Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown or White Sugar With Tea/Coffee? (Bovril?)

Options
  • 19-02-2010 5:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Every time I go to get a cup of tea or coffee somewhere there is always mountains of brown sugar, and generally less white sugar than brown sugar (as people are actually using white sugar).

Just wondering if there are actually people out there who use brown sugar in their tea/coffee/bovril.
    Because I have never actually come across anyone who took brown sugar in their drink.

Brown or White Sugar In Tea/Coffee? (Public) 41 votes

I'm all about the brown sugar
    0%
    Give me white sugar any day
    56%
    azezilNevyn[Deleted User]AuversEyespybikoParsleyAlessandraOutlawPeteDermot2468AnonoBoyWindSockmoonflowerAbiwill1977AssaultedPeanutitsallaboutheLmonicafussyRaemiediscobeaker 23 votes
    Neither
    43%
    DocSpearm5ex9oqjawdg2ixzantiswingkingphasersHogzyFlecktarnm@cc@Ash_MMmcdG_RDekipearliefanHank_Jonesjd007NoDiceProstethichead 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Neither
    Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Because I have never actually come across anyone who took brown sugar in their drink.

The brown sugar consumers are like the Freemasons. You're probably sitting beside one right now but you'd never know until you see them naked and look for the tattoo of a sugar cube.

Sugar in Bovril? Are you nuts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bovril? Are you nuts?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Neither
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Bovril? Are you nuts?!

I just put that in there for the Bovril minority.

Clearly nobody would put sugar in Bovril, I just wanted to recognise the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Neither
    Are you not meant to put white sugar in tea and brown in coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Clearly nobody would put sugar in Bovril

That's fucking delish, man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Where's the "I don't take sugar in my tea" option?

Neither
    Where's the "I don't take sugar in my tea" option?

Sorry, I always do the sugar thing, didn't come to mind.

Feel free to alter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

White sugar for tea, brown sugar for cakes!

Also: Why the hell do coffee drinkers use the same spoon for sugar as they use for scooping out coffee grinds? I HATE getting flecks of Nescafe in my tea! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Honey with my tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

mikom wrote: »
    That's ****ing delish, man!

Brown Sauce.
    Bovril with Brown Sauce. In a wok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sugar is for the weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Feel free to alter.

I will. By that I mean, I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Demerara for me, just the one mind and brew the tea, not dye the water.

Hurry up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Brown Sauce.
    Bovril with Brown Sauce. In a wok.

Ya scummy f*cker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Someone i know who works in a coffee shop told me that brown sugar is for coffee and white sugar is for tea but which ever one is close to hand will do for me.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ya scummy f*cker

Whos to say Xav that you or me could be dancing on the green outside Tallaght Hospital.
    Or I could be just here ta rob ya !!!
    Ya just never know !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Whos to say Xav that you or me could be dancing on the green outside Tallaght Hospital.
    Or I could be just here ta rob ya !!!
    Ya just never know !

COME ON YIS HUNGRY C*NTS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Don't know of many people who use brown sugar.

Raw sugar is what i use in coffee and in tea

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jesus, now I want a cup ot hot sweet Bovril and there's none in the house. Thanks a bunch, ye fecker!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I voted for option one because it bares a slight resemblance to my username...

but really it's all about the Latte's:o

*drinks his black coffee and feels not remorse for making **** up*

Neither
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Jesus, now I want a cup ot hot sweet Bovril and there's none in the house. Thanks a bunch, ye fecker!

Hey, don't blame me.
    Blame John Lawson Johnston, the creator of Bovril, for making it so damn tasty.

Hey, don't blame me.
    Blame John Lawson Johnston, the creator of Bovril, for making it so damn tasty.

Hank (if that is your real name) you're not Willie O Dea. Stop trying to weasel out of things.

Neither
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Hank (if that is your real name) you're not Willie O Dea. Stop trying to weasel out of things.

You haven't got a tape recorder have you?

Are you recording this?

It's live on Sky News as we speak (which probably means you're safe :D)

Now stop messing with the Bovril!

Neither
    Bovril is on Sky News as we speak?

It can't get enough advertising as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Neither
    White sugar for me. Brown if there is no white, and we have some cinnamon sugar here too. Herself bought that though, for what reason? I do not know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

I only eat raw sugar.
    White sugar is posionous and one of the most addictive substances around and is ubiquitous in our diet with many forms of sugar delivery systems from fizzy drink to chocolate to sweets to bread to beans etc. (brown sugar is usually just white sugar with mollasses added to fool people they're consuming a healthier option).
    It has absolutely no nutritional value, addicts only taking it for the kick it gives, and profits only the manufacturers because of it's longer shelf life and only serves to cost society with the damage it causes to peoples health.
    Disgusting.
    http://macrobiotics.co.uk/sugar.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Neither
    MaybeLogic wrote: »
    I only eat raw sugar.
    White sugar is posionous and one of the most addictive substances around and is ubiquitous in our diet with many forms of sugar delivery systems from fizzy drink to chocolate to sweets to bread to beans etc. (brown sugar is usually just white sugar with mollasses added to fool people they're consuming a healthier option).
    It has absolutely no nutritional value, addicts only taking it for the kick it gives, and profits only the manufacturers because of it's longer shelf life and only serves to cost society with the damage it causes to peoples health.
    Disgusting.
    http://macrobiotics.co.uk/sugar.htm

Christ. Sounds like you are talking about heroin :P

I add white sugar to my tea and to the odd bowl of cereal I eat. I don't think that is going to kill anybody.

Like everything, too much of it is obviously bad, which is what that article mainly talks about, from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Communicationb

I dont take sugar in tea but I will drink coffee when out and it is always brown.

Advertisement