Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In the Noclight] Monkeyfudge

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

ok, another 3 nights of questions.

Monkeyfudge, its over to you.

to get the ball rolling,

how'd you end up on boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Where do you get those lovely knitted monkeys that you bring to nights out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

how did you come up with the username?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it true that you and lizardfudge are brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Hey hey it's the monkey.

Is it really true that you have been banned from the zoo and if so why?

Have I really been replaced as your dance partner?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What's your favourite kind of fudge, and what's your favourite kind of monkey?

Would you beat me in a fight?

If I was to buy you a drink at the next Nocbeers, what would it have to be?

Favourite album ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If the world was about to end and you were only allowed save three kinds of food what would you save? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What is the most intriging idea you have come across in the last 3 months ?
    What was the oddest thing about your childhood ?
    What is your biggest regret ?
    Would you want to have a paranormal epihany ?
    IF you could rid yourself of one bad habit what would it be and why ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why monkeys??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Do I owe you money at the moment?

Or do you owe me money?

I cant rmemeber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

2 girls 1 cup, or 1 girl 2 cups?

Pacino or DeNiro?

Cheesecake or Banoffee pie?

Chinese or Indian takeaway?

How do you feel about the below image?

gordon.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Blur or Oasis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Why were Toto so awesome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The smiths or The cure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh crap..

Sorry... Me and my mystery box got stranded in town with the taxi strike. Will start getting to these questions now.

You'd imagine a lot of these questions would have exciting answers... but unfortunately they don't... I could make **** up... and maybe I will later.. but I'll be honest for now.
    Nerin wrote: »
    how'd you end up on boards?

I wanted to know how to add BBC 3 and BBC 4 to my Sky Digital... yep... that boring. Then I believe I discovered All Things Retro forum... And I think that's where my first post might be and it's where I spent a lot of my early days on boards.

There was one awesome cartoon that I was trying to remember, but that no one was able to figure out... I finally worked it out myself last year though. So go me!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Where do you get those lovely knitted monkeys that you bring to nights out?

The one I had with me at the Atheist Beers is known as Pocket Monkey and was a gift from a very lovely girl from Texas called Deborah Evans... just like the singer from the Flying Lizards who had a hit with 'Money' according to my cousin.
    how did you come up with the username?

Again.. not terribly exciting... but I used to have a fairly basic Geocities website many years ago which I called Fudge and contained lots of silly little things that I had made in Photoshop that I was teaching myself how to use at the time. When it came time to register a website properly obviously fudge.com was taken... but seeing as how my website tended to feature a lot of monkeys I wanted to name it fudgemonkey.com... this was also taken so I settled on monkeyfudge.com in the end... which actually is probably better.

I've never really done anything serious with the webpage over the years. I did have a blog on it at one point. But a bizarre cease and desist letter made me lose interest in my monkeyfudge blog.
    Is it true that you and lizardfudge are brothers?

It is not true. We are in fact cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Tea or coffee

What biscuits do you enjoy with your tea / coffee?

Who would you like to see take over the late late show?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What's the fascination with hats?

Do you enjoy your work as much as you seem to (at least the impression you give on boards)?

One thing about living in Ireland that you love, one thing that pisses you off.

EDIT: Oh, and ... ever had to "rummage" since that first time? :pac: :D

trowelled wrote: »
    Hey hey it's the monkey.

Is it really true that you have been banned from the zoo and if so why?

Have I really been replaced as your dance partner?

The zoo? As part of the legal settlement I'm not allowed to discuss it I'm afraid.

Dancing. Oh.. I think I'll go back back to you. Badly Kneaded plays too rough. Last week she sat on me during a particularly over the top performance to Africa and I still have bruises.
    What's your favourite kind of fudge, and what's your favourite kind of monkey?

Would you beat me in a fight?

If I was to buy you a drink at the next Nocbeers, what would it have to be?

Favourite album ever?

(1) I like the Man of Aran fudge that they sell in George's street arcade. But I remember rushing to the very first BGRH beers and picking up some packets of fudge from Carrols and it was the nastiest tasting stuff ever.

(2) My favourite kind of monkey is the mandrill. They're the largest monkeys.

Mandril.jpg

How awesome is that guy? There's a sex shop on Capel street that has a plush mandrill in the window. I tried to buy it once with no luck, I tried to buy it a second time with no luck....

Did I try a third time? hmmm?

Why did they have one in the window to begin with? These are life's greatest mysteries.

(3) I'm far more dangerous than I appear in a fight and I've survived a murder attempt in the past so I reckon I'd fancy my chances. Although I'd probably back down from a fight with a female... although... it was a female who tried to murder me.

(4) I'm not the kind of person to get bogged down to one particular drink. It all depends on my humour at the time. I'll play it safe and say a Bushmills... I always have room for Bushmills.

(5) My favourite album would be Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band. Really hard to get into it.... but once it gets under your skin it's the best thing ever and you'll never get tired of listening to it.
    If the world was about to end and you were only allowed save three kinds of food what would you save? :pac:
    Hmmm... that's a tough one... as I actually really hate food. So trying to think of 3 that I'd like enough isn't easy.

I'll just go with naan bread 3 times... naan bread is awesome.

what was the cartoon you were trying to remember?

Are you ecentric to hide the boring honesty, or boringly honest to dilute the ecentricity that would surely destroy the universe if consumed in large quantities.

Mickey mouse or Sonic the Hedgehog?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What is the most intriging idea you have come across in the last 3 months ?
    What was the oddest thing about your childhood ?
    What is your biggest regret ?
    Would you want to have a paranormal epihany ?
    IF you could rid yourself of one bad habit what would it be and why ?

(1) I've have a huge interest in science so I'm constantly coming across new and interesting ideas that get me thinking for hours on end.

Most recently I've been thinking about the Carrington Event, which was when a huge solar flare hit the Earth back in 1859. The basic telegraph systems of the time were badly effected, but if a similar event were to happen now then the high energy electric girds we have today would be horribly effected. Solar activity is expected to pick up in the next few years so it's looking very likely that we could see another similar event take place. There's one satellite that could give us maybe a 15 minute warning but it's well past it's sell by date and 15 minutes isn't really enough time to power down electrical grids across the planet anyway.

So the idea that we're totally unprepared for such an event is pretty damn intriguing. Especially when you considered that third world countries will be relatively unaffected as they aren't as horribly reliant on electricity and technology as we are. Remember, we'd rely heavily on electricity to repair the damage done to the grid.... it could take months or years to recover if at all.

(2) Hmm.. hard to say from my perspective what is odd or not. Both my parents worked and I was a good deal younger than my siblings so I spent a lot of time alone in the house. I believe I compensated by having a large amount of imaginary friends. I was a very quiet child really. One time while on a trip to the USA my parents abandoned me at a 'gas' station in Traverse City. It was over 6 hours before they realised I was missing and came back to get me.

(3) Hmmm.. I've built up many, many regrets over the years. Probably more than my fair share. Got a big one looming over me at the moment actually... But time tends to put them in perspective though. If I was to name one I'd probably go with not going to see Blondie perform at Vicar Street a few years back.. as if I'd gone I wouldn't have almost been murdered... although who's to say things would have worked out any better... Guess it's pointless to regret most of these things as you'll never know how things would have worked out otherwise.

(4) What you mean and actually believe in ghosts? I can already use the techniques that mediums seem to use to see ghosts... doesn't mean I'm going to start believing that what I see are the spirits of the dead. The human subconscious mind is a powerful thing.

(5) Self loathing is a pretty bad habit of mine.. I really should try and curtail that one. Also I should probably be a bit kinder to my knees when dancing.
    JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Why monkeys??

Monkeys are natures comedians. I dare you to look at a monkey and not laugh. Go on, I dare you!
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Do I owe you money at the moment?

Or do you owe me money?

I cant rmemeber

You owe me money... definitely.

• Advertisement

You owe me money... definitely.

damn.

2 girls 1 cup, or 1 girl 2 cups?

Pacino or DeNiro?

Cheesecake or Banoffee pie?

Chinese or Indian takeaway?

How do you feel about the below image?

gordon.jpg

(1) Either is good... just as long as there is jaunty music playing in the background

(2) DeNiro. Definitely DeNiro. He's far more understated in his performances while Pacino relies too much on shouting... Of course they bought make utterly sh*t films these days.

(3) Definitely cheesecake. I like all sorts.. well... not fond of lemon. Love the baked cheese cakes in Queen of Tarts on Dame Street.

(4) Again definitely Indian. My favourite restaurant used to be the Rajdoot Tandoori on Clarendon Street. It closed down a while back though. I miss it dearly.

(5) I've sort of lost interest in House this season. And I lost interest in Half Life with Half Life 2.
    Piste wrote: »
    Blur or Oasis?

Definitely Blur. Always hated Oasis.
    Dord wrote: »
    Why were Toto so awesome?

They did the soundtrack for Dune for one thing!
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    The smiths or The cure ?

Now that's a tough one. But I think I love way more songs by the Cure, so I'll have to go with them.

Tea or coffee

What biscuits do you enjoy with your tea / coffee?

Who would you like to see take over the late late show?

(1) Coffee. Black coffee with no sugar.

(2) And I'm highly partial to Jammy Dodgers.

(3) David O'Doherty. Why not?
    What's the fascination with hats?

Do you enjoy your work as much as you seem to (at least the impression you give on boards)?

One thing about living in Ireland that you love, one thing that pisses you off.

EDIT: Oh, and ... ever had to "rummage" since that first time? :pac: :D

(1) I just hate the idea that such a practical item of clothing could go out of fashion.

(2) I do like my work... there's always lots of different things to do. I also worked hard to build the organisation that I work for. May not always like my job though.

(3) I do enjoy my Irish pub culture. I like how it's just fine to sit in the one pub for hours and hours on end chatting to people you know as they come and go and meeting and talking to new people. Always feels a bit odd sitting in the one pub for too long while abroad.

I know it's shallow, but sunny days (not necessarily warm) lift my spirits a lot. So I wish we had a few more days each year where the sun actually managed to shine through.

(4) Ha. Nope... no more unpleasant rummaging anyway.
    what was the cartoon you were trying to remember?

Are you ecentric to hide the boring honesty, or boringly honest to dilute the ecentricity that would surely destroy the universe if consumed in large quantities.

Mickey mouse or Sonic the Hedgehog?

(1)

(2) See above where I said I was quiet as a kid and got abandoned at a 'gas' station. Felt it was important to make myself memorable after that.

(3) Sonic. He's got an attitude. What's Mickey got?

i recognise that show!

It had killer icebergs or something in it, triangle cone shaped ones.

Cant remember it being any good though, I think it was really badly dubbed.

What is your favourite decade of the 20th century?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Definitely Blur. Always hated Oasis.

WHA?:eek::pac:

1. What pisses you off about society?

2. What's the worst thing you've ever witnessed happening?

3. If somehow you were given the opportunity to travel back in time to change one event, what event would it be? (please don't say whatever happened, happened :pac:)

4. What opinion do you have that others would view as quite extreme?

What is your favourite decade of the 20th century?

Possibly the 1930s when we were at the height of the Art Deco movement.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    WHA?:eek::pac:

1. What pisses you off about society?

2. What's the worst thing you've ever witnessed happening?

3. If somehow you were given the opportunity to travel back in time to change one event, what event would it be? (please don't say whatever happened, happened :pac:)

4. What opinion do you have that others would view as quite extreme?

(1) I find human greed particularly hard to take.

(2) That Catwoman movie with Halle Barry... Seriously!

(3) Beating Hitler to death at some early point in his career could be good for a laugh.

(4) I suppose my atheism would be considered by many to be extreme. I do tend to encounter a lot of religious people though. So have to do a lot of biting my tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Hey MF :p

What was the last thing someone done for you the touched your heart ?

What was the last thing to make you laugh that made your sides hurt?

Is there anyone in particular who made a massive impact on your life ?

If you could go on a round the world trip , were would you like to go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1. Would you describe yourself as an atheist, or an anti-theist?

2. In your view, can religion and evolution co-exist?

3. If you could "push a button" (not literally of course :pac:) that exposed religion as utterly man-made and false, would you press it? Bear in mind the ramifications it could have on billions of lives and what would happen if their faith was taken away from them.

* Sorry for the religious questions, I'm just curious for your take on these questions due to the previous answer you gave me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Would you really be annoyed if I shattered the world?

How many hats do you own?

Is there anyone in the world you really truely hate?

Have you ever slept in a bathtub?

• Advertisement

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Hey MF :p

What was the last thing someone done for you the touched your heart ?

What was the last thing to make you laugh that made your sides hurt?

Is there anyone in particular who made a massive impact on your life ?

If you could go on a round the world trip , were would you like to go ?

(1) Ha. That's probably a toss up between Badly Kneaded buying me a white rose (as she's a bit pale and that's her name) and that chocolate monkey that moonbaby bought for me a few weeks back. Sure Thornton's chocolate tastes nasty, but it's the monkey related thought that counts.... plus the monkeys bananna actually tastes of banana apparently.

Oh... Oh... and last night 6th gave me a musical monkey sweet dispenser. I already had one... but it's still awesome! (I'll post up a photo of that in a few minutes)

(2) Oh I had a PIGs meeting last night. Always lots of funny moments at them. In particular last night Dre as in Dray was reminding me about lots of stupid things I did on Friday which was pretty funny. One thing in particular made me applaud drunkeyfudge for his lack of social etiquette.

(3) Lots of people have tried to change and influence me over the years. But I'm pretty damn stubborn and pretty much my own man.

(4) I've already been to North, Central and South America.... so I'd like to concentrate more on Asia and of course try and bless the rains down in Africa.

I think given the time it would be awesome to follow in the trail of Darwin and the HMS Beagle though. And it's definitely a dream of mine to get to Antarctica at some point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement