Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That car is in very good nick right enough.I could certainly drive that, especially in these recessionary times (cliche cliche:rolleyes:).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I also have a 1986 5door hatch one on an AIN reg in the shed, not as clean as that one though. Iv had it for 12 years, good to see someone else cares enough to keep another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Might aswell throw a few more more pics of my Mk3 in:

5036373115_7b6462a26f_b.jpg

5036372929_d796bf57b5_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Princess HLS

My four classic motors plus one scrap car for spares!

MiniMountainDriveSept09035.jpg

MiniMountainDriveSept09006.jpg

Clubbyplates2.jpg

Clubbysnewplates.jpg

SummerHols2010033.jpg

SummerHols2010094.jpg

BFW2.jpg

BFW1.jpg

GlasgowWedge.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Clubbysnewplates.jpg

Lovely cars - I really like what you did with the reg plates.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Clubby looks well Tony!

Hermy wrote: »
    Lovely cars - I really like what you did with the reg plates.
    I did this before as a test to see how it would look with my Chevette (83KY) and at shows a surprising number of people came up to me and said it looked wrong on a year plate, so i went back to the original black on white. I cant make up my mind if i like it or not!
    Some hassle getting the letters to match, and i still didnt get it quite right.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Image017.jpg?t=1299021540[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

BFW1.jpg

Who's is the Fiat 130 Coupe in the backround? they are gorgeous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

My four classic motors plus one scrap car for spares!

Have you been to a Doctor with that illness you have there:D.You have a bad case of princessiitits.You wouldnt find many mentions of the condition in the medical journals, because its so rare:).You really are a through fan, well done;).
    I did this before as a test to see how it would look with my Chevette (83KY) and at shows a surprising number of people came up to me and said it looked wrong on a year plate, so i went back to the original black on white. I cant make up my mind if i like it or not!
    Some hassle getting the letters to match, and i still didnt get it quite right.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Image017.jpg?t=1299021540[/URL]

To me that plate does not look right, IMO you should go back to the black.

jimmyw wrote: »
    To me that plate does not look right, IMO you should go back to the black.
    Indeed i did! Original is best, whatever original you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

1979 Reliant Scimitar (SE6a).... i bought this car yesterday... the car is in rough condition, but i really love it! especially the sound... im just waiting when it will break down :D

017-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Diabhalta wrote: »
    1979 Reliant Scimitar (SE6a).... i bought this car yesterday... the car is in rough condition, but i really love it! especially the sound... i just wait when it will break down :D

Congratulations with that. There's a guy that actually goes to trackdays with his. It's a fairly simple car, so if it breaks down, it should be easy to fix.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

The oil is leaking from the top of the engine.. probably the head gasket is gone (today it made a very unpleasant puffy sound when i was waiting for the green light), there is a ding in the windscreen, wipers are working occasionally, it needs a new paintjob and the driver's seat need to be repaired. The passenger's door is not possible to open from inside and it need a new pair of headlights. The steering wheel and gearknob isnt original (same as air filter) ... i think after some time and money spent on this car it will be a sweet ride one day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Diabhalta wrote: »
    The oil is leaking from the top of the engine.. probably the head gasket is gone (today it made a very unpleasant puffy sound when i was waiting for the green light), there is a ding in the windscreen, wipers are working occasionally, it needs a new paintjob and the driver's seat need to be repaired. The passenger's door is not possible to open from inside and it need a new pair of headlights. The steering wheel and gearknob isnt original (same as air filter) ... i think after some time and money spent on this car it will be a sweet ride one day..

.....ahh just a few hours work...........sure who needs perfection anyway !!

Enjoy it ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

quattro777 wrote: »
    Who's is the Fiat 130 Coupe in the backround? they are gorgeous :D

.........exactly what I was thinking. Not too many around these here parts. They were rust buckets but a glorious car to look at and to listen too, never drove one through.

I recall two Irish reg's ones around Dublin in the early 80's, a beige one and that classy metallic blue colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

There used to be a few 130 coupes parked at the side of a hotel in Bray a few years ago, they were fairly rusty then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

13032011575.jpg
    13032011573.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭doggiedee

Looking good there John, yer paintwork is a lot better than mine!

Dave.

doggiedee wrote: »
    Looking good there John, yer paintwork is a lot better than mine!

Dave.

Cheers Dave!

It's not great up close but she's hitting the paint shop fairly soon I hope! ;)
    The club is doing a run on Paddy's Day - PM me if you're interested.

John, Paddys day is out the window for me... I managed to strip the threads on not 1 but 2 wheel studs the other day when bleeding my very spongy brakes! I've ordered new ones from Summit but I'm sure it will be Friday at the soonest before I have them. Unless of course you know somewhere I could get them here in Dublin? Then I'll be up for it!

• Advertisement

On a side note, my 7.7 block should be delivered in the morning!

John, Paddys day is out the window for me... I managed to strip the threads on not 1 but 2 wheel studs the other day when bleeding my very spongy brakes! I've ordered new ones from Summit but I'm sure it will be Friday at the soonest before I have them. Unless of course you know somewhere I could get them here in Dublin? Then I'll be up for it!

Summit are very quick - you might have them sooner than you think! ;)
    On a side note, my 7.7 block should be delivered in the morning!

Woo-Hoo! :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Summit are very quick - you might have them sooner than you think! ;)

Here's hoping! Its killing me having it sit and not be able to drive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

not as old as some of the cars here but getting there, got this a few weeks ago, I have another one too thats a long term project bare shell at the minute

Photo0020.jpg
    Photo0009.jpg
    Photo0010.jpg

big silly exhaust is gone by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭micko38

Current toy

Ali Babba wrote: »
    There used to be a few 130 coupes parked at the side of a hotel in Bray a few years ago, they were fairly rusty then too.

Does anyone know if they are still there?

As of today I may need a few bits :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭COB MGV8

Couldn't resist it :
    MG1300-4.jpg
    MG1300-2-1.jpg
    MG1300-1-2.jpg

Photos do the paint more justice then it deserves - in good nick other than that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I like those 2dr ADO16s. Will outcorner a B no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭COB MGV8

macplaxton wrote: »
    I like those 2dr ADO16s. Will outcorner a B no problem.

They certainly drive differently to a B - it feels like a Mini Cooper with a boot. I've been looking for one in decent condition (at any sort of a reasonable price) for 3 years

• Advertisement

vbulletin1472630.jpgI will be picking this up in a couple of weeks. :D

1472630.jpg

Advertisement