Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's Allowance

Options
  • 22-07-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I was awarded Domiciliary Care Allowance in January 2016. I applied for Carer's Allowance in March 2016, but i got a letter from Longford this morning asking for statement of account & letter from school confirming how many hours per week course is, which is 3 hours. I'm currently on Supplementary Welfare Allowance pending decision on Carer's Allowance. Will i get any arrears if approve? Wonder nothing will be left for me in arrears if they deduct Supplementary Welfare Allowance??? Not sure if they will even approve the carer's allowance after sending in the required documentation today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The SWA you've been paid will be deducted from any arrears

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

Thanks

Just to ask one more thing, will arrears backdated from the day i apply for carers allowance or from the date i got approved for domiciliary care allowance?

20784 wrote: »
    Just to ask one more thing, will arrears backdated from the day i apply for carers allowance or from the date i got approved for domiciliary care allowance?

For me it was the day I applied for the carers allowance.
    I've heard people say it was backdated to when they got DCA but when I phoned and asked the CA people said that's not possible. So I can only tell you my experience!!

For me it was the day I applied for the carers allowance.
    I've heard people say it was backdated to when they got DCA but when I phoned and asked the CA people said that's not possible. So I can only tell you my experience!!

Thanks. But saw a strange this morning, I just received free travel pass this morning, but no letter saying refuse or approve. Really confuse now, is there anything i need to do? what does it mean?

• Advertisement

Phone them!

Phone them!

I phoned them, but i got a surprise reply. They said the free travel pass i received shouldn't have been sent out because they're yet to make a decision and that i should get a decision in the next two to three weeks. They said i shouldn't use the free travel pass until i get a decision from them soon.

I phoned them, but i got a surprise reply. They said the free travel pass i received shouldn't have been sent out because they're yet to make a decision and that i should get a decision in the next two to three weeks. They said i shouldn't use the free travel pass until i get a decision from them soon.

Finally got a letter today saying am approved for carer allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Joejoanne123

Finally got a letter today saying am approved for carer allowance

My wife applied on October 15 of last year. We got a no at the end of February and we reapplied and it hit there offices on the 7th of March. We are still waiting for an answer. They give us all the usual story of queues and people of on holidays. It is just so maddening and we are losing all hope of ever hearing back from them now:mad:

My wife applied on October 15 of last year. We got a no at the end of February and we reapplied and it hit there offices on the 7th of March. We are still waiting for an answer. They give us all the usual story of queues and people of on holidays. It is just so maddening and we are losing all hope of ever hearing back from them now:mad:

Are you getting Domiciliary Care Allowance before you apply?

• Advertisement
Advertisement