Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok I really need your help here guys!

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I got a phone call from someone there, she asked me if I could go in for an interview tomorrow in 5 pery square..only thing is i couldnt understand her english accent, she told me the company name and website i applied on and i asked her to repeat, but still couldnt understand..i didnt want to piss her off and ask again so im now asking ye, does anyone know what is in house number 5, pery square? or would they just be using this as an interview place?

like, iv applied to millions of places (mostly retail), online like so i wouldnt have a clue what this could be for!!

ps i only have retail experience so im a bit confused as to why i would be asked for a place here! seems more accountants/office place;

anyway cheers for the responce haha!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go in there and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

O'Neill & Brennan
    5 Perry Square Limerick
    061-468891

http://www.oneillandbrennan.com/

I believe they are A recruitment company. I think they do it for upc and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

From Google, I found that O'Neill and Brennan and TMS Consulting Ltd are both at 5 Perry Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

so its just a recruitment agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

dave 27 wrote: »

Ya, and not a very good one at that (from my own experience).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Best of luck with it :)

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ya, and not a very good one at that (from my own experience).

cool, i was kinda worried id find myself sitting in an interview room being quizzed about the company i didnt know exists! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep, but it could also be the recruitment company that ends up being the one that gets you an interview with your next place of work.

Best of luck at it, hope it goes well and leads to something.

Well they also do forced prostate exams, but they hopefully just have a job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    O'Neill & Brennan
    5 Perry Square Limerick
    061-468891

http://www.oneillandbrennan.com/

I believe they are q recruitment company. I think they do it for upc and a few others.

Q?

You're gonna be MI5 Boy - License to kill.........

q-from-james-bond.jpg

• Advertisement

cool, i was kinda worried id find myself sitting in an interview room being quizzed about the company i didnt know exists! :o

It'll do no harm to go in and meet with them anyways.
    It's fairly important to impress them as well because if they don't like the cut of your jib then they won't put you forward for any positions.

Any half decent recruitment agency will only send a select few CV's to a client, so you gotta make em think it'll be worth their while sending yours.

It's fairly important to impress them as well because if they don't like the cut of your jib then they won't put you forward for any positions.

Any half decent recruitment agency will only send a select few CV's to a client, so you gotta make em think it'll be worth their while sending yours.

so thats what an interview is all about! :rolleyes:

cool, cheers lads, might wear a suit for it so..by the looks of it they deal with construction is that rite? im hoping to get experience with an architect cos i missed out on placement in college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hey,

I was called for an interview at no. 5 Pery Square and the woman had an English accent. Like you I had applied for so many jobs that I had no idea what I was interviewing for. A bit of googling told me the company was PMD Marketing and then I found these threads:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055789999
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055858116

so thats what an interview is all about! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I was just giving the OP some advice in case he adopted a more relaxed approach to the interview because as he had said himself
    Originally Posted by dave 27 viewpost.gif

I have a bit of experience in the area, and you'd be surprised how little effort some people put in when meeting the agency compared to what they would put in with when meeting a direct employer.

But I'm sure your post was far more helpful.

I also have alot of experience in the area of interviewing people, I presumed most people knew that you have to make an effort for an interview.
    Sorry If my sarcasm offended you Itsdacraic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Recruitment agencies in this country are nothing more than data harvesters. you are better off going to a company directly.

Any company who prefers subcontractors to direct employees isn't worth working for .

I also have alot of experience in the area of interviewing people, I presumed most people knew that you have to make an effort for an interview.
    Sorry If my sarcasm offended you Itsdacraic

Too late.

You're on my Enemies List:

List

Raiser
    Limerick_Lass

Recruitment agencies in this country are nothing more than data harvesters. you are better off going to a company directly.

Any company who prefers subcontractors to direct employees isn't worth working for .

I agree there but I guess a job is a job in these times.

A select few of them do a decent job, but not necessarily the one mentioned in this thread.

• Advertisement

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hey,

I was called for an interview at no. 5 Pery Square and the woman had an English accent. Like you I had applied for so many jobs that I had no idea what I was interviewing for. A bit of googling told me the company was PMD Marketing and then I found these threads:

Fell for the same thing myself last year. Was out of work, they advertised for a marketing position, no experience required. Asked in for an interview, went to thurles (different company name, same idea).
    2 minute interview and I am asked back for an observation day, where I would see what it was like.
    What a waste of time!
    Driven to tramore in one of the other guys car, where Myself and 3 other interviewee's tagged along with people trying to sell charity via direct debit, door to door, sying how much they make a week etc.
    Guy i was with didnt make one sale, and all we wanted to do was escape!
    Never went back!
    They operate under different names, if you get people to join up, they are "under" you. MOre people under you, higher level you get apparently, after a certain level you can open your own branch. Its an employment pyramid scheme, that doesnt pay wages, and you only get comission for each direct debit sold (think it was 20 odd euro per signup from what i recall).
    Avoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

similar as Phill, crowd on mallow strreet clearwater something,went in for 11 o clock and watched them do some motivation technique they did in the mornings. You'd have to laugh, dance music blaring jumping around like weirdos said to myself i'd hang off em for a day for the shneer, did the one day observation, looking at the team leader selling eircom house alarms, diabolical stuff, pushy etc.

Back to the office the manager said he liked me and everyone else that day did too and they'd be delighted to have me. See you monday morning so says I :D:D:D:D suffice to say I slept in Monday morning as you do.

Best of Luck Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 36 willielovesall

Got a call for a interview myself at 16:15 tomorrow and googled PMD marketing. It does not look good! Everything I found on them seems to point to scam but I am sick of having no money:eek: Should I go anyway? What should I do anyone?

if you have time to killl, go in for the shneer, but be warned you take a job off them and make no money your left with having to go sign on again.

cant even sign on at the moment cause Im a student. . .anything I should do? will i tell them there a shower of ****?

you never know Willy it could suit you down to the ground. Either way there is no harm in getting a few interviews under your belt.

cant even sign on at the moment cause Im a student. . .anything I should do? will i tell them there a shower of ****?

Go for it. Then bring them down from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hey,

The ridiculously fake quote from first link says it all really......
    ciarastar wrote: »
    hi there,

yeah I worked for PMD Marketing last summer during the college break. It was fantastic, they do the residential sales for Airtricity. I'd never had any sales experience before, but thought I'd give it a go just to strengthen my CV and learn some new skills.The training program is intense, definately a challenge, but they teach you everything from how to train people, interviewing skills, public speaking and speech writing. Its great, I'm so much more confident than I was before and my CV is way stronger. Would definately recommend going to the interview, plus the management team are a ton of fun which is always a bonus!

Love the way they added the bit in at the end to spell out how much "fun" they are, the ignorant lying Cnuts.

- If anyone from any Company that currently utilises Organizations like happens to read this, then please ditch them as they taint your overall reputation in the the eyes of your prospective Customers.

Had actually considered giving Airtricity my business before I read this thread too.

Ya I read those forums about PMD marketing as well. . .its a shame that companies can try and prosper out of people who have hit on hard times! It sounds like a pyramid scheme. . .aren those things illegal or are they just legal in Ireland (which for a long time, seems like a crooks paradise)

• Advertisement

Believe it or not just had a fine bird there at my door a minute ago from airtricity. Flirting away like crazy, doesnt work with me, though the whole DD thing just doesnt suit my pocket, Kinda prefer to make them wait a few extra weeks til I get the notice then stroll in to the bank and pay.

Advertisement