Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardattin 200, 11/4/2010

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Repost from the audax ireland list:
    58orange wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    Sorrento C.C/Audax Ireland are running the Ardattin 200 on 11th of
    April from Bray.Details available at http://sorrentocyclingclub.com/site/audax/ardrattin-200/
    .Any enquiries contact the organiser.
    See you on the day,
    Paul O'Donoghue.
    Sorrento C.C/Audax Ireland

I'd say that this is as easy an introduction to audax as you're going to get - the route is fairly flat and easy to navigate (down the coast road from Bray to Brittas Bay then inland all the way to Ardattin in Carlow and back). There's a great lunch stop at the pub in Ardattin - all the soup, sandwiches and tea you can fit in for about six quid or so - and maybe another feed out of Paul's van en route, and more tea and sandwiches at the finish. It is possible to hammer this one if you're so inclined, or you can just sit in the group and get pulled along at a fair clip.

See you there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

think that guy had a typo in his url... its
    http://sorrentocyclingclub.com/site/audax/ardrattin-200/

looks interesting might be up for this if no races on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I could well be up for this. Haven't been over 200km this year, which is a bloody travesty. If it's flat then my goal will be to do it at a respectable speed. This will almost certainly guarantee getting lost, but that all part of it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Yes i was looking at it as well this morning. If a decent amount of not as good as you lot people want to do it too ... I would be tempted.

.... wait ... Can we be back ontime for the Paris Roubaix?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

... Paris Roubaix?

I knew I was forgetting something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Thinking about this myself .. though haven't even gotten upto a 100 this year yet. Perhaps this weekend if all holds good.

I am assuming this wouldn't be one where you could cycle down to the start to from Dublin 15.

@Caroline ... if you are doing it, you can pull me all the way around ... :)

By the way, is it just me or is there no date mentioned on that site or on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I will be heading from Co. Cork to Dublin that day I hope. But I planned on heading across Tip, Kilkenny and Carlow counties.

So what route will ye take back to Dublin from Ardattin?
    If possible I may join ye for the return leg? Not sure is that allowed under Adam rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

I have a rare weekend off. If there's a gang going....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I am assuming this wouldn't be one where you could cycle down to the start to from Dublin 15.

I'll be cycling out from D4, but that's a lot closer to Bray than D15.
    By the way, is it just me or is there no date mentioned on that site or on this thread

Well, admittedly you would have had to actually read the first post to find the date, but it is there. I've amended the thread title though, as it was bit dim not to put the date in it.
    ROK ON wrote: »
    So what route will ye take back to Dublin from Ardattin? If possible I may join ye for the return leg? Not sure is that allowed under Adam rules?

Can't imagine anyone objecting but I don't remember the return route - I'll let you know once I get the routesheet.

Cool. I will be startin in Chaarleville early and heading for Dublin via Carlow. If make it to Ardattin in time great. If not now worries.

Cool. I will be startin in Chaarleville early and heading for Dublin via Carlow. If make it to Ardattin in time great. If not now worries.

Well, if you see about twenty bikes sitting outside the pub, you know we're still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I won't be doing this as it is the week before WAR, however, I do live in Ardattin so I may sit on the high stool wearing my boards jersey drinking a dirty big pint while you guys are having soup and sambos...

Ahh, I won't tease you like that.... what time would you expect to be in Ardattin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

This is a week beforehand! Why wouldn't you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

blorg wrote: »
    This is a week beforehand! Why wouldn't you do it?

200k cycle 6 days before an endurance race is probably not a great idea.. well, not for me anyway.
    But I will cheer you guys on.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

I should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Meh, when in Rome I guess...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I see the Des Hanlon Classic is on in Carlow on the same day. Anyone fancy a race mid-audax?

Does anyone else have a problem with the route sheet on the website not opening?

What time would ye expect to make it to Ardattin by?
    It is 125km as a trip for me sor I reckon I could be there by 2 all going well. Do people think ye will have left at that stage. I really would like a tow back I to Dublin :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Does anyone else have a problem with the route sheet on the website not opening?

It is 125km as a trip for me sor I reckon I could be there by 2 all going well. Do people think ye will have left at that stage. I really would like a tow back I to Dublin :-)

I don't think there is one up yet at least I can't find it. It does say that the Ardattin stop is 113KM and I think the start is 8:00am so if you may have to get up a little bit earlier.

This is my website you're talking about, right? I'd forgotten it was up there, but it works okay for me. NB That is last year's routesheet - there could be changes this year.

If the pub is at 112km and there's only one control en route, I'd say we'll be there around 1 or a little before. We might be there for an hour but I wouldn't count on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I haven't done a century all year either, but I'd like to have a crack at this. Would be good to see the boardsies, might carry me through the pain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

anyone know what the weather on Sunday will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Joe Bastardi's take on Sundays weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Joe Bastardi's take on Sundays weather.

That's Monday.....is it going to take us that long?!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Well the forecast is excellent so see you on sunday.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/bray/153127063289899257

If anyone wants to create a crs or gpx file.
    Disclaimer - there is a couple of rough guess interpetations of the route sheet in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That's Monday.....is it going to take us that long?!

Sorry about that. Seems to be a link that doesn't work the way it should.:o

Just in case I've booked Monday off work.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

So who's actually signed up for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

The_Claw wrote: »

I intend to sign the morning of. Tis about that time for my annual boards spin after all ;) and after the Lumpy in November this has got to be warmer and flatter ... hmm

I am.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

niceonetom and I will pay when we get there on sunday morning. Hope to see you there TheClaw :)

Advertisement