Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kurt Cobain Biopic

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I prefer it when biopics use an actor who doesn't look too much like the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Talented? eh no. Try playing another chord Kurt! Even the drummer in that band had more talent! :D

Also Nirvana were not the first grunge band, not even the first one in Seattle and they certainly weren't the best.

So drugs and suicide are an interesting enough combination for a movie? Pffft.

Though I will give you that at least its not a remake.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    He also blew his brains out at pretty much the height of his fame,
    I would think that is fairly interesting.

Spoilers ffs! :pac:

Anyhoo, I vote Ben Foster for the part.

alphadogprempic8.jpg

Fantastic actor who would do a fantastic job imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Skinfull wrote: »
    Talented? eh no. Try playing another chord Kurt! Even the drummer in that band had more talent! :D

Also Nirvana were not the first grunge band, not even the first one in Seattle and they certainly weren't the best.

So drugs and suicide are an interesting enough combination for a movie? Pffft.

Though I will give you that at least its not a remake.:rolleyes:

Considering you were trying to debunk what I was saying...
    I noticed you didn't actually quote anything I said.

I never said he was the most talented one in the band...

Never said Nirvana were the first grunge band,
    I did say that they have sold over 50 million albums and that they have certainly brought that style of music more to the fore.

I would think his life is interesting enough for a biopic,
    the Ian Curtis biopic was pretty good and his life has many of the same parallels as Cobain (drugs, depression, married, one daughter, killed himself).
    They made a film about Richie Valens and his recording career lasted only 8 months..

A large number of films currently are remakes,
    if you knew anything about films (which I don't think you do) then you would be glad that studios are pushing money into an original idea,
    as opposed to rehashing previous successful films...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I know it wasn't official but hasn't this kinda been done already? Link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

if only heath ledger was alive :) i think he would be a idea

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Considering you were trying to debunk what I was saying...
    I noticed you didn't actually quote anything I said.

I never said he was the most talented one in the band...

Never said Nirvana were the first grunge band,
    I did say that they have sold over 50 million albums and that they have certainly brought that style of music more to the fore.

I would think his life is interesting enough for a biopic,
    the Ian Curtis biopic was pretty good and his life has many of the same parallels as Cobain (drugs, depression, married, one daughter, killed himself).
    They made a film about Richie Valens and his recording career lasted only 8 months..

A large number of films currently are remakes,
    if you knew anything about films (which I don't think you do) then you would be glad that studios are pushing money into an original idea,
    as opposed to rehashing previous successful films...

I didnt quote you because it wasnt just you I was debating with. Clearly though the thread revolves around you so I shall quote you now...

So I may have inferred while you only implyed but 50 mil record sales means alot of people bought it, not that the band life is worth recounting. Betting jedward sell that much, or MC hammer (though thats a movie I'd like to see!)

I already conceeded the point on remakes so I dont know why you continued to argue it, save for the point that I seem to have hit a nerve there somewhere!

And finally clearly I have no idea about movies because my opinion differes from yours! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Charlie Hunnam would get my vote. He's really good as Jax Teller in Sons of Anarchy (great show btw).

jax-teller-picture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Why Cobain for a biopic,

He was only 27 when he died, he didnt have that big of a career,

it would work as a mini series even then at a stretch,

A Freddie Mercury biopic would be far better,

But in that way they might focus too much on one aspect of his life, like Philidelphia the musical kinda,

But far more story in that kind of musicians life than Cobains.

And yes i do like some Nirvana stuff, Dave Grohl was the more talented in that band i belive,

If it does go ahead

I want the scene where Dave Grohl gets high on shrooms,
    gets his mums car and goes driving around the city thinking he's in a tank,
    with his head out the sunroof :D

Gadge wrote: »
    Charlie Hunnam would get my vote. He's really good as Jax Teller in Sons of Anarchy (great show btw).

jax-teller-picture.jpg

He'll always be the guy from Byker Grove! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement