Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gap - be careful

Options
  • 26-07-2015 5:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A number of bikers have reported a seat leon playing a dangerous game with them this weekend in the Wicklow Gap area, just a head's up to watch out, car is light silver 11 reg if i'm allowed say that, if not, mod please rectify.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah seen that alright, one lad reported nearly getting taken out of it during the week. Now a group of lads today when up there they were actually aimed at by the on coming car a silver SEAT LEON by all accounts. When they got down the mountain other bikers said the same......

Obviously this person has a grudge against bikes so be careful. Only a matter of time before he picks on the wrong lads TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They've been shooting pellets and doing similar to cyclists for ages up there. Must be the mountain air driving them crazy.

Or a local resident pissed off at all the boy racers acting the bollocks!!!! Not all bikers go up for a nice spin and a cup of tea, there are alot of headcases up there on bikes too lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Or a local resident pissed off at all the boy racers acting the bollocks!!!! Not all bikers go up for a nice spin and a cup of tea, there are alot of headcases up there on bikes too lads.

Big time, last year i was tipping along about 80mph and2 guys blew by me like i was stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yeah...we all know who they are but no-one ever calls them on it....because theyre "mates"...;)

• Advertisement

aaakev wrote: »
    Big time, last year i was tipping along about 80mph and2 guys blew by me like i was stopped!

Have no problem with people passing me like that, leave them on. Last time I was up there some summer wannabe came around a bend far too fast for his skillz crossed over my side and missed me by inches!!!!

Was blessed.....never again I said.

Never forget the time I was up there with Lookbehindyou and some polish fella creamed the wall in a group, they actually left him there. Never came back lad was in an awful state!
    Apparently, none of them had any tax or insurance hence why they left him ffs!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers OP.

I've copied your warning, and Wonda's #2 post into the Cycling Forum as a warning to those guys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yeah the people on bicycles where really ripping the place up. Local or not running people off the road is not the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Oh sorry about that lads, though ye all wanted a race :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTR1C wrote: »
    Oh sorry about that lads, though ye all wanted a race :P

I heard you were burning rubber up the Cooley Mountains too :D

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yeah the people on bicycles where really ripping the place up. Local or not running people off the road is not the answer.

What you on about?

I never mentioned 2 wheeled bikes (its a motorbike forum should not have to differentiate or clarify the word bike ffs) and it was a suggestion why that road rage clown is acting why he/she is. People flip for very little these days......was not saying its quite alright and you know it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭gipi

Apparently the guy was arrested on Sunday evening, after being up the Gap causing more bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Did anybody get more of the reg?

gipi wrote: »
    Apparently the guy was arrested on Sunday evening, after being up the Gap causing more bother.

Lovely stuff hopefully he gets more then a slap on the wrist.....

Reminds me of a scumbag that used to do the same sh1t around bray....now he races bikes.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

A holiday in a nice cage at the top of the Wicklow Gap?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Apparently he has mental health issues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Apparently he has mental health issues...

Probably from his 47 previous convictions and his bad background :rolleyes:

I'm sure when he makes a donation to a local hospital for sick kids and enrols in a FAS course the courts will be lenient on him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Just curious as to whether incidents like this may be linked...

http://www.thejournal.ie/crash-wicklow-gap-2161304-Jun2015/

Well we could all say we saw him there at around that time....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,824 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thats the thing, you may never actually know. Which is why the guards have forensic teams there to check if there is tyre marks etc consistent with other vehicles.

All you can hope is the investigators do their job properly.

And people might actually invest in that go pro they have been talking about so evidence is collected.

I have the latest Go Pro sitting on my table here never really use it, thats gonna change now TBH. Continuous loop here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,824 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have the latest Go Pro sitting on my table here never really use it, thats gonna change now TBH. Continuous loop here I come.

Aye, I had to send mine back for RMA as it was never right when i got it.Always froze and powered off. Turns out it was a faulty batch. So it was replaced last week under warranty.

Running like a beaut now, cant fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭gipi

Latest from t'other site is that the car (and possibly the same driver) have been back around the gap today. Full reg and photo of car over on biker. Gardaí have been informed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Apparently an arrest has happened, sure we'll keep an eye out.

Picture of the car, That was me doggin with the missus.....sorry :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

According to Biker, he was back up there today. Sorry just seen gipi post

Similar thing happened me last year, 3 scum in a golf acting the maggot in front of me at laragh..turned up on to the squiggly road and they were overtaking cars going up the hill..:eek:....i stayed well back and waited for the happy ending...it didnt happen, they pulled into the car park at the top....if i was in a group i think they wiuld have been walking home...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Nothing a bag of doorknobs and a bag of quicklime won't sort. I'd say there's enough attention on this by now that your man won't be long running into a spot of bother.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Nothing a bag of doorknobs and a bag of quicklime won't sort. I'd say there's enough attention on this by now that your man won't be long running into a spot of bother.

Pity the poor ****er driving a seat leon who takes his eyes of the road for a split second after dropping his mobile and veers towards a biker.......he gonna get GOD yo!

Advertisement