Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily million scam

Options
  • 10-10-2016 9:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Does anyone else think dailymillion lotto is a scam? The million has only Been won once this year and there's two draws a day seven days a week.a bit strange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

More than a bit strange in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's only a scam if it doesn't do what it's supposed to. It's clear that there is no guaranteed winner. So, as lotteries go, it's no scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Was won in my local Spar not so long ago.

It's not called fools gold for nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Boxoffrogs89

The draw can't be viewed by public either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All the draws are audited. The odds are public, and your chances of winning are tiny. I would imagine very few people play it hence very, very few people win anything.

• Advertisement

Ye Maybe so but the lotto and the euromillions are won every few weeks and at least you can view the draw of the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Don't play it then. Simple.

I don't anymore after checking up on it and I know someone in kpmg ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I do it regularly because the price hasn't gone up and I dont need a lorra lorra mula.

Are the odds of winning this greater or lesser than the other lotto's? considering the lesser amounts to be won.

I used to do it regularly aswell.a million would do me can't be to greedy. Not sure off the odds its higher than the normal lotto though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I used to do it regularly aswell.a million would do me can't be to greedy. Not sure off the odds its higher than the normal lotto though.

There are a lot less people playing it than the normal lotto / euromillions and therefore the chances of a winner are a lot less.

Ye but its on twice a day seven days a week all year round and only been won once and why cant the public view the draw? makes me think they have something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Ye but its on twice a day seven days a week all year round and only been won once and why cant the public view the draw? makes me think they have something to hide.

No one plays it.

As for the public not being able to view the draw. Is that true? Have you asked kpmg?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did you not hear, OP? The lottery is a voluntary tax on people who can't work out odds.

Ye that's what your mother said aswell. Who's your daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

I don't anymore after checking up on it and I know someone in kpmg ;)

Are you KPMG girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Rackstar wrote: »
    Are you KPMG girl?

She knew who her daddy was!

:pac:

Ha ha ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I reckon you can't view it because it's electronic. They probably use a random number generator to do the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

actually the number are drawn by elvis, from the same studio they filmed the 'moon landings'.
    what conspiracy??

• Advertisement

actually the number are drawn by elvis, from the same studio they filmed the 'moon landings'.
    what conspiracy??

even "elves" methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stick to the topic at hand. While a certain amount of humour doesn't go astray, this isn't AH.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

L1011 wrote: »
    All the draws are audited. The odds are public, and your chances of winning are tiny. I would imagine very few people play it hence very, very few people win anything.
    This ^^^ it's a lottery, not a raffle, so if very few people participate that will decrease the chance that the jackpot will be won, not increase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

no doubting it a scam ok why don,t the government step in there irish people getting hoodwinked in their own country disgraceful

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

barney4001 wrote: »
    no doubting it a scam ok why don,t the government step in there irish people getting hoodwinked in their own country disgraceful

Its government regulated. The odds are easily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It's because sales would be rather low. Daily Millions is not heavily advertised.

The more people that play, the bigger the chance of a jackpot scoop.

If the number of players is meagre, I'd expect it would be months or years between wins.

Picking six numbers out of almost forty is Lotto territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

The numbers are generated by an algorithm which is supposedly a 'random' generator. As a programmer it is not difficult to manipulate the algorithm.

Of all the lottery "games" this is the easiest to manipulate Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

First time we did it we won €500. Might seem pittence to some but it made our bloody month! My only issue with it is that the amount of correctly chosen numbers for the €500 win compared to the €10,000 win seems to suggest that the €500 prize should be bigger, or that there should be an in-between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I never of this before why does it depend on the amount of players?

• Advertisement

Bob Z wrote: »
    I never of this before why does it depend on the amount of players?

Probability

Advertisement