Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Tournament Fixtures Part One

Options
  • 13-04-2009 5:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so here is the first set of fixtures for the second Boards.ie online tournament.

Here are the rules for the games, make sure to read them all carefully! I am leaving the time limit as midnight Sunday because of the Champions League games etc that are on during the week.
    • You must organise a time with your opponent to play your game by posting in this thread and sending PM's
    • Where possible you should post in this thread what time you are playing at so anyone who wants to watch may do so.
    • All scores must be posted in this thread by midnight Sunday night
    • You must try your best to get your game played by this time limit as we don't want a backlog of fixtures. Forfeits will be handed out if you take too long to play
    • All matches are to be best of ten legs meaning it can be a 5-5 draw
    • You should throw for the Bull or one dart highest score to see who throws first
    • YOU DO NOT PLAY ALL TEN LEGS UNLESS IT GOES TO 5-5. ONCE SOMEONE WINS 6 THE GAME IS OVER
    • You may use either exchalk or DartPro to play your game

Here are the fixtures:
    [B]GROUP 1[/B]
    Carrickman 6-4 Mussha
    Hitmanhealy 6-4 Pad180
    Healio 5-5 iseethelight

[B]GROUP 2[/B]
    Kingp35 3-6 AndyP
    Giant Reed 5-5 Passinginterest
    Evolution Enter 6-4 Degag

[B]GROUP 3[/B]
    Ciarraibhoy 6-3 Double Top
    DFD 6-3 Patrickincork
    death1234567 2-6 Daffy501

[B]GROUP 4[/B]
    Padr81 1-6 Dionsiseire
    ratinakeg 6-3 Davb
    Scunner 3-6 S.T.D. Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Might i suggest that everyone should keep boards open while playing their games and check the thread and pms, just in case players have problems with ezchalk, their connection or otherwise during their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

PM sent to davb!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Can i also suggest that we dont schedule fixtures as such, and try get people to play games ASAP, like sometimes with deadlines of a game is tough to play 2 a week to find time, but i might find time to play 2 on a night ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

PM sent to Ciarraibhoy. was he the fella who pulled out last time because of an elbow injury, hope he's fully recovered

scunner vs S.T.D ste is goin to be the game of the tournament.
    i will be watching that with great interest

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    scunner vs S.T.D ste is goin to be the game of the tournament.
    i will be watching that with great interest

They are both in my group! I'm doomed I tells ye!:( If I win 1 match in my group I'll be delighted!:pac:

Myself and Davb's match is on Wednesday at 6pm!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Myself and Davb's match is on Wednesday at 6pm!

good luck mate, i will watching (and judging :D)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Can i also suggest that we dont schedule fixtures as such, and try get people to play games ASAP, like sometimes with deadlines of a game is tough to play 2 a week to find time, but i might find time to play 2 on a night ya know

That's fine, I have no problem with people playing their games in advance and as happened last time I don't have a problem with people playing there games late. There has to be some sort of a deadline though so that people actually make an effort to play their games and the groups are not totally skewed all over the place. It's much more fun when fixtures are played at roughly the same as we can see the groups take shape and it's entertaining.

Just try and stay as close to the deadline as possible and all is good.

Double Top wrote: »
    good luck mate, i will watching (and judging :D)

LOL!:D
    I don't know davb's level of play but it shall be good!

I'm ready!:cool:

• Advertisement

Thats a good idea... Perhaps there could be a seperate thread for each individual group so that people could interact more freely and set times and dates. Of course things could easily get out of hand and cluttered that way, and you could see groups finished before others and some people in groups having played all their games and others having played hardly any......

Its true but in effect the only thing i really care about is getting everyone to actually play their games as walkovers only skew the leg difference and sometimes both players have completely conflicting schedules

Its true but in effect the only thing i really care about is getting everyone to actually play their games as walkovers only skew the leg difference and sometimes both players have completely conflicting schedules

You're dead right the walkovers made **** of it.... nobodys fault... but perhaps your way could stop this.

what i'll probably do is post to boards everytime im out practicing and see if i can get a few games out of the way, even if we dont announce the result till the fixture comes up i dont mind as long as the games get played

ive got my work cut out for me in my group so should be interesting

what i'll probably do is post to boards everytime im out practicing and see if i can get a few games out of the way, even if we dont announce the result till the fixture comes up i dont mind as long as the games get played

ive got my work cut out for me in my group so should be interesting

Me and you again dionsiseire and another Group of Death!;)

Best of luck mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

ratinakeg wrote: »
    LOL!:D
    I don't know davb's level of play but it shall be good!

I'm ready!:cool:

looks like im in at the deep end from the off

lookin forward to it anyway:p

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

PM Pad180 just there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Pm'ed Daffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

death1234567 and myself have arranged our match for thursday at 6.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

PM'd Mussha

• Advertisement

They all look royally like groups of deaths, there's not 1 easy group really, its a testament to the quality of dart players we have on boards, we'd make an awesome team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

100% agree with you we have some top players plus we are also missing great players that i know personally from this tournament eg mr jingle clivebaby and on the board we would make a super team

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Me and Pad180 are playing Friday night 7.00pm

good luck HITMAN, pad180 is a good player, you'll need to be hitting your doubles within 3 darts. thats what cost me against him last tme

Pending any issues myself and Padr81 should be throwing down tonight at 7.30

Will be keeping an eye on that game

Keep your dirty eyes to yourself pal :D

Myself and Evolution Enter playing Thursday at 4pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PM sent to AndyP

• Advertisement

Pm sent to scunner

Advertisement