Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hardy to leave WWE??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Angle and Christian did it. TNA was making somewhat of a noise at the time they joined, once people knew they were appearing, they tuned in. Now if they stuck around or not was another story altogether.

But it did generate interest.

And Sting had an even greater effect than those two initially. Jeff would definitely get some people watching Impact if he joined TNA. But I really doubt that he would

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote: »
    And Sting had an even greater effect than those two initially. Jeff would definitely get some people watching Impact if he joined TNA. But I really doubt that he would

So would I.
    People also tend to forget that the Jeff Hardy of today is not the same sloppy, careless, unmotivated, ring rusted Jeff Hardy that joined TNA nearly five years ago. His stock has gone up a lot more since then and is much more of a name now than he was then.

But TNA would f*ck it up unfortunately, and Jeff has been there before to know how silly things can get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TheLastBaron

If Jeff was fed up with wrestling, why would he bother going to TNA? It's essentially a ****ter version of WWE with an autistic ring...

What's the story with "the kid who died", by the way?

If Jeff was fed up with wrestling, why would he bother going to TNA? It's essentially a ****ter version of WWE with an autistic ring...

???
    I'll say this once, seeing as you're new here and all, but that comment is bang out of order.

Fair enough...

Didn't think anyone would get offended...

Don't think anyone did...

But you're the boss.

• Advertisement

Fair enough...

Didn't think anyone would get offended...

Don't think anyone did...

But you're the boss.

Didn't think of the amount of parents who read this forum, that may have a child living with autism.

Didn't think, period.

FAIR ENOUGH...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

guys i honestly cant see how anyone can enjoy wrestling, you might as well go to a play!!!!!!!:eek:

Daragh101 wrote: »
    guys i honestly cant see how anyone can enjoy wrestling, you might as well go to a play!!!!!!!:eek:

And seeing as you clearly don't, you've got a month off to watch as many play's as you like!

Was wondering how long it would take before i got one of those posts on my watch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Daragh101 wrote: »

yup.

thanks for your concern.

• Advertisement

That's the beauty of wrestling... Ya watch it for the storylines, like. Although, we haven't had a decent one in a while (the HHH/Orton plot doesn't count because Wrestlemania was a joke).

What about my dog? What about Jack?!

HHH/Orton does count primarily because the story is still going on. The Mania match was terrible, but what's the point in putting a load of creative juice into a story for it to last a month.

On topic though...
    They're not doing too bad with Matt and Jeff at present, better than the horrid one they did to build up the Vengeance 2001 match. That was terrible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That's the beauty of wrestling... Ya watch it for the storylines, like. Although, we haven't had a decent one in a while (the HHH/Orton plot doesn't count because Wrestlemania was a joke).

What about my dog? What about Jack?!

I diagree. The Hardy storyline was/is good. The decision for jeff to allow his homeburning down and what happened his dog be mentioned on tv shows alot of maturity on his part. The WWE didn't go over board on it but it played in nicely with the sequence of bad events that happened to jeff.

Such maturity shows why i'd like to see wwe looking after jeff now. If he needs time off let him have it, just make sure you get him to return and on a new contract.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I diagree. The Hardy storyline was/is good. The decision for jeff to allow his homeburning down and what happened his dog be mentioned on tv shows alot of maturity on his part. The WWE didn't go over board on it but it played in nicely with the sequence of bad events that happened to jeff.

Such maturity shows why i'd like to see wwe looking after jeff now. If he needs time off let him have it, just make sure you get him to return and on a new contract.

I assumed all those events were staged...:confused:

Nope, Jeff came back from either a trip (oh har har lads, very funny), or a WWE show to find his house had burned down to the ground with his dog inside. For real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »

Yeah the storyline has been ok to be fair. Matt has to many peoples surprise been great in the role, quality promos and he has garnered impressive heat. They also put on the second best match on the Mania card and their match is likely to be the second best of the backlash card. :cool:

I assumed all those events were staged...:confused:

Jeff's mobile home that he kept all his artwork and possessions in really did burn down last year, with his dog inside. Matt raised the alarm. It was right after Jeff got suspended

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That jack business would of made no sense if they just made it up.

The storyline is much better than the first time. Its more acceptable now as they are clearly singles wrestlers rather than a tag team. Matt coisting jeff the title also helped give it some extra cred.

Jeff's mobile home that he kept all his artwork and possessions in really did burn down last year, with his dog inside. Matt raised the alarm. It was right after Jeff got suspended

jesus...did NOT know that..

brings a new light on it. I retract my previous statement so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Haha, i think everyone falls into the most amount of trouble in their first 20ish posts.

And by the way dude, there was a hundred other words that could be used to describe TNA's ring. "Six-sided" would have been a LOT more feckin appropriate.

Now onto the more reply-able part of your post:
    Maybe Jeff isnt bored with wrestling, but more bored of WWE's interpretation of the product?

• Advertisement

Anyone else see "Twist of fate: Matt and Jeff Story"?

It was pretty much filmed right after the whole thing with jeff.
    Sad to think as you know what happened but he makes slight references to it.

And by the way dude, there was a hundred other words that could be used to describe TNA's ring. "Six-sided" would have been a LOT more feckin appropriate.

I know you probably had the best of intentions here C-B-G, but please leave the moderating to the moderators.

Anyone else see "Twist of fate: Matt and Jeff Story"?

It was pretty much filmed right after the whole thing with jeff.
    Sad to think as you know what happened but he makes slight references to it.

I really didn't enjoy the Jeff part of that DVD at all, Matt's one was a lot better. And i consider myself more of a Jeff mark. But the fact of the matter is, Jeff is a little out there, and jumps from hobby to hobby. If he does take time off, he won't be gone for too long. :)

I wonder if he leaves and comes back later in the year, will he still be on his third strike?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is there any more to this than Jeff hasnt signed a new deal yet and only has 3 months left on his current one? i.e has Jeff or anyone else been quoted saying that he is bored with Wrestling or is considering his options or anything at all?

Personally this just seems like a contract bargaining situation, Jeff didnt have a long contract because of his prior problems but has proved himself since, so much so that he got a short WWE title reign recentley. Now he is coming to the end of his contract and after proving himself a reliable and capable star on SD he is is probably about to open negotiation on a new and improved one.

This rumour could have been started by someone trying to force either parties hand for a quick signing or simply anyone who found out the date Hardy's contract expires imo.

Its rumours like this that make me hate internet wrestlin fans though as during Raw all the people in the room it was being streamed in where repeating this rumour as if it were gospel and belittle'n (sp) anyone who didnt believe Jeff was gone as they put it. The only speculation was about if he was TNA bound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

No chance this could all be part of the storyline and Matt wanting to drive Jeff right out of the WWE?

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    No chance this could all be part of the storyline and Matt wanting to drive Jeff right out of the WWE?

in the past the "I Quit" match idea has been that the loser has to undergo some sort of exile from the brand/company, so it wouldnt be too crazy of a concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

in the past the "I Quit" match idea has been that the loser has to undergo some sort of exile from the brand/company, so it wouldnt be too crazy of a concept.

I'm pretty sure WWE now calls these a "I am pretending to quit but I'm actually taking some time off or switching to another brand or something else. Either way I will be back in a few months match" :)

I'm pretty sure WWE now calls these a "I am pretending to quit but I'm actually taking some time off or switching to another brand or something else. Either way I will be back in a few months match" :)

Exactly.

I'd assume this is whats going to happen for their match too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

I wonder if he leaves and comes back later in the year, will he still be on his third strike?

Good question. Or if someone gets the sack after their 3rd strike. Can they be re-hired ever again?

Advertisement