Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theasylumdublin

Multiple download windows this weekend i would advise......you can keep track fairly easily a good few downloads going on at the same time.......or just cherry pick your favorites off the list....:)

ok I better cancel any plans tomorrow with pleasure (shopping housework etc) and get the laptop on beer stocked up and download the day away . happy days ! ive just bought a WD 250 gig HD so ive got the space now thankk god. sweet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

ok I better cancel any plans tomorrow with pleasure (shopping housework etc) and get the laptop on beer stocked up and download the day away . happy days ! ive just bought a WD 250 gig HD so ive got the space now thankk god. sweet !

Yep got me a Western Digital 500GB Hard drive over a year ago now & still have about 1/3 of free space left & enough tunes & videos on it to keep me going till i die for €160.00 in ARGOS.....have half a box of cold Miller at home too, which was only €17.99 for 20 330ml bottles......just as handsome a price as the Hard drive i would have to say;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

This is by far the best of them all!! Cchechttp://www.discogs.com/release/205415 Mr Nasty at the wings!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Yep got me a Western Digital 500GB Hard drive over a year ago now & still have about 1/3 of free space left & enough tunes & videos on it to keep me going till i die for €160.00 in ARGOS.....have half a box of cold Miller at home too, which was only €17.99 for 20 330ml bottles......just as handsome a price as the Hard drive i would have to say;)

The prison shops (Aldi & Lidl) do them from time to time aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

when worked in dixons few years ago,a 100gb portable external was 200 euro and looked like suitcase,now you can get 750gb for about 120 and it the size you hand,what age we live in:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    when worked in dixons few years ago,a 100gb portable external was 200 euro and looked like suitcase,now you can get 750gb for about 120 and it the size you hand,what age we live in:cool:

PC World this weekend 640GB hard drive for 99 euro;)

SOLD!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EdenderryUK

Anyone listen to from the old skool days of 92-96??? Seems to be not much of a scene in Ireland. Screaming out for original warehouse raves... now's the time to be organising something. Would you risk it for a biscuit? Best plave to listen to old skool is http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.php?sea=&yr=1993&pag=26&sort=event

Originally from Cambridge, used to go to all the Eclipse, Love Of Life, Vision and World Dance. Then when the scene grew into garage spent alot of time at Bagleys Studios, Kings Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

am a member of that site though it only has UK raves doesn't it??

Old skool is still here although not really into it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

You really have to stop sending text messages, as they are affecting your speech. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Despite what some people might try and say:rolleyes: old skool rave is bigger than ever particulary in the UK but also in Dublin, one only has to look at the amount of nites on, take NYE for example some of the biggest nites in the UK are old skool like Fantazia in Birmingham, the line up is absolutely amazing
    http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/birmingham/the-q-club/2008/dec/31/event-193798/chat/k-2878171
    then you have London's biggest NYE event Moondance
    http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1970898538
    Then you have Labyrinth also in London which will be massive
    http://www.dontstayin.com/groups/labyrinth/chat/k-2867302
    there are probably many more but those are just a few big events.

I'm not just into old skool (like some people would say) i like a lot of todays dance music but obviously old skool is no 1.;)

Oldskool is alive and thriving,Im sure the oldskool your referring to as in English beatbreak hardcore stuff,thats not really popualar in the oldskool scene here,we have different genres of oldskool,the housey kinda chessey housey stuff(robin s,bizzare inc,spqr,etc),hard trance(asylum),piano house (oylmpic),and so on,the scene kinda re-emerged in 2004,small oldskool nights were held in non-descript venues like the Belvedere and the Legal Eagle,then as the it grew in popularity,it moved on to bigger more organised venues like the radio city and even Zanzibar,its grew so popular now its being held in venues like the Vaults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

It all depends? music wise, its huge! atmosphere wise, im not to sure?

Atmosphere wise its unbelivable,compared to the borefests you do have in the tri-pod or the button factory,just everyone going bannana's dancing round like lunatics,never had so much fun

KEN.G wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

Savage upload mate I'll have a few of these ;)

I just supply the links chief:D:D:D
    Thanks to the boys @ http://poundingtechno.com/index.php?showforum=25
    For these sets......Reccomend registering here for a whole world of Techno Downloads......very similar to NIOLDSKOOL but mostly european users & gigs:cool:

me spelin is dedly tnk you verry much,haha,got lend that hercules,little mixer for the laptop,what a gizmo for 80 quid in argos,big thanks for the tunes Luke,think I took them all

It all depends? music wise, its huge! atmosphere wise, im not to sure?

atmosphere wise it's by far and away the best!

RaverRo, franky im bored of the whole Dublin old skool scene, the same tunes over and over again it's becoming somewhat boring at this stage, grand if your a youngfella who's only getting into these tunes but for the rest of us it's a case of "same old,same old" which is why i much prefer the scene in the UK (It's not all about Hardcore either)

PS-I see your originally from Cabra chances are we might know each other man;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Howdy Lads.

This is the final part of Mick Walsh's set from the Cavern gig last year. - It completes the set for both Warren and Mick. (27:10:2007) I totally forgot to post this :o

Here is an article printed in the herald AM this morning:

" Frequent use of the drug ecstasy causes memory problems, The study by Swansea University assessed the effects of ecstasy on 'Story memory' & 'Skills learning'. Participants were asked to recall details of a short newspaper story about a fire. They found that people who had taken ecstasy two or three days before reading the article could only recall 83% of the details that non drug takers were able to but when tested for learning typing as a new skill ecstasy users had no problems with new 'motor skills'."

The conclusion they came to was this;
    " The drug's active ingredient is MethyleneDioxyMethAmphetamine
    It affects the chemical in the brain Serotonin which aids the transmission of messages between nerve cells."

They commented
    " We beleive that serotonin plays an important role in how the human body processes thoughts & regulates sleeping & eating patterns."

Moral of the story;
    If they had come to me 15 years ago in Molloys in tallaght village on a monday night after being in the ASYLUM saturday night i could have told them it affects thought, Sleep & Eating patterns for the price of a pint (£ 2.00 for a guinness at the time) & saved them a whole wad of cash & time:D:D:D:D:D;)

• Advertisement

So if I read a book or watch a film Im gonna foret 17% of it,ohhhhh,damn you drugs,what about if you drank 3 litres of vodka and tried to read a short news article about a fire,the expects probably say you couldnt because you'd be dead,Hearld AM me bollox

So if I read a book or watch a film Im gonna foret 17% of it,ohhhhh,damn you drugs,what about if you drank 3 litres of vodka and tried to read a short news article about a fire,the expects probably say you couldnt because you'd be dead,Hearld AM me bollox

Yep & if you were in the middle of makin a few spliffs while drinkin the Vodka most likley you would be in the next article about a fire:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PierceRooney

Hi all ,

Pierce here , just reading through the thread and ooo what memory's indeed from the clubs to the tunes to the people of the scene .

I first got in2 the acid / rave scene as a young lad when i came across a programme on UTV Granada called The Hit Man & Her around the end of 1988 im sure , hosted by Pete Waterman from PWL Records & Michaela Strachan , which i must admit at the time i had the hots for her .. ha ha lol , does anybody remember Slyvester the Black dancer they had on the show , and also the dance off's they would have , half way through , people getting up and making complete ejits of themselfs , so funny when ye look at it today , also remember them doing a show from The Elicpse in Coventry im sure , Carl Cox & Dj Phantasy was playing that night , Pete & Michaela , mashed off there faces , sweating like there was no to moro .. ha ha lol .. Cox droped Terrorize - Just a Feeling that night on Hamster ,, Quality it was :) ... hearing such acts as D- Mob , N-Joi , Guru Josh , SOR , Inner City , True Faith , Tompson Twins , Black Box , S- Express , MARRS , Mantronix etc etc ,, where just the stepping stones for me to come , also MTV Party Zone / Chill Out Zone were two cool programmes on around same time for anybody old enough to remember when MTV played good music , ha ha , BPM follow on from Hit Man & Her , which was cool aswell but not as good as The Hit Man & Her tho .

To my first trip to the Olympic to the Ormond , Subterainea , SFX , etc etc ,,, to the events run in The Point , from Carl Cox , Goldie , Orbital , Prodigy , and who remembers Dance Nation 95 ??? im sure it was the last time Mark & Timmy played togearther as the Soundcrowd ??,, il allways remember that summer of 95 ? it was so hot , after it , 100's of people ended up on Sandymount / Ringsend Beach , radio's & illegals on the ready and people having the time of there life ..what i would give to be back there just for a while , young innocent and not a care in the ....ing world .. :)

Also , Music Power , owl Fred & Alison , im sure Alison was Freds sister , and also Jamie , couldnt forget Jamie,one of the best shops for the owl imports , Bonzai , Time Unlimited ,Frankfurt Beat , Noom etc , and a lot of old early hardcore bits i pick up from him , also the big tape deck stand on the wall just as u came in the door (memorys) , The Abbey Mail , jesus how many record shops were in the mail in early 90ties ?, must have been about 6 im sure , from Uncel Billy (the master ) , best for the old Italian / UK piano house & hardcore breakbeat UK scene classic's , to Mick's shop , to Frank's shop ?? anybody remember Frank , he had a disform lip , dont mean to affend anybody with that , just thats easiest way for me to explain him to ye as cant remeber his 2nd name ..anybody help me out there ??? also , Tagged records , owl Ulless and Jay Tang , to Outlaw records , not a bad shop during mid 90ties .

Anyways , im a DJ / Producer & run Unity Recordings Ireland and played at various Irish clubs such as Tivoli , Temple aka The Crypt .. etc , and been collecting records and dj sets since earely 90ties , have built up a vast selection of music , from early house/ hardcore breakbeat records / hardtrance sound of early 90ties , No Respect , Lunatec , Time , Frankfurt , u know the scope :) to sets from djs such as , Sasha , Digweed etc , and also 100's of mixes from the old hardcore breakbeat scene , from djs such as Ratty , Randall , Sy , Seduction , Slipmatt , Ellis Dee , Crystal , Swanne etc ... from clubs such as The Edge , Fantazia , Kinectic etc etc :) and also the sets from our own scene , tapes from Rob aka Pressure , Mark K , Warren K , Dilly , Ed Case , Jay Carey etc , have a wicked 3 hour set from Jay actualy , im sure its a 3 hour Olympic mix he did on Sunset radio back then , shall dig her out and put it up soon . Quality mix Jay :)

If theres any tracks your looking for or sets , let me know , and if i have any of them , il gladly stick em up for ye .. Pierce :)

PS ... Fair play to who ever started the thread .. Top Marks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Hi all ,

Pierce here , just reading through the thread and ooo what memory's indeed from the clubs to the tunes to the people of the scene .

I first got in2 the acid / rave scene as a young lad when i came across a programme on UTV Granada called The Hit Man & Her around the end of 1988 im sure , hosted by Pete Waterman from PWL Records & Michaela Strachan , which i must admit at the time i had the hots for her .. ha ha lol , does anybody remember Slyvester the Black dancer they had on the show , and also the dance off's they would have , half way through , people getting up and making complete ejits of themselfs , so funny when ye look at it today , also remember them doing a show from The Elicpse in Coventry im sure , Carl Cox & Dj Phantasy was playing that night , Pete & Michaela , mashed off there faces , sweating like there was no to moro .. ha ha lol .. Cox droped Terrorize - Just a Feeling that night on Hamster ,, Quality it was :) ... hearing such acts as D- Mob , N-Joi , Guru Josh , SOR , Inner City , True Faith , Tompson Twins , Black Box , S- Express , MARRS , Mantronix etc etc ,, where just the stepping stones for me to come , also MTV Party Zone / Chill Out Zone were two cool programmes on around same time for anybody old enough to remember when MTV played good music , ha ha , BPM follow on from Hit Man & Her , which was cool aswell but not as good as The Hit Man & Her tho .

To my first trip to the Olympic to the Ormond , Subterainea , SFX , etc etc ,,, to the events run in The Point , from Carl Cox , Goldie , Orbital , Prodigy , and who remembers Dance Nation 95 ??? im sure it was the last time Mark & Timmy played togearther as the Soundcrowd ??,, il allways remember that summer of 95 ? it was so hot , after it , 100's of people ended up on Sandymount / Ringsend Beach , radio's & illegals on the ready and people having the time of there life ..what i would give to be back there just for a while , young innocent and not a care in the ....ing world .. :)

Also , Music Power , owl Fred & Alison , im sure Alison was Freds sister , and also Jamie , couldnt forget Jamie,one of the best shops for the owl imports , Bonzai , Time Unlimited ,Frankfurt Beat , Noom etc , and a lot of old early hardcore bits i pick up from him , also the big tape deck stand on the wall just as u came in the door (memorys) , The Abbey Mail , jesus how many record shops were in the mail in early 90ties ?, must have been about 6 im sure , from Uncel Billy (the master ) , best for the old Italian / UK piano house & hardcore breakbeat UK scene classic's , to Mick's shop , to Frank's shop ?? anybody remember Frank , he had a disform lip , dont mean to affend anybody with that , just thats easiest way for me to explain him to ye as cant remeber his 2nd name ..anybody help me out there ??? also , Tagged records , owl Ulless and Jay Tang , to Outlaw records , not a bad shop during mid 90ties .

Anyways , im a DJ / Producer & run Unity Recordings Ireland and played at various Irish clubs such as Tivoli , Temple aka The Crypt .. etc , and been collecting records and dj sets since earely 90ties , have built up a vast selection of music , from early house/ hardcore breakbeat records / hardtrance sound of early 90ties , No Respect , Lunatec , Time , Frankfurt , u know the scope :) to sets from djs such as , Sasha , Digweed etc , and also 100's of mixes from the old hardcore breakbeat scene , from djs such as Ratty , Randall , Sy , Seduction , Slipmatt , Ellis Dee , Crystal , Swanne etc ... from clubs such as The Edge , Fantazia , Kinectic etc etc :) and also the sets from our own scene , tapes from Rob aka Pressure , Mark K , Warren K , Dilly , Ed Case , Jay Carey etc , have a wicked 3 hour set from Jay actualy , im sure its a 3 hour Olympic mix he did on Sunset radio back then , shall dig her out and put it up soon . Quality mix Jay :)

If theres any tracks your looking for or sets , let me know , and if i have any of them , il gladly stick em up for ye .. Pierce :)

Welcome aboard mark! i can relate to a lot you said! i certainly remember The Hitman and Her and then BPM :) So funney to look back now at them shows!
    im a good friend with timmy and will ask him if that was the last gig he played with mark togearther as the Soundcrowd in 1995!
    i wouldn mind hearing that 3 hour set from jay! dont think it was ever posted here? and if there is any tracks or mixes your looking for just ask for them here! a lot of the guys here have everything:pac::D:D

paddy

Hi all ,

I first got in2 the acid / rave scene as a young lad when i came across a programme on UTV Granada called The Hit Man & Her around the end of 1988 im sure , hosted by Pete Waterman from PWL Records & Michaela Strachan ,
    Also , Music Power , owl Fred & Alison , im sure Alison was Freds sister , and also Jamie , couldnt forget Jamie,one of the best shops for the owl imports , Bonzai , Time Unlimited ,Frankfurt Beat , Noom etc ,:)

Top man you hit the nail on the head there with The hitman & her....used to be buzzing off that droppin tabs of 'Purple ohms' 'Penguins' & 'Strawberrys' before i ever graced the doors of the OLYMPIC .....have a few Record labels you mentioned also like Bonzai, Frankfurt beats & Noom all class labels....bang out a few names of the mixes you have to see if there not already up....no point in you wasting your time uploading stuff already been put up;)......lot of stuff on here you might dig to http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/ & here http://poundingtechno.com/ & just in case you missed the links reading over the thread here are a couple of videos of Raves from back in the day..........

OLYMPIC BALLROOM (thanks to Slunk for this)

http://rapidshare.com/files/27930852/LIVE_...E__92.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/28568017/LIVE_...E__92.part2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/28582315/LIVE_...E__92.part3.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/28593685/LIVE_...E__92.part4.rar

Primtime episode on ASYLUM (thanks to Slunk for this)

http://rapidshare.com/files/39543089/Asylum.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39679729/Asylum.part2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39708390/Asylum.part3.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39720451/Asylum.part4.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39729469/Asylum.part5.rar

ASYLUM Video i put together from photos i have & video with effects & soundtrack over it.

ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_1_400mb
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIBFF723
    ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_2_400mb
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCJ34QYS

Last video i made of the ASYLUM Past & Present with clips from first video left with original audio on em & other content from everyone uploading material & clips from the attemted gig in the ASYLUM 03-05-2008

http://rapidshare.com/files/151672978/ASYL....part1.rar.html
    http://rapidshare.com/files/151415665/ASYL....part2.rar.html
    http://rapidshare.com/files/151672980/ASYL....part3.rar.html
    http://rapidshare.com/files/151684790/ASYL....part4.rar.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Welcome aboard dude,

I know Frank well, a sound man. his surname is Simmonson, he's from Portmarnock. He used to do a few gigs around town towards the end of the 90's. He was always and still is big into his music.

Cheers,
    Mick

Hi all ,

• Advertisement

hahaha small world i know Frank Simpson well myself i used to always be up his flat in town mad outta it and down the Abbey Mall in the record shop, not seen him in about 2 years he was running some nite in the Legal Eagle, Frank if your reading this get in touch mate;)

Small world indeed.

I was waiting for someone to say "Simpson" LOL :p

He's a sound lad, he's back living in Portmarnock and working for another mate of mine.

PM me you mobile number and I'll pass it on.

Cheers,
    Mick
    jonny68 wrote: »
    hahaha small world i know Frank Simpson well myself i used to always be up his flat in town mad outta it and down the Abbey Mall in the record shop, not seen him in about 2 years he was running some nite in the Legal Eagle, Frank if your reading this get in touch mate;)

Welcome aboard mark! i can relate to a lot you said! i certainly remember The Hitman and Her and then BPM :) So funney to look back now at them shows!
    im a good friend with timmy and will ask him if that was the last gig he played with mark togearther as the Soundcrowd in 1995!
    i wouldn mind hearing that 3 hour set from jay! dont think it was ever posted here? and if there is any tracks or mixes your looking for just ask for them here! a lot of the guys here have everything:pac::D:D

paddy

Nice 1 mate , will do , il get on that jay carey Olympic Sunset radio mix , its class :)

If your talking to Timmy , tell him , Lisa , old Olympic raver from Ringsend said hello , and also a hello from me :)

Top man you hit the nail on the head there with The hitman & her....used to be buzzing off that droppin tabs of 'Purple ohms' 'Penguins' & 'Strawberrys' before i ever graced the doors of the OLYMPIC .....have a few Record labels you mentioned also like Bonzai, Frankfurt beats & Noom all class labels....bang out a few names of the mixes you have to see if there not already up....no point in you wasting your time uploading stuff already been put up;)......lot of stuff on here you might dig to http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/ & here http://poundingtechno.com/ & just in case you missed the links reading over the thread here are a couple of videos of Raves from back in the day..........

quote]

Its funny when u think of it now when u would'nt have back then , that there was so many of us like minded people sitting at home home watching the same programme's and all getting inspire in different ways to what we were listing to and watching :)

ooooooo the memorys !!!!!

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Welcome aboard dude,

I know Frank well, a sound man. his surname is Siminson, he's from Portmarnock. He used to do a few gigs around town towards the end of the 90's. He was always and still is big into his music.

Cheers,
    Mick

Thanks a mill mate , if your ever talking to Frank , pass my hello's ,, got some class tune off him back then (Baby Doc Fever on Opium Records was one of them thanks frank ) , his shop was so small , tho a lot of em were small back then , even abbey disc , frank had one deck in his , and billy's had 2 im sure , 1 left 1 right , from what i can remember ,from the old bill raided the mail , getting your record bag search , i member all the chairs in the middle of mail where people use to come back from various clubs , and sit there having a joint listing to tunes , mashed :) ahhhhhhhh the good owl days , we would never get away with that now .. not a hope :) it was a sad day when they close the mail , i kind of kept in touch with Frank as he was still buying tunes in Abbey when Billy move across the road ... Sound man indeed he was :)

Is this Mick as in Micka Walsh ???? if so , many a tune off u aswell in your shop in mail !!!! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote: »

Small world indeed ... good owl Frank aye :D get in touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Does the name Eggy from Ringsend mean anything to you. He used to give me free goodies in the Olympic up on the balcony ;)

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Does the name Eggy from Ringsend mean anything to you. He used to give me free goodies in the Olympic up on the balcony ;)

Ye theres two eggy's that i know of , one from south lotts in Ringsend , and another from Bath Avenue , the lads are a few years older then me , tho im sure only one of them went to Olympic from the start . A small world ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Hi all ,

whats the story m/8 about time u got on 2 this i will sort the hard drive out and i b down 2 u

bmooney wrote: »
    whats the story m/8 about time u got on 2 this i will sort the hard drive out and i b down 2 u

Whats up Brian ,, jesus good to hear from ye , good owl read about the buzz from back then .. do drop down and il sort ye with them tunes and mixes . al cool :):D

Howdy Lads.

The ReBUZZ DeFUZZ site is back up and running, there are now 900 tunes ID'd & ready to listen to. I know that's just a drop in the ocean and there is a fook load more to include, I'm doing another batch of tunes at the minute, and I gotta say it is VERY time consuming. If you have some info to include send it to the email address thats on the front page of the site, send as much as you like and I'll merge it into the current content.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~rebuzzdefuzz
    Version 3 is still in the making, so it'll be while before I let it go live, but it will be worth the wait..... promise. ;)

NICE 1 CAF U ARE A LEGEND WE B LOST WITHOUT U MAN P.S U DIDNT GET A CHANCE 2 GET THAT PIC 4 ME OF THE JESTER ON THE WALL IN SIDES NO RUSH MAN WHEN EVER U CAN THANKS AGAIN M/8

bmooney wrote: »
    NICE 1 CAF U ARE A LEGEND WE B LOST WITHOUT U MAN P.S U DIDNT GET A CHANCE 2 GET THAT PIC 4 ME OF THE JESTER ON THE WALL IN SIDES THANKS AGAIN M/8
    Howdy Boo. Yeah, I got it, I didnt forget ... but I havent a clue where I put it off hand, :p ... I'll dig it out a send it on. ;)

nice 1 man whats the crack with u any ways the site looks class man just went on 2 it sum ****ing amount of tunes on it now man class

Small world indeed.

I was waiting for someone to say "Simpson" LOL :p

He's a sound lad, he's back living in Portmarnock and working for another mate of mine.

PM me you mobile number and I'll pass it on.

Cheers,
    Mick

PM sent mate:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Howdy Lads.

The ReBUZZ DeFUZZ site is back up and running, there are now 900 tunes ID'd & ready to listen to. I know that's just a drop in the ocean and there is a fook load more to include, I'm doing another batch of tunes at the minute, and I gotta say it is VERY time consuming. If you have some info to include send it to the email address thats on the front page of the site, send as much as you like and I'll merge it into the current content.
    Version 3 is still in the making, so it'll be while before I let it go live, but it will be worth the wait..... promise. ;)

You put a lot of your time into it M/8, it was well worth it,
    it's a deadly site , very helpfull for the tune Id's,
    Keep up the good work M/8.

You put a lot of your time into it M/8, it was well worth it,
    it's a deadly site , very helpfull for the tune Id's,
    Keep up the good work M/8.

Likewise , fairplay to ye , handy site for those that need tracks ID's etc .. good idear ;)

I'll get Frank to sign up to Boards, he'll be dead chuffed that so many people have been asking for him:)

Nope, this is not MW, I know him through another Portmarnock head, thats the extent of it:p

Cheers,
    Mick
    Thanks a mill mate , if your ever talking to Frank , pass my hello's ,, got some class tune off him back then (Baby Doc Fever on Opium Records was one of them thanks frank ) , his shop was so small , tho a lot of em were small back then , even abbey disc , frank had one deck in his , and billy's had 2 im sure , 1 left 1 right , from what i can remember ,from the old bill raided the mail , getting your record bag search , i member all the chairs in the middle of mail where people use to come back from various clubs , and sit there having a joint listing to tunes , mashed :) ahhhhhhhh the good owl days , we would never get away with that now .. not a hope :) it was a sad day when they close the mail , i kind of kept in touch with Frank as he was still buying tunes in Abbey when Billy move across the road ... Sound man indeed he was :)

Is this Mick as in Micka Walsh ???? if so , many a tune off u aswell in your shop in mail !!!! Thanks :)

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Howdy Lads.

Great stuff :D
    Will the pics, vids etc be back in V3? I'd usually have a look at the pics every few weeks for the craic, great memories of Sides DC, loved that place.

Cheers,
    Mick

Here is a link to website with tonnes of free techno tunes......its a bit off the subject of this forum but there is loads in there you might want somthing from it (some oldskool).....navigation bar on the left of the screen will link you to thousands of downloads.......some of the download site are a headscrathcher trying to downlaod tunes but there is loads from Rapidshare & loads from one called Zippyshare thats are straight forward enough......you can tell the download site from hovering over the small icon to the right of the title.....here it is for what its worth;)

http://technorocker.info/index.php

Caf what happened the davesgaff site,I cant get on to it anymore,that was a handy little site

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

I'll get Frank to sign up to Boards, he'll be dead chuffed that so many people have been asking for him:)

Nope, this is not MW, I know him through another Portmarnock head, thats the extent of it:p

Cheers,
    Mick

Mate always meant to say it to ya, from Porto meself. Frank is one of me best mates, even introduced him to gary ablet side of the dance scene.
    Must know ya..Cant put the "MicK" to a face

Porto, LOL, they used to beam PORTO POSSIE with the green laser in the Ballroom.

Surprise me... you worked in Dunnes Stores during the height of it all? You would have been a Temple of Sound man?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Fitze wrote: »
    Mate always meant to say it to ya, from Porto meself. Frank is one of me best mates, even introduced him to gary ablet side of the dance scene.
    Must know ya..Cant put the "MicK" to a face

Just spoke to Frank,

he'll be onBoard ASAP, he'll be a great addition to this thread:) he knows his tunage and like myself is only getting into downloading/mp3's etc.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

Porto, LOL, they used to beam PORTO POSSIE with the green laser in the Ballroom.

Surprise me... you worked in Dunnes Stores during the height of it all? You would have been a Temple of Sound man?

Cheers,
    Mick

Mate looks like I aint gonna surprise ya, you got that in one. Dropped out of college with the rest of the heads to pursue a serious career stackin Dunnes Stores shelves, all in the aid of financing those crazy Rave nights:)
    Temple of Sound and the rest mate...

There even was the Porto Possie t-shirts for one lads birthday:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement