Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies toilets

Options
  • 14-05-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This has probably been discussed before but are ladies toilets more disgusting than men's toilets. The reason why I ask is that was out in the pub the other night and went to the loo and the state of the loo was like the one in trainspotting. Anyway came back to my mates and said to them about the state of the toilets, one of the girls then said that in their job they have emails sent out from the management about the state of the ladies loo's in the building and that the cleaners have been complaining about them.

Things like people going on the floor of cubicle rather than in the loo in case someone heard the splash, sanitry products discarded on the floor as well as used loo paper. This was a shock for me as I thought all ladies loo's were so clean and fresh smelling. Are these just wrong or is this sort of thing regular in womens toilets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Nope having worked as a cleaner for years I can safely say female toilets are always in a worse condition than male ones. My boyfriend also worked as a cleaner and he says the exact same thing.

Guys go to toilets, do their business and usually walk straight out without saying a word or looking in the mirror. Girls use toilets for much more than going potty, they hang around and gossip, snort coke, do their make up, change tampons, look in the mirrors etc In nightclubs girls often hang around and drink in the bathrooms, I've rarely found this with guys.

When I worked in a bar it was always a case of pulling the short straw for whoever got lobbed with the ladies bathroom - and it was never pleasant. The sanitary bin inevitably got knocked over at some stage, girls would try to flush sanitary towels etc which of course leads to blocked toilets. Girls are more likely to poo in the bathrooms, probably because they have better access to cubicles; but in a drunken state they'd often walk off without flushing. Then there is the amount of tissue they use, and fake tan and make up all over the walls and sinks, yuck I feel sick just recalling it.

Fairer sex my a** :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

Worked a few years in Security, Locking up time ya have to check all toilets etc. Womens toilets were ALWAYS worse.

Few of my mates are barmen in Nightclubs, they said the same, womens toilets were always worse off than the mens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

my wife works as a cleaner and says she would rather clean a mans toilet then a womens....She said she cannot believe how dirty they are.

She also laughs at how women will cue to use the toilet she is washing as she figures they are that clean about themselves.

She said the worst thing she ever saw was a perfect sh1t on the floor which was sh1t there rather than falling off the jacks or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Why is this the case ladies ??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

Maybe because it's the only time the wimmin don't have to clean up the mess they/everyone makes?

or maybe 'it's the drink made them do it yer honour'

still gross

• Advertisement

Why is this the case ladies ??

As I said above, men don't tend to 'loiter' in the bathrooms to the same extent. At least without fear of ending up on a sex offenders registar :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

more a fear of accident and emergency than a sex offenders register I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There are fewer things more gross than a toilet with someone else's unflushed shit in it, but I think one of them is a toilet with a drop of someone else's menstrual blood on the seat :(

Went into the toilets in college one time in the evening, it's in the student centre which would be used during the day for the shops and cafés and stuff, but has the bar as well. Someone had obviously mistook it for a nightclub toilet, one of the cubicles was covered with various things which had come out of various holes on her body and a healthy dose of toilet paper on the floor to boot, bluuurgh. I don't know why it is that way but it's horrible, you mightn't have to clean it up but some poor bastard does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Whatever about nightclub toilets being left in a state when you're drunk/high/whatever but WORK toilets? I've often walked into a cubicle in work and seen sh*t in it, it was happening so often at one point that I was tempted to send a sarcy email around the whole department.

Toilet paper left on the floor. Paper handtowels left on the floor. Paper handtowels left on the sink after drying your hands with them. Magazines left in the cubicels :confused: Those damn toilet rolls(the ones that break in two so they can be removed from the holder) thrown on the floor or worse picked up and put on the cistren. There are bins, we don't have a maid in the department - use the fu*king bins.

Worst thing is, I work in healthcare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i used to work as a cleaner for a pub and i found the mens loo's were always in worse condition, what i find the most repulsive is people who wipe snot on the walls or doors.It always made me gag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Floppybits

lil'bug wrote: »
    i used to work as a cleaner for a pub and i found the mens loo's were always in worse condition, what i find the most repulsive is people who wipe snot on the walls or doors.It always made me gag

i was talking more about ladies toilets in work rather than in pubs and nightclubs. I can understand manky toilets in nightclubs because of the drink but not in work. I know the mens toilets where I work are always spotlessly clean, there maybe a few potent smells in there but ya can live with that. I was just shocked that my female friends were saying the cleaners in work were giving out about the state that the ladies toilets were in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In my work there was one particular set of toilets beside the canteen that were left so filthy (not flushed/stains on the seats) that the facilities manager put up notices all over the toilets telling people to flush, and leave them clean.

You'd go into them and maybe two of four cubicles would be decent to use it was gross. There were six women who worked and used the toilets but with visitors and canteen visitors as well anyone could use them.

The signs didn't work either, even now if I have to use them I check them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

One of my friends used to work for Swisher. He was absolutely disgusted at the state of all the women's toilets, said they were at least 5 times worse than the the men's toilets-he was regularly left feeling physically sick with all the used sanitary products he found on floors or just left floating in the toilet.
    I know for a fact that he did pub and club bathrooms, but I'd say there's a good chance he did office company bathrooms aswell.
    I've seen a sink full of vomit in a bathroom in a nightclub before, don't know why they kept the bloody plug thing in instead of cleaning in down the drain!
    I'm always finding toilet paper on public bathroom floors,does my head in-it's usually clean though not used.
    When sharing a house with a few girls they used to leave makeup spills, hairballs from the hairbrush, and dirty wet towels all over the place.
    I don't know why some people automatically assume that women are cleaner/tidier than men.
    He also said that in a lot of places, the male toilets were tiny, whilst the female toilets could be up to double the size.
    Though as another poster mentioned, that may be because some women are more likely to hang around for awhile chatting or doing makeup etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

I have some clients who have pubs. The ladies toilets cost them a fortune in cleaning, maintenance and vandalism. Broken toilet bowls, seats, MIRRORS! Doors, locks, lights, vending machines etc. Was in one of the pubs last Saturday night - quite an upmarket pub. After closing he was showing us the ladies and gents toilets. The gents had a few sprinkles on the floor around the urinals. and that was it. The ladies was wrecked, sh1t on the walls of one of the cubicles and floor. Lipstick and stuff all over the mirrors (apparantley a bastard to get off a mirror!) sanitary bins turned over. Toilet roll holders broken. I was shocked. He says it's like that every weekend. And it's an affluent area too.He used to spend quite a bit of money on replacement fittings but now buys the cheapest and strongest he can find. He had the same theory as one of the previous posters - that women hang around and drink, smoke, snort vandalise etc in the toilets whereas men go in, pee and out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

I have never understood it when I was into a cubicle and there is pee pee sprayed all over the seat. Often I'll go into the next cubicle, exact same, then the next cubicle and same thing again.

We sit down when we pee girls, where are you going wrong?!

Only thing I can think of is when they wipe they stand up and theres drops, so that would explain drops at the very front but how'd it get all around the seat?!

And if you do this, at least have the decency to wipe it clean for the next person?
    And this isn't only in nightclubs where maybe cause of drink you could get more messy and careless, its also in college, shopping centre bathrooms etc.

I've always thought the Ladies toilet was much worse than the Mens. They really are usually disgusting. In my college they have to be checked 6 times an hour because people threw used toilet paper on the floor, leave menstrual pads on the floor or on top of the sanitary bin, poo in the toilet and pee and blood on the seats. It's just pure selfishness. People don't want to use the bin cos it's 'gross' and don't want to sit down because they might 'catch something' but they're happy to leave their mess for someone else to clean up. I don't get why so many women insist on leaving paper towels strewn all over the sinks and floor when there's a lovely big bin beside them. This is the one and only reason I'm happy to see those toilet attendants in the pub toilets. People are too embarrassed to leave a mess or pee everywhere if they think someone is going to know it was them.

Jesus, I'm kind of shocked by alot of this tbh. I've never really come across toilets as bad as those being described here. Even at oxegen or the likes!!

yuck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Where the hell are these toilets you're talking about? :eek:

I've seen a bit blood on the walls in a nightclub toilet once, and a lot of paper towels around the sink, but that's about as bad as it's ever been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

liah wrote: »
    Where the hell are these toilets you're talking about? :eek:

I've seen a bit blood on the walls in a nightclub toilet once, and a lot of paper towels around the sink, but that's about as bad as it's ever been.

I was just thinking the same. I've seen nothing like any of these stories. One pub I did, but I've never been back.

I have been to some places where there's wee on the seat...but I guess that's from the hovering, not the sitting, still is no excuse to get up and walk away from it so it greets the next person though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I don't understand the poo thing and I've heard so many stories about it. How can a person leave a toilet after smearing shíte all over the floor, walls, seat etc???? Are they not MORTIFIED?? Where do they go after being in the toilet - they must be covered in poo! I don't understand??:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I have been to some places where there's wee on the seat...but I guess that's from the hovering, not the sitting, still is no excuse to get up and walk away from it so it greets the next person though :eek:

This really annoys me. They won't sit on the seat for fear of germs or whatever but then proceed to pee all over it, thereby creating a disgusting germ infested toilet seat :confused: Then they expect the next person to clean up their mess

A place I used to work in actually had to put signs up in the cubicles asking people not to wipe snot on the walls...disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Kimia wrote: »
    I don't understand the poo thing and I've heard so many stories about it. How can a person leave a toilet after smearing shíte all over the floor, walls, seat etc???? Are they not MORTIFIED?? Where do they go after being in the toilet - they must be covered in poo! I don't understand??:confused::confused:

it goes back to the same old story its usually to do with the way you were raised or the way you have decided to go and when you have no respect for people around you your usually lacking in something...

and yes these people know who they are.

He also said that in a lot of places, the male toilets were tiny, whilst the female toilets could be up to double the size.
    Though as another poster mentioned, that may be because some women are more likely to hang around for awhile chatting or doing makeup etc.

Yep in both the nightclubs where I worked the girl's toilets were about twice the size of the men's and had a huge mirror running right around with a ledge so girls could sit at it and hang out. The men's bathroom was much smaller and only had one tiny mirror. I think in most places it's like this.
    Kimia wrote: »

You would think but in big nightclubs the ladies' toilets are really crowded and it's very easy for a girl to just stagger out when they're done relatively unrecognised. My theory is that it's more of an issue in the girls' toilets because they have the privacy of a cubicle while men have to make do with urinals. You would be amazed what people are capable of doing when nobody's looking and they (think) they can get away with it.
    ceadaoin. wrote: »

A place I used to work in actually had to put signs up in the cubicles asking people not to wipe snot on the walls...disgusting!

When I was in primary school there was a bit of an issue with the condition the pupils' bathrooms were being left in. One teacher decided to take every class group by group and held a sort of bathroom etiquette talk. She even took us all into the toilets and explained to us the basics such as wiping your seat when you're finished, making sure to flush, washing your hands after. It may seem a bit weird looking back, and it was a bit of a giggle for us, but obviously it was something that needed to be done.

When I was in school the girls would be piling on the foundation in the bathrooms over break and lunch, and when they were done or got a bit too much on their fingers they'd just smear it down the mirror of across the wall. You'd see piles of this orange gunk everywhere!

Still though, I'd rather that than the girls that piss all over the seat and walk away without a thought in their heads. They're truly disgusting!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Floppybits wrote: »
    This has probably been discussed before but are ladies toilets more disgusting than men's toilets. ?

I was only thinking this exact thing earlier, was in the Blanch centre and I had to 'loo hop' 3 times before I found one that was 'pee worthy' one had a huuuuuge log in it, I mean come on, girls ffs???? another had loo roll blocking it and people were just peeing on top of the blockage.. the other was just generally stinking..

My OH is a plumber and he has told me that the dirtiest loos he's been into were definately the "Ladies" hard to believe but I think it's true.. :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

This is Ireland

What do you expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭needaname

When I used to work in a pub neither were ever too bad but mens were a bit worse at times.

Also in my last job signs had to be put up all over the canteen about the mens bathroom as one morning there was a huge log on the toilet seat :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,060 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The cleaner at my work complained to HR about the state of the female toilets.

There was used pads left in the bathroom floor and in toilets.

She even refused to clean the female disabled toilet after coming in to find poo and blood smeared on the walls.

The cleaner at my work complained to HR about the state of the female toilets.

There was used pads left in the bathroom floor and in toilets.

She even refused to clean the female disabled toilet after coming in to find poo and blood smeared on the walls.

I actually don't understand how/why thats done?
    I associated people who aren't the full shilling in loony bins with smearing poo on the walls, not some girl on a night out.

Like I actually don't get it, are they doing it on purpose?? Its literally boggles my mind. :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

It's really funny though, I go to an all boys' school (the joys of repeating) and the girls' bathroom are immaculate generally. Then some of the lads started using them...and we knew straight away! That said, there are only like 8 or 9 people who use our bathrooms, and maybe 500 using the boys' ones.

Advertisement