Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Jackie Skelly gym employee spilling the beans on primetime 15/12/08

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭

Coming up right now on primetime rte 1 "service with a snarl"

EDIT: Program now over.

Can be seen here http://www.rte.ie/news/primetimeinvestigates/

You can skip to 51min50sec into it. Tells about the scripts/guides given to phone sales people to coerce people into joining.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Hanley wrote: »

Ohh this is gonna be interestin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

was it on yet? looked like it was ending that bit when i clicked on?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

cowzerp wrote: »
    was it on yet? looked like it was ending that bit when i clicked on?

nope not til after the break now in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Thanks

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saving the best till last I think! Hasn't been on yet, she said a few very interesting words before the break. I think it will be available online again.

Sorry Hanley, missed your thread. Ran upstairs to type it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

rubadub wrote: »

Sorry Hanley, missed your thread. Ran upstairs to type it.

Lulz it's ok. This thread seems to be getting more traffic so may as well run with it...

PUSH THE FAT BUTTON!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What they didn't mention is the well-known fact that it seems you can pay much less than JS demand if you ask for a lower price... seems like they've to make the sale at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

well when I tried to join the guy wouldn't budge on the price. I went elsewhere...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What exactly was said?

I am in a bit of rage with them right now as the one in swords is closed from 23rd of December until the 2nd of January. Disgraceful.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

What exactly was said?.
    The link in the OP has it, 51min 50seconds in.

Basically talking of alleged lack of customer service, how people were ignored when trying to cancel, and how the sales people are given guides on how to flog memberships in the first place, giving apparent discounts and that memberships are really limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No mention no why they need 2 months notice either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

rubadub wrote: »
    Tells about the scripts/guides given to phone sales people to coerce people into joining.

I haven't seen the show, but it is totally normal for sales people to have scripts/guides which help make the sale, e.g. 10 reasons why you should buy from us.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I haven't seen the show, but it is totally normal for sales people to have scripts/guides which help make the sale, e.g. 10 reasons why you should buy from us.
    Yeah, thats what I figured, just interesting to see the actual script.
    Hanley wrote: »
    PUSH THE FAT BUTTON!
    That was meant to be an actual term used by them at one stage in the handbooks. Had stuff like, pretend to shout to a colleague "are there any places left!" most was normal enough, some was dodgy that I would say they certainly did not want public.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

that's really strange that they can give discounts if they want to make a sale because i went to JS in Parkwest and told them i was a member of a current gym and told them the annual memebership of that gym is 450 per year.
    I also told her i was a former member of the JS Parkwest gym as well so she told me i would be elgible for discounts but she quoted me 750. So i told her why should i pay 300 extra just to join your gym when i have one for 450 and she didn't offer me any other discount, it was a complete joke so i just walked away. Avoid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

he he suckers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

i liked the bit in prime time where they said there was a policy of ignoring emails and phone calls from customers.

I had to hassle them for a year to get money back from them. I was routinely ignored until one day someone inexplicably put me through to the helpful person in admin who sorted it out. I wonder who dropped the ball and helped me?

Fire them, they make the rest of the slackers look really bad!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I am in a bit of rage with them right now as the one in swords is closed from 23rd of December until the 2nd of January. Disgraceful.

Have they changed the Christmas hours since yesterday evening? According to the note I have they're closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and St. Stephen's Day, New Year's Eve and Day and open 10 - 6 on the days in between. Which is not unreasonable. They were open on Christmas Eve last year though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What exactly was said?

That's ridiculous, how do they justify that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just to be sure, I just rang Swords now and they are not closed for 2 solid weeks - just the 5 obvious days in my post above.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement