Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argosy 320GB Divx Harddrive - €182.45 delivered

Options
  • 18-01-2007 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

From iBood, for the next 23 hours, or until stocks run out. Looks very much like the European version of the MeDrive, which means it should display DivX subtitles.

If you like that kind of thing. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks gr8 ,could do with one of them ,pity I just bought a new internal 320gb the other day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just ordered one.

My Existing external Hard drive is full of mainly videos and what not so this will come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

peckerhead wrote:
    From iBood, for the next 23 hours, or until stocks run out. Looks very much like the European version of the MeDrive, which means it should display DivX subtitles.

Do you think this would be Mac compatible? The ibood site doesn't mention it but the link the the MeDrive does say its compatible. They're the same hard drive just rebranded arent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just ordered one of these - as did 6 of the lads here in work :D

- Thanks for letting us know OP

P.S. How are Ibood for shipping - wondering when it will arrive now.........[?]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Raiser wrote:
    Just ordered one of these - as did 6 of the lads here in work :D

- Thanks for letting us know OP

P.S. How are Ibood for shipping - wondering when it will arrive now.........[?]

Search boards. There is a few threads on them. Seem ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Good deal - thanks OP !!

has any one got an email yet?

I have an order reference but no email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The credit card page appears to be insecure! :confused:

There's no lock symbol on the bottom right of my browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

BendiBus wrote:
    The credit card page appears to be insecure! :confused:

There's no lock symbol on the bottom right of my browser.

Does the url on the page say https?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Does the url on the page say https?
    Yes

• Advertisement

OK, I've just ordered one. I hope that WAS a secure transaction. Haven't got a confirmation email :confused:

This seems to be the exact same as an ATMT badged drive that I tried to buy in Maplins on Saturday, except they were selling it for about €290! Fortunately they were sold out at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

This isn't one of their exploding hard drives is?:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52419047&postcount=10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

got one for the tv in the bedroom

don't yet have a tv in the bedroom of course, not that it matters

I've finally managed to log in to my ibood account.

There is no order on file! :confused: I have a confirmation number and they got my CC details!

This is not a good start. :mad:

BendiBus wrote:
    I've finally managed to log in to my ibood account.

There is no order on file! :confused: I have a confirmation number and they got my CC details!

This is not a good start. :mad:

At least you could log on to your account

My credit card has been charged.

Dunno if thats a good sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

I can't log on to my account...

I've mailed customerservice@ibood.com

Let's see what happens. Ideally I'd like not to miss this offer as I actually wanted this product and was prepared to pay €100 more for it in Maplins yesterday.

BendiBus wrote:
    I've mailed customerservice@ibood.com

Let's see what happens. Ideally I'd like not to miss this offer as I actually wanted this product and was prepared to pay €100 more for it in Maplins yesterday.

I emailed them at 9 this morning and still awaiting a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

got one too - any idea how long it takes for delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Would be perfect if it could play files from a USB memory key.

Am I right in assuming it won't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

WHat exact compatability will this have, would I be better off buying a regular ext HD and playing items through my laptop for comprehensive codec support?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

chump wrote:
    WHat exact compatability will this have, would I be better off buying a regular ext HD and playing items through my laptop for comprehensive codec support?

Full spec and manual:

http://www.argosy.com.tw/product-detial.php?prod_id=80

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭beanhead

peckerhead wrote:

FOR THE LAZY TYPES!

1. Does HV355 support subtitle files for DIVX?
    A: Yes, HV355 supports SRT, PSB, SMI, ASS, SSA, SUB 2.0 (text) and IDX/SUB (picture).
    To support IDX/SUB picture subtitle file, both IDX and SUB files need to be present.

This device supports DIVX version 3/4/5 and XVID version 3/4/5
    2. DivX or XivD file in the format of Q-PEL, GMC is not supported by this device.

5. Does HV355 support Divx DRM (Digital Rights Management)?
    A: Yes. HV355 does support Divx DRM.

9. Does HV355 support WMV and WMA format files?
    A: HV355 does not support WMV and WMA format files. You will need to transfer them to other file formats supported by HV355.

cosgrove80 wrote:
    Would be perfect if it could play files from a USB memory key.

Am I right in assuming it won't?

If you copy whats on the USB stick to the HD it will.

But why would you want something like this if you want to play it from a memory stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

kearnsr wrote:
    If you copy whats on the USB stick to the HD it will.

But why would you want something like this if you want to play it from a memory stick?

It's just if I have the drive plugged in and connected to the TV in a different room, it would be easier to just put a file on the stick. Then I could just slot that in to the HD rather than unhooking the drive and hooking it up to the PC again.

cosgrove80 wrote:
    It's just if I have the drive plugged in and connected to the TV in a different room, it would be easier to just put a file on the stick. Then I could just slot that in to the HD rather than unhooking the drive and hooking it up to the PC again.

Oh right yeah. I thought youw anted to hook the USB key to the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered this but did a bit "arse-ways" (to put it mildly)..

Ordered it via an international bank transfer as opposed to credit card (don't ask me why!) last night about 1am. They sent me an e-mail with order details and a order number. Then afterwards, i regretted ordering it and sent them an e-mail cancelling it.

And then, the indecisive fecker that i am had a change of heart and sent the money this morning (using that same order number from the one i cancelled, but they never got back to me and the product is still down as 'in progress'). So i hope my order is put through.

Also, the way the e-mail address was formatted with bank details was a bit confusing so i'm not positive i got the Reciever's Name & Address correct but i definitely got the SWIFT code and IBAN right so i hope this is enough (anyone put my mind at ease?)

PS - the USB key thing would suit me too as my 4GB key could store my latest stuff i've just acquired from the PC, and then just plug it in when ready to watch in the other room.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh... and today's offer just put up:

Cutlery - Sola set of containing 90 pieces - €59.95

(think i'll skip it!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Advertisement