail him the existing files.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Niall8100

Bit of a long shot but does anyone still have the instructions document for the hex edit change Stincker talks about in post #107?

Advertisement