Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying condoms online?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I can't really find a half decent vending machine for condoms in the pubs etc, was wondering does anyone ever buy them online? This website seems legit, I'm not sure if there the going rates though?? http://www.safesex.ie/

Anyway small problem is I live with my parents, and to prevent embarrassment was wondering would anyone know the story on delivery etc, if it comes in my name I'd expect my parents not to open it obviously I'd like to get the post beforehand, also would their logo etc be on it, could do without dirty looks from the postman. It's not urgent but tbh I would prefer this then getting them on a nite out and I can never seem to find them in the chemists..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They sell them in Dunnes, Tesco's, Superquinn, Boots. And every Chemists.

If its a embarrassment issue, I would try to confront that first. Its better then having a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

They sell them in Dunnes, Tesco's, Superquinn, Boots. And every Chemists.

If its a embarrassment issue, I would try to confront that first. Its better then having a child.
    Sorry to hijack the thread but can you get them in the self service checkout in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

They often have them up at the front of the counter in chemists, like where they have lip balms, cough sweets etc.

They are usually cheaper in Dunnes or Tesco though.

And I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the self-service counter. It's not like there's an age limit like with alcohol. The check-out assistants probably sell dozens of boxes a day though, I don't think they'd pay you any heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No-one cares, honestly, they've seen it all.
    Boots do 14 euro for 24 now (Durex)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Again forgive my ignorance, but is there a self service counter in all Tescos? I've never used one, eh how exactly does it work?

Sounds fair enough, most of the chemists around are quite small though. Anyway in the supermarkets, would they be near the creams, deodorants etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You can get some really great bulk deals online though that work out a lot cheaper than the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

This site is good for buying in bulk.100 for 12 sterling. Ordered on the Friday got them Tuesday. Really discreet. Nothing on package to give it away.

http://www.bondara.co.uk/sex-aids/condoms/?keyword=;sort=;per_page=100;order=;display=list;start=0&gclid=CMCWmaLGgqUCFdv92Aod4V7fPA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Many supermarkets with self-service checkouts put security tags on the condoms, you have to get an assistant to take them off anyway, so doesn't really get over the embarrassment factor anyway, easier to just go straight to the standard desk.

OP, what do you mean you "can never seem to find them in the chemists"? How hard are you looking? I don't think I've ever been in a chemists (local or otherwise) where I haven't seen condoms, even when I haven't been looking for them.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP, what do you mean you "can never seem to find them in the chemists"? How hard are you looking? I don't think I've ever been in a chemists (local or otherwise) where I haven't seen condoms, even when I haven't been looking for them.

+1

For some reason i have an image of you scuttling round the chemist as red a a tomato half looking for condoms before looking at the floor and scuttling back out..

Op i'm not trying to be belittling here but you're really making this into a big deal! they're just bloody condoms!

I can guarantee you that, the checkout girl in tesco, the postman, the chemist, won't give a flyin F**k that you're buying condoms, they're not going to give you "dirty looks" its not like they've never seen a condom before, these people have all had sex before! i used to work in a small shop in the tiniest village ever and twice a week i had guys coming up to me asking if we had condoms! no one cares!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Your best bet is to go into a chemist - they're usually on a stand at the front of the till, and pharmacists are not going to bat an eye lid for you asking. Trust me. As a girl who buys my own condoms it's not something to be embarrassed about at all, I got over that with having to buy sanitary towels, tampons and medical treatments for 'women's problems'. Anyway, they usually have a better range than the supermarkets.

With supermarkets like Dunnes and Tesco you'll find them on the toiletry isle(s), often somewhere near the toothpaste and cough medicine or thereabouts. I think some go to the point of putting them in plastic containers or with security tags. Far easier to go to a chemist imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yen2010

you could get legitimate condoms in here http:// www.mycondom.co.uk, their price is quite cheap and have pix& mix, variety choices, they use discreet packing so no one will know what's inside. I share a house with someone, I always get condoms from www.mycondom.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yen2010

you could get legitimate condoms in here http:// www.mycondom.co.uk, their price is quite cheap and have pix& mix, variety choices, they use discreet packing so no one will know what's inside. I share a house with someone, I always get condoms from www.mycondom.co.uk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement