Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming headset

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

hey guys i'm looking for a good cheap gaming headset

any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i had a look and came across these

http://www.cdwow.com/games/turtle-beach-xlc-headset-xbox-360/dp/6445901

are these any good or are there better one for around 30 euro

Edit:these seem to be out of stock everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

For the money, they're good value.

However, if you can stretch to it, try and go for something slightly up the range in the Turtle Beach stuff. Have you seen the x11's? Higher spec headphones...

My advice, hold out and save your money and buy a set of x41's or even a secondhand set of x4's. There's only a marginal difference between them. Try ebay, you might get lucky.

i spend a good while looking around and i did come across the x11s
    i would be stretching but looks like it would be worth it.

the x41s are over my limit. i just dont see the point in spending so much on headphones for the 360.

looked around online for the x11s game.co.uk are selling them for £44.99.

any idea how much they are in store will head in today and check.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the x41s are over my limit. i just dont see the point in spending so much on headphones for the 360.

I thought that until I used my first pair of surround sound headphones. Now I wouldn't dream of playing without them. Originally I bought a set of Tritton AX360's which were a fantastic set of wired 5.1 headphones, Raze owns them now. Then I bought a set of x4's because they were wireless, although not quite as sharp as the Trittons. About a month ago I bought a set of the x41's to see if they would be more like the quality of the Tritton's but they're not. I read on boards somewhere that a member bought a used set of Tritton AX360's from America for as little as €50.

Also, check out TurtleBeach.com, they sell recertified headsets cheap. Not sure how much shipping would cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I bought the turtle beach x 11's and they arrived on tuesday.
    Cant believe how good they are and I dont know how I ever listened to the sound from the t.v.
    Got mine for €65 including pnp. best money I ever spent. They are wired up to the xbox so you dont have to fork out loads of money on batteries.
    Absolutely top notch.

• Advertisement

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    I bought the turtle beach x 11's and they arrived on tuesday.
    Cant believe how good they are and I dont know how I ever listened to the sound from the t.v.
    Got mine for €65 including pnp. best money I ever spent.

I know what you mean, it's gob smacking the difference it makes! Welcome to the Turtle Beach Appreciation Society :D

just an update when in game to price the x11s 64.99 euro

will probably get them next week.

unless i come across something better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I picked up the X11's today and they are really great! You'll never go back to TV sound again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

amazing set of headphones
    my mw2 improved no end with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

iam looking to get a good set as well.i have an old 21inc tv the i use but its with a scart connection can the turtle beach one work with a scart connection.

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Refurbished_Ear_Force_X1_Headphones_TBEFX1

• Advertisement

yes it will if you use the adapter.

you plug the headphones red and white plugs into the scart adapter.
    then plug the xboxs one into the headphones red and white plugs.
    have a look at the bottom left of the pic

also you would be much better getting the x11s are these are to replace the x1s

1202830686_Ear%20Force%20X1%20Wireing%20Diagram.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Huzzah for surround sound headphones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I ordered my X11s last Monday along with priority shipping but I'm not sure if I'll get them within the 10 days as promised due to that damn volcano erupting.

I know they're a fairly average headset but it should be a big improvement over TV speakers. Can't wait to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    yes it will if you use the adapter.

you plug the headphones red and white plugs into the scart adapter.
    then plug the xboxs one into the headphones red and white plugs.
    have a look at the bottom left of the pic

also you would be much better getting the x11s are these are to replace the x1s

1202830686_Ear%20Force%20X1%20Wireing%20Diagram.jpg

I cant believe people wear this! You have no shame LOL LOL LOL , next time slowly place these on yer head alone in your bedroom and listen for the faint sound of trumpets...... thats the chorus of people proclaiming thee.... KING OF NERDS.!!!!

462115.jpg

will be heading in Saturday to get them in game

cant wait to see the difference they will make

hightower1 wrote: »
    I cant believe people wear this! You have no shame LOL LOL LOL , next time slowly place these on yer head alone in your bedroom and listen for the faint sound of trumpets...... thats the chorus of people proclaiming thee.... KING OF NERDS.!!!!

Have you ever heard of the saying, "pot calling the kettle black"! Please look to the diagram below and I'll point out exactly what you are:
    502%20Nerd_Dork_Geek_Venn_Diagram-thumb-460x430-96222.jpg
    1. Due to the fact that you actually went out of your way to insult someone that you don't even know. That qualifies you for the "socially inept"
    2. That fact that you weren't smart enough to keep your mouth shut, unfortunately doesn't qualify you for having any "intelligence".
    3. Let's face it, you're reading a forum dedicated to gaming on the xbox 360... sounds like you have an "obession".

So, now that we've established that you are, in fact, a DORK for posting your previous comment. Why don't you try upgrading yourself to GEEK status by showing some respect to your fellow members and keeping your posts constructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

Hey guys
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just hijack this. Has anyone any experience of the Turtle Beach PX21's?

Found here on Ebay: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=turtle+beach+px21&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1311&_odkw=Turtle+Beach&_osacat=0&bkBtn=

What attracted me to them was that they appear to work on both PS3 and Xbox360 (and PC which is a bonus).

They any use?

Cheers
    S

just letting you know that you can buy them in game for between 80-90 euro.
    cant remember the exact price.

and remember with ordering from outside the eu you cant get charged tax by customs

currently bidding for a set on ebay hope to have them next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Have you ever heard of the saying, "pot calling the kettle black"! Please look to the diagram below and I'll point out exactly what you are:
    502%20Nerd_Dork_Geek_Venn_Diagram-thumb-460x430-96222.jpg
    1. Due to the fact that you actually went out of your way to insult someone that you don't even know. That qualifies you for the "socially inept"

lol says the man wearing the headphones to cancel out the noise of the cruel cruel world in his bedroom lol. Please see kettle and pit black comment....
    2. That fact that you weren't smart enough to keep your mouth shut, unfortunately doesn't qualify you for having any "intelligence".

Actually I think providing satirical commentary on something is of average intelligence, simply because you dont like something you hear does not mean that its instantly unintelligent ... of coarse ... I'm sure you realized this no?

3. Let's face it, you're reading a forum dedicated to gaming on the xbox 360... sounds like you have an "obession".

Lol thats pretty odd now mate? So if you post in any forum anywhere you instantly qualify for having an obsession with the said subject?
    Have a lolcano for that one....

lolcano.gif

http://www.mitchitized.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lolcano.gifSo,
    now that we've established that you are, in fact, a DORK for posting your previous comment. Why don't you try upgrading yourself to GEEK status by showing some respect to your fellow members and keeping your posts constructive.

lol I'm a ... ah hem.... "dork" lol.... really good that. Honestly who calls someone a dork?

"leave me alone you guys... your just .... just........DORKS!"

bullying%20nerd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

troll fail. All of boards was set up by gamers for gamers. You're quite sad mouthin off online behind yer keyboard when in reality you'd say nothin in real life. Post reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hightower1 wrote: »
    Have a lolcano for that one....

lolcano.gif
    Actually knowing what a lolcano is......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

while i appreciate the reported post and yes hightower is a dork, as long as he remembers to play nice (which he has so far) and stops pulling this thread offtopic (which he hasnt, but neither did mooseinnam)

So warnings for everybody PLAY NICE, DONT BE JERKS...

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

Get the Sharkoons x tactic v3 , I Have them are there amazing , Look good too

went into game today to get the x11s
    when i went the price was reduced to 60 :)

i have only used for a few min.
    and the sound is unbelievable.
    its so clear

only thing that annoys me is the hiss when the is no sound.

other then that :D

i got mine in game stop to day as wellx11 for 60 havent go a chance to try them out yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

astro a40's ftw
    save your money up buddy and get quality

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

astro a40's ftw
    save your money up buddy and get quality

you have astro ? was gonna get them second hand on decerto with mix amp for 150e but the i went with the sharkoons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

Being latched onto this and simlilar headset threads for a bit seeing which one's I'd go for. Finally took the plunge yesterday and invested €59.99 in the X'11s!

Two words: friggin fantastic!

Got a chance to sneak 1/2 an hour on them last night (Jack isn't too well at the minute you see..) and played online 'Free for all' in COD4. Amazing! The clarity of hearing every sound and footstep is second to none. Well almost-I didn't hear the guy sneak up behind me and plant his knife in my back! That frightened the life out of me-literally!

Great buy - I'd highly recommend it and never play without them again!

My two cents worth complete. :D

Advertisement