Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #8 - Nedtheshed

Options
  • 18-12-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is nedtheshed.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

2nd post again, I'm too active almost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's your favourite album art?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Who's your favourite Rock/Metal frontman(or woman!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

If you could play a (new) instrument instantly what would that be and what song would you love to be able to play instantly on that instrument? Keep it in the boundaries of heavy music.

Damageplan or Superjoint Ritual?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Malice_ wrote: »
    What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

Finding my Dads Deep Purple tape when I was 7 or 8 got me into it in the first place.The fact that its constantly changing and evolving is what keeps me interested.

Signed up for the website and searched for the Metal section.

Friendly atmosphere,good banter and for the most part others opinions are well respected.

Work in insurance at the moment,been at it for about 18 months.Im a huge horror geek and spend far too much money buying rare dvds,limited editions,signed by the directors,stuff like that.

Probably Master of Puppets.First heard it around 1990 and it woke something in me,still love it to this day and it is IMO their magnum opus.

I got nicknamed Eddie about 14 years ago after an unsuccessful effort at driving my parents jeep(named after Eddie Irvine who had crashed 3 or 4 races in a row)Ned is a spin off from that,I used to work in a warehouse/shed.

C'est moi!

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

2nd post again, I'm too active almost

It has been a relatively weak year for grandstand albums IMO however Ive like Chelsea Grins latest,same for Thy Art Is Murders.Cathedral were consistent as always and Hatebreeds most recent has really grown on me too.

Dont go to concerts,ever,never had much interest in em TBH.

I hate Avenged 7x alot.Dunno why.Apart from them I cant really think of any though Im sure there are a few.

I frequent the the gentlemens club,soccer forum,horror forum and film.Been using the nocturnal forum quite a bit lately too.

Prefer metal and of the current crop I love deathcore.Job for a Cowboy,Black Dahlia Murder,Suicide Silence,Man Must Die etc.

Passenger wrote: »
    What's your favourite album art?

:)

Probably this one.

cover_43.jpg

Its an awesome album too.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Who's your favourite Rock/Metal frontman(or woman!)?

Ive always like Anselmo.When Rob Zombie was in White Zombie I was a huge fan but I dont really rate his solo stuff.

Eric Rutan (Hate Eternal) is ferocious,as is Karl Sanders (Nile)

I guess my favourite of all time is prolly Max Cavelara though.I love everything he has put out.

Just a brief reminder folks:
    Malice_ wrote: »
    Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread
    If anyone has a problem with anything that is posted, don't derail the thread, use the report post icon report.gif and the offending post will be investigated.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

If you could play a (new) instrument instantly what would that be and what song would you love to be able to play instantly on that instrument? Keep it in the boundaries of heavy music.

Damageplan or Superjoint Ritual?

Drums - John Bonham
    Bass - Has to be Burton
    Guitar - Cobain
    Guitar - Randy Rhoads
    Vocals - Freddy Mercury

Back From The Ned is the name!

Defo love to be able to play the guitar and New Millenium Cyanide Christ would be the song of choice.

Superjoint all the way,never rated Damageplan at all TBH!

Any more questions folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's getting woefully lower every thread sadly enough. Must be a reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well we could always just copy/paste some common questions from across the last few sets? I'll take a few good ones, just to give ned something to do :P

If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?

What would be the lineup of your dream gig?

Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?

What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

Nailz wrote: »
    It's getting woefully lower every thread sadly enough. Must be a reason.
    Over-eating because of the time of year? ;)
    Well we could always just copy/paste some common questions from across the last few sets?
    Funnily enough that was what I was going to suggest. Great minds think alike!

If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?

What would be the lineup of your dream gig?

Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?

What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

1/ Lemmy Kilimeister,Keith Moon,Ted Nugent,Ozzy Osbourne and Iggy Pop.Oh my liver would be dead!

2/ Original Sepultura and Slayer co-headline,Meshuggah,Deicide,Carcass and Fear Factory in support.

3/ Toss up between Slayer and Metallica,Slayer prolly edge it though.

4/ Crack The Skye.I cant get into it at all no matter how hard I try. :(

Okay, thanks to everyone for posting questions and of course to nedtheshed for taking the time to answer them.

The next In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement