Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HID kit for BMW F10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

grogi wrote: »
    Again, I don't know F10 at all. But the main/dimed might be done by simply moving the cover, especially if they are projector lights.

I was reading a review today on the osrams and they got bad ratings for a new product.
    The Philips racing h7s get excellent review and I'm gonna put a set of those in my highs with a set of hid in my dims.
    Just ordered mine from powerbulbs.,,I've used them before and found very good to ship stuff.

By the way the f10 is h7 for both high and low beams, the low beams are an absolute bitch to get them as you go through the wheel arch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

grogi wrote: »
    Again, I don't know F10 at all. But the main/dimed might be done by simply moving the cover, especially if they are projector lights.

That only happens in the bi-xenon version.
    In the halogen version, there's 2 light assemblies. H7.
    Projectors for the dipped beam, reflector for the main beam (flashers).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

F10, halogen.

High beam H7 , via lifting the bonnet
    Low beans H7, thru the wheel arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

locha wrote: »
    Are the Osram Night ligts just for the main beam, I a have an F10 and I find it's the dims that are absolutely shocking on it. Any recommendations for dim lights?

Mine are really really bad. I bought some new bulbs but haven't replaced them yet.
    locha wrote: »
    Thanks @pa990. So I would need 4 bulbs if I wanted to replace the dims and main beams.
    ironclaw wrote: »
    Yes.

Your manual should tell you along with the PowerBulb website to confirm. The H7 is a single lamp, unlike the H4 which is dips and mains in one.

I hope I got the right ones, as it's mainly my dipped I want to replace.

I wasn't able to get bi xenon lights retrofitted for some reason.
    But apparently if I really really wanted them, they're €2,000 each excluding bulbs and labour! FK BMW!

• Advertisement

PeteK* wrote: »
    Mine are really really bad. I bought some new bulbs but haven't replaced them yet.

I hope I got the right ones, as it's mainly my dipped I want to replace.

I wasn't able to get bi xenon lights retrofitted for some reason.
    But apparently if I really really wanted them, they're €2,000 each excluding bulbs and labour! FK BMW!

I had a crash lately in my e92 which had xenons..one of the lights was a write-off and had to be replaced.
    The light itself cost €775 and the ECU for it another €320 so basically €1100 alone just there, then you need to fit washers and autolevelling so the price is just going to skyrocket when retrofitting a new oem set.
    Ideally just change the car which is easy to do if you have a 520D. For those of us with a 3L it's not so easy unless you buy new as 3litre F10s are very rare unless you go to the UK.

fitted the philips racing today to my highs and they seem to make a massive difference.
    Lifetime is only around 300hours due the brightness level they push out but that's basically a year.
    Next week I'm working late so driving home Monday night will show me the difference they make on dark country roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Blazer wrote: »
    fitted the philips racing today to my highs and they seem to make a massive difference.
    Lifetime is only around 300hours due the brightness level they push out but that's basically a year.
    Next week I'm working late so driving home Monday night will show me the difference they make on dark country roads.

Blazer, how have you found the Phillips racing? Is there a noticeable difference would you put them on dims as well or would it be a waste of money?

Advertisement