Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(mobile)broadband in Roscommon

Options
  • 21-06-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there!

My girlfriend is about to do a traineeship in Roscommon for three months. She'll be living in a house that doesn't have any internet respectively broadband access.
    Is 3ireland.ie a good choice to aquire an internet hook up? Do you guys have any other recommendations for the situation? It should have broadband speed and it should be limited to three months...

Thanks a lot!!!

Marcel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is 3ireland.ie a good choice to aquire an internet hook up?
    In a word, no. Avoid like the plague that it is.

All the mobile operators have 12 month contracts, Vodafone or O2 would be worth trying, but broadband speeds are far from guaranteed, especially if it's in rural locations. All the other broadband packages will have a minimum of 6-12 months contract too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I presume you mean their pay as you go product and not the pay monthly which has a year contract. If your girlfriend is only going to be here for 3 months there really isn't a choice other than 3 Ireland. With 3 she will have internet access but the speeds will usually be less than 1 mbit and sometimes be close to dialup speeds.
    jor el wrote: »
    In a word, no. Avoid like the plague that it is.

All the mobile operators have 12 month contracts, Vodafone or O2 would be worth trying, but broadband speeds are far from guaranteed, especially if it's in rural locations. All the other broadband packages will have a minimum of 6-12 months contract too.
    Presuming he is going with 3 because of their pay as you go option. http://www.3ireland.ie/broadband/3pay.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

I have the 3 mobile broadband,not the pay monthly however I presume the reception is the same..was using it in Strokestown..just outside of Roscommon town and the reception was better than in Cork!!..it just depends!..with mine i had two weeks to give it back if i wasn't happy with it so i would enquire about any such options!

Advertisement