Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scumbag smokers listen up...

Options
  • 03-08-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

3 requests:

1: stop standing in doorways having your smoke, im sick of walkin through a cloud of smoke to get into a shop/pub.....disgusting.

2: stop lighting the smoke on the way out of places, wait till your outside before lighting it up!!!

3: the most annoying is when your outside somewhere smoking(in the doorway of course) and take your last puff and dont wait the extra second to blow out the smoke outside....oh no...ya walk into wherever it is and release a lungfull of smoke that me and the rest of the non smokers have to stomach!

so bloody well stop it!! we can smell your lung smoke easy so have some consideration, poulluting the place yous are....horrible people....:p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just to annoy you I'm going to start doing all these things even more so than usual.

people who don't smoke oughta be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Make me!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

jeezuz. bad day op?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ah you poor dear. Sit down there now and have your soda pop and I'll talk to the nasty men and women and let them know how precious your ickle nosey is... Or words to that effect.

having a pint or three chillin in a pub and you will look around and see some people are butt ugly, some people are socially inept to the point of rudeness, some people have the uncontrollable need to fart their cheap food, some people think soap is something you give yor ma at christmas, some people are all the above. Big deal. The second hand smoke bit doesn't wash either. If your lungs are that weak from the odd whiff of fag smoke then darwin's theories need serious rejigging. :p

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You'll appreciate the smoking ban after being away from it for a while. Just having them go outside is enough for me.(tips hat to George Michael)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

Been on both sides of the fence here. I am now an non-smoker and very happy with that. When I used to smoke (albeit not very often!!!) I did have the decency to make sure the smoke was kept away from others. That's just me I suppose. Have to say I am delighted now I am non-smoker (and have been for a long time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The OP has a point: the stuff he's talking about, especially the last one (that's just rank), is pure bad manners. And I say that as an occasional smoker.

"Scumbag smokers" as a title though - this should be fun... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I say do as he says... But fart more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I would consider myself quite tolerant of smokers - I actually kinda like the smell of smoke! But I agree with the first two points (the third I haven't really noticed much)
    It's rude to stand outside a doorway anyway, regardless of whether you're smoking or not. Plenty of street around.

removed a few abuse posts.. go have a ciggie and relax lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't smoke. I quit when the smoking ban came in. Since quitting smoking, I now realise how awful smokers smell. Like, it's stink. Big waft of lung cancer off ya. And you only realise when you don't smoke. Now I know what all the non-smokers were on about when they said "Big smell of smoke off ya!" What feckin' smell I said? They were right. One of the few times dlofnep was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I don't do any of those mentioned, In particular the door way thing

In any case; Shove it up your arse OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

There's nothing worse than non-smokers who think they're some how better than people who smoke. They're like Vegans who try and enforce their diet on everyone else and look at people who eat meat with disgust.

Kill yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

OP you'd be the one with a calculator out to share the bill yes? While the rest of us our out havin' a smoke and laughing at grumpy people.

Ass Face wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than non-smokers who think they're some how better than people who smoke. They're like Vegans who try and enforce their diet on everyone else and look at people who eat meat with disgust.
    Yeah, but while eating meat doesn't affect vegans' health, second-hand smoke does affect non smokers' health. I know there's the ban now, but if someone blows smoke in your face (and you're a non smoker) you kinda have a right to be annoyed. I smoke btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

Kill yourselves.

Isn't that a little OTT? I used to smoke (not a lot mind you) and am now 100% smoke free. I am very happy now to be a non-smoker. Some peoples opinions are quite strong, but frowning upon others because of some higher sense of purpose, I wouldn't imagine so. Everybody has their own opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

NEVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, but while eating meat doesn't affect vegans' health, second-hand smoke does affect non smokers' health. I know there's the ban now, but if someone blows smoke in your face (and you're a non smoker) you kinda have a right to be annoyed. I smoke btw.

*blows smoke in your face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

Blow smoke up his ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

King-stew after a certain activity me and yore ma enjoy a smoke together before we go for seconds!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

king-stew wrote: »
    3 requests:

1: stop standing in doorways having your smoke, im sick of walkin through a cloud of smoke to get into a shop/pub.....disgusting.

2: stop lighting the smoke on the way out of places, wait till your outside before lighting it up!!!

3: the most annoying is when your outside somewhere smoking(in the doorway of course) and take your last puff and dont wait the extra second to blow out the smoke outside....oh no...ya walk into wherever it is and release a lungfull of smoke that me and the rest of the non smokers have to stomach!

so bloody well stop it!! we can smell your lung smoke easy so have some consideration, oulluting the place yous are....horrible people....:p

4. Put the butt in the ashtray or bin when finished. If you really can't Keep Your City Tidy, at least try not to dirty it too much....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Shove it up your arse.

Lit or unlit?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Shove it up your arse.

Agreed. If there IS no bin, this is an acceptable solution.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Scumbag whining OP maybe you should just light one up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

Lit or unlit?

Dudess, lit of course followed by a scafolding pole:D

keep it civil, assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lit or unlit?

I'd go for the full 20 still in the box. Remove outer wrapping just to hinder it's passage to the land of darkness. Lube not an option.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Kill yourselves.

Nice...You will do very well here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

king-stew wrote: »

The next person who does to me will actually have their face smashed in... Stupid ****ing *****!

Advertisement