Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Indoor Season Results Thread: Road to Doha World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Hazel Murphy won the 3k in 9:02.06.

Ava Hutchinsion was 6th, ahead of Deirdre Byrne and Kerry Harty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Hazel Murphy's winning time qualifies her for the World indoors.

Rory Chesser ran 8.13 in the men's 3000m, with Dunleavy running 8.18. Both PBs.

Thomas Chamney ran 3.43 in Leipzig.

David McCarthy (the one born in 1988 according to the stated DOB) won the B heat of the 800m at the Valencia IAAF meet:

1 16 IRL - McCARTHY David 03/08/1988 8 1:49.57
    2 7 ESP - DIEZ COMENDEZ Fernando 26/11/1982 3 1:49.90 MMT
    3 11 ESP - JURADO ZAFRA Juan De Dios 09/04/1981 5 1:49.94 MMT
    4 4 ESP - TROYA CARRETERO Juan Jose 15/10/1984 4 1:50.45 MMP
    5 5 KEN - TUWEI Dickson 22/02/1979 7 1:50.48 MMP
    6 8 ESP - LAGUNA APARICIO Ignacio 18/05/1987 6 1:50.60 MMP
    7 20 MAR - AITDOUIDA Reda 01/01/1982 2 1:51.53
    8 19 ESP - BEHAOUI RAMOS Omar 22/06/1991 1 1:51.80 MMP
    9 17 ESP - CAMPO SASTRE Alvar 07/02/1987 9 1:51.92 MMP
    18 ESP - ZAMORA ROMERO Cristian 14/11/1986 10 AB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Rineanna wrote: »
    David McCarthy (the one born in 1988 according to the stated DOB) won the B heat of the 800m at the Valencia IAAF meet:
    AB

Do you know if that's the Waterford McCarthy one or a mistake on the DOB and it's the former 400 McCarthy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Do you know if that's the Waterford McCarthy one or a mistake on the DOB and it's the former 400 McCarthy?

I think that may be a mistake as i cant see Waterford one being able to leave his studies in the US for European races when there is perfectly good NCAA races of high standard while fulfilling college obligations.
    His name hasnt appeared on the indoor season in college this year however does anyone know if he may not have heading back to college yet for some reason?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'd iamgine it's a mistake, but I can't see how the meet director/organiser in Valencia got them mixed up!

Niamh Whelan in and around her PB in the 200m with a 23.96 run to qualify for final.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Hazel Murphy won the 3k in 9:02.06.

Ava Hutchinsion was 6th, ahead of Deirdre Byrne and Kerry Harty.

Great to see her get the standard still time for her to be called up to in team for the worlds

Colin Quirke threw 17.56m at the Tyson Invitational yesterday; his first time over 17m!

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=11874

Kelly Proper jumped 6.48m.

Mary McLoone off form in tenth.

Rose-Anne Galligan sets a new PB, but agonisingly .13 outside the standard for the world indoors. She finished second with Doha-bound McNeice in third.

• Advertisement

DO'R wins the 60mh with an 8.11. Great stuff, and she's improving and getting closer to 8seconds. A couple more races between now and Doha and she should be hovering around 8 seconds, ready to go sub 8 at the WIC themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kilkenny runner

Great Run by Derval considering she is only back into training with the hurdles for 2 weeks........
    anybody have any idea about her next outing ??
    Birmingham maybe ??? though i dont see her name or the entry list........

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

ecoli wrote: »
    I think that may be a mistake as i cant see Waterford one being able to leave his studies in the US for European races when there is perfectly good NCAA races of high standard while fulfilling college obligations.
    His name hasnt appeared on the indoor season in college this year however does anyone know if he may not have heading back to college yet for some reason?

I've heard he's back in Ireland and training up in Derry. Missed a chunk of training with injury and swine flu so decided to take time off from Providence.
    Can anyone confirm this?

I know he was spotted down in Nenagh a few weeks ago anyway!

VR46 wrote: »
    I've heard he's back in Ireland and training up in Derry. Missed a chunk of training with injury and swine flu so decided to take time off from Providence.
    Can anyone confirm this?

I know he was spotted down in Nenagh a few weeks ago anyway!

This would explain him being listed for the Armagh Road race next week

David Gillick confirmed to run in birmingham the weekend ... up against ricardo chambers.......

http://www.uka.org.uk/results/20100220_Birmingham/Timetablemvc/EntryList/4257@eventID=105&EventOrder=9.html

Kelly Proper also confirmed for the long jump....
    No sign of Derval in the Hurdles yet..... I Thought she be running because its one of the last big meets before Doha and she would need more races to get in shape for Doha ??????????

Great news on both Gillick and Proper; cut-throat competition in the LJ!
    No sign of Derval in the Hurdles yet..... I Thought she be running because its one of the last big meets before Doha and she would need more races to get in shape for Doha ??????????

I'm just surmising, but it may be a case that she can't get a lane. A lot of fast times this year on the circuit, but there are still two more spots to be filled. She has a good agent though, so we might see her there yet.

Derval IS confirmed to run in Birmingham....... Top Class field , will be very interesting....

HERE IS A LINK TO THE LINE UP

http://www.uka.org.uk/results/20100220_Birmingham/Timetablemvc/EntryList/4221@eventID=105&EventOrder=16.html

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭TrackFan123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

Celtic cup team announced-
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=11921

I didnt realise Koroush Foroughi was still a junior?
    Eilish Fitzpatrick getting in ahead of Joan Healy seems strange also in the 60m.
    It also states full teams are being sent and no junior womens triple jumper,junior womens 1500m runner and senior mens 400m on the list announced?
    Was there a selection procedure as in other years? ie. AAI Games results? Nat Juniors,Nat Seniors or just highest ranked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I didnt realise Koroush Foroughi was still a junior?
    He isn't based on existing IAAF age categories unless they have changed in the last 24 hours and allow 20 year olds to compete junior!!! He was born in 1990 as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

Tingle wrote: »
    He isn't based on existing IAAF age categories unless they have changed in the last 24 hours and allow 20 year olds to compete junior!!! He was born in 1990 as far as I know.
    I have a feeling Seye Ogunlewe was also born in 1990?

I have a feeling Seye Ogunlewe was also born in 1990?

I could say something about his age but because of the controversy regarding talk about juniors last summer I'm going to stay quiet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

What a performance from young Brian Gregan in Vienna tonight.

He ran 46.68 for a massive new PB and automatic qualification to the World Indoors in Doho.

Irish performance of the year so far in my opinion!!

runjb wrote: »
    What a performance from young Brian Gregan in Vienna tonight.

He ran 46.68 for a massive new PB and automatic qualification to the World Indoors in Doho.

Irish performance of the year so far in my opinion!!

Wow, that is seriosuly, seriously impressive :D

Also Foroughi is definately not a junior anymore, must be a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lacticsmygame

Gregan is bound to be an outdoor 45 second man this year at the rate he's improving. With an outdoor pb of low 46 from summer 2009, and his vastly improved indoor efforts so far this year, surely a mid 45 is on the cards at least? so long as he remains injury free, that is. He could well find himself mixing it with Gillick et al in a Euro final in 5 months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

runjb wrote: »

Great news and great performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Doha wasn't part of Grego's plans for the season. However the experience he garners there will stand him in good stead. If Gillick runs in Doha it's a no brainer to enter a 4x400 team with David McCarthy also competing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 athleticsfan

Anyone know why Derval's name has disappeared off the startlist for saturday??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

That will be very disappointing if she doesn't compete there as it is a very good field and would provide a good race for her.

But maybe she is competing else where?! Any other meets over this weekend people know of? Sometimes she likes to have two races the one day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Anyone know why Derval's name has disappeared off the startlist for saturday??:confused::confused:

http://www.dervalorourke.blogspot.com/

Her blog answers this

Advertisement